Back to Learning to Teach Online

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning to Teach Online by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

Are you an educator? Have you ever wanted to understand more about how to design your class to make better use of educational technology – whether fully online or in blended contexts? Would you like to learn from those who have extensive practical experience with online technologies? The Learning to Teach Online (LTTO) MOOC will help you develop a working understanding of successful online teaching strategies that you can apply in your own practice. The course is based upon the multi award winning open educational resource developed by Dr Simon McIntyre and Karin Watson. Integrating online technologies into your teaching can be a challenging prospect, and it can be difficult to know how to approach it effectively for the benefit of both students and yourself. No one knows your own content and teaching strengths better than you, and the “one size fits all” formula doesn’t always suit everyone. No matter what type of technology you are interested in exploring or your level of experience, this course will help you draw on your teaching strengths and find the approach that is right for you, your students and your educational context. This course will guide you through your journey of understanding how online technologies can enhance your course design. You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of effective online teaching practices and their relationship to the use of different technologies. You will also be encouraged to progressively design and reflect upon your own online learning activity, assessment or resource for use in your own class if you choose to undertake the course assignments....

DM
Aug 13, 2020

If a person takes the time to read all of the attached pdfs and website you can get quite a detailed knowledge of this topic. The course did a very good job of mirroring the principles that it taught.

RR
Aug 19, 2020

It was an awesome experience for me in improving, especially my teaching skills to a new paradigm, I learned and benefited immensely from the course, as the course design is meticulously well planned.

251 - 275 of 1,085 Reviews for Learning to Teach Online

By Mike C P

Jun 21, 2020

The researches and case studies presented in the course are so relevant and relatable. It also gave a lot of insights and best practices to be applied in my institution and course design and learning environment. Thank you also for having a live Q&A session for the cohort. I felt the presence of the course professors all throughout the duration of the course. :)

By Mohammed A R

Jul 2, 2020

This was a good course for beginners planning to teach online or blended courses. However, some of the optional videos did not add much value. While peer-reviewing other participant's assignments, I observed that some participants did not pay much attention to what they have been asked to do. I guess you may add a video emphasising how to address the prompts.

By Arlaine G P d S

Jun 14, 2020

The course gave me a very deep reflection on teaching and learning in the online scenario. The materials available are of high quality and the classes and case studies complemented the course objectives well. I also felt engaged to discuss in the forum and the instructors were excellent in their explanations. I feel confident enough to teach online! Thankful!

By RUPESH K M

Great Efforts by the Instructors in designing the Course. Really the Instructors have spent a lot of time in designing the course, which was evidently seen in the content. Moreover both the Instructors were very good in putting the things right on the Platter. Hats off to the Instructors for designing this course. Really it was a good Learning Experience.

By Bella R M

Dec 8, 2016

The course was truly helpful in my ability to learn new technologies and novel teaching strategies. I am so grateful to have taken part in this course under such amazing facilitators -- Dr. Negin Mirriahi and Simon McIntyre. They were magnanimously patient, gracious towards the participants, and awesome in their own ways! Thank you so much to you both!

By Anshu B

Oct 13, 2017

I think it is a well designed course,very useful for those in Higher learning/college teaching/technological field teaching situations.

A little more on School level options and work would make it more holistic in approach,though I understand the constraints,obligations-smaller children,restrictions on using options etc.

Overall great learning option!

By Swapnil D

Aug 12, 2020

This was an excellent course to do. Though I had read a few books on the topic of conducting online classes, a practical orientation was needed. Through this course I could understand the minute things a teacher can do to make her/ his online classes interesting and engaging. I am grateful to Coursera and my university for introducing this course.

By Chalinda B

May 9, 2020

Excellent course. Well done duo. I really appreciate the way Simon and Negin have developed the course, assessed the learning outcomes, and specifically the communication skills of both. Throughout the course, they both set us an excellent delivery of an online course. The course itself is a fabulous example for that. keep up all your good work!!

By MOHAMED A S K 1

I have learned a lot from this course. I have already put my learned knowledge into practice confidently. Thanks to the facilitators for the simplified and well-planned execution of course. The discussion forums also played a major role in knowing various perspectives and practices which will definitely come handy.

By Mai-Wah C

This is a great course. Aside from the learning material, it is great that they have assessment along the course to assess individual student's knowledge on each subject and give personal recommendation on resources individual student can further pursue. Really love this course.

By Mr.Praveen K A

Aug 13, 2020

Course is excellent and gives initial exposure as to what it means to be teaching online. Though it does not train on individuals tools, but brings awareness of various online tools for content preparation suiting to meet course learning outcomes, assessment, and evaluation

By Theresa M

Jun 20, 2020

This is an excellent course. This course is crafted for everyone, novice or experienced teachers. The course is well-crafted. The videos and all learning materials are so helpful in further understanding the topics. I highly recommend this course!

By ACHYUTA N M

It was an wonderful and enriching experience, tutors were truly inspiring. I enjoyed the process of learning. I heartily thank them and also thank Coursera for for providing me the opportunity to learn a new dimension of contemporary curriculum.

By Jyoti L

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent! Has helped even teachers like me who did not use technology & removed apprehensions. It also gave me a platform to learn & be involved.Finally,it was a good learning experience.i wanted to learn - as it was a now or never situation.

By Ciaran M

Jun 27, 2020

An excellent course, which has helped me prepare to turn my teaching from a face to face environment to an online one. I hope to refer again to the many useful links and sources of information provided by the course team. Thanks and well done!

By Munazza F

I really learn a lot from this course.This course gave me confidence to use technology.It is very beneficial and even a person with a very little knowledge of technology,after doing this course could be skillful.I liked my teachers very much.

By Do D K

Oct 13, 2019

The course course has been of great help to me in teaching online. From here, I have found my own online teaching method to apply in my current job. At the same time, this is also the field that I have been studying and working for many years

By Waseem H M

The course is wonderful. Its very comprehensive and interactive. I found it very engaging and it went very smoothly. It is very well-designed. It's going to be very helpful in my teaching during these Covid-19 times and in future. Thank you.

By Abdulrahman A A

Jul 13, 2020

A wonderful experience provided by Simon and Negin. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is facing the prospect of teaching online as this will definitely help you gain an understanding of everything that happens behind the scenes.

By Delson B

Jul 29, 2020

I gained so many insights and learning from this course! Thank you very much to our instructors, Associate Professor Simon McIntyre and Dr. Negin Mirriahi, and to all fellow educators who took part in this Learning to Teach Online course.

By Chris S

Jun 29, 2020

Really fantastic course. I was able to learn at my own pace and focus on the things that I needed to learn about. I did not have to spend time learning about things I already knew and was able to just learn around the gaps in my knowledge

By Justin L S

Jan 4, 2017

Really enjoyed the thought starters. I am a practitioner in a relatively forward-thinking institution. This was pitched at the right level with lots of additional resources for those who needed more.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

By Melinda V T

Jun 28, 2020

Very informative and everything is explicitly explained. In this course one would be able to assess oneself as to their knowledge and effectiveness in teaching inline. Highly recommendable for all teachers to go through this course.

By Regine C

Jul 11, 2020

This course is very helpful especially now that the world faces covid-19 and most of the affected countries switched into online learning. This course gives many strategies on how can online class be more engaging to the students.

By SRINIDHI L K

This course enables teachers who are teaching online for the first time to plan the topics which can be covered online, prepare a lesson plan, plan online activity, online assessment techniques, effective ways of engaging online.