Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

DA
Mar 13, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

51 - 75 of 470 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By JENNIFER O

Mar 30, 2019

This course is so dynamic and easy to learn. Kudos to the team of ASU Teach English Now! More power to your endeavors.

I have recommended this course to friends who are Interested to have a TESOL certificate and two has already enrolled in the class.

By Daphne M M

Dec 7, 2016

i was very challenged with the modules that at one time wished i had not started on it. but i am now grateful, i soldiered on and now i can enjoy and look back just to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH COUSERA ASU"! grate buddies when it comes to empowering us.

By David B

Mar 20, 2020

This course reinforced the topics from the previous lessons. It was hard! I feel like I have worked so hard to reach the halfway point, and I hope to move on to the next part soon. ASU's TEN TESOL specialization is very very good. Thanks guys.

By Cynndi N

Apr 8, 2018

The instruction, instructors, teacher observations, peer-reviewing, and feedback are all great assets to improving and encouraging the love going towards "making a difference" in the world WITH AN EDUCATORS HEART!! Thank you, ASU & peers!

By maria v

Jun 19, 2016

Fantastic course. It was an amazing experience and learned so much. Highly recommend for anyone to do this course as it really is an amazing journey with yr peers and instructors. You will really have built your confidence on completion.

By Sofia B

Mar 8, 2017

The course gives you the opportunity to have a go at creating your own lessons. The first lesson I did was a bit amatour, but it gave me the confidence to make better lessons in the second specialisation. Thanks a lot to the creators!!!

By Shahid I

Oct 16, 2020

Wonderful. Awesome. Top stuff. Students however are not giving value to the worth of the assignments and are plagiarizing or cheating in some other way. I hope you can separate the real teachers from the fake ones in the last course.

By Wang D

Mar 24, 2020

Great course!Through the journey I learned a lot about my own teaching philosophy. What's more, I gain some really useful techniques by observing their teachers. So, I highly recommand to those what want to be professional teachers.

By Muhammed E E

Apr 8, 2018

It was a great course and I learned a lot about lesson plan and how I can prepare a daily lesson plan and weekly lesson plan and I have learned a lot of methods when I watched lessons and wrote my observation about lessons.

By feruza i

Sep 6, 2020

Great course! Special thanks to ASU and Coursera for granting this amazing opportunity to grow both professionally and personally,it was the hardest of all courses I have taken on Coursera ,but it was really worth it!

By Partha S

Oct 22, 2016

It was nice to receive formative assessment through Capstone Project. Anybody interested in practicing what they've learned during the first three modules, Capstone Project is the course for them. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

By Delphine S

Jan 21, 2019

The Capstone project as well as this whole course truly does help us to not only learn this new skill set but also supports us in creating real world useful documents and tools. Excellent! Can't wait for part two.

By Serah

May 8, 2018

I love love love this course so much. so informative, educational and very taxing. Although rigorous, we were held by the hands through it all. Thank you all Dr Shane Dixon and Ms. Jessica Cinco, you did amazing

By Gunarti T

May 14, 2020

The Observation Reflection really helping me to have clearer description of teaching English and equip me to analyze and improve my own teaching style. Thank you very much for the wonderful tutors and Coursera.

By MAURICIO C T

Mar 23, 2019

Fantastic the content offered on this course. I have been learning much much much more. The Capstone is the opportuniti to go deepen on the subject. Son There we will go! Thank you all that make it come true.

By Barno Z

Jun 6, 2020

It was amazing experience. I loved the time I spent on this course, got a lot of useful skills and could apply them here. I would like to thank coursera and ASU for such opportunity and wish them good luck!

By Keishia S

Mar 5, 2019

Great course! I found it challenging and it helped me think about my purpose and why I am in the course. It also challenged me with constructing a daily and weekly lesson plan, which is important to have.

By Marina H

Mar 20, 2018

The purpose of this final project is to put to work the tools and knowledge that we gain throughout the courses. It helps us become a self-directed learner and st starts to build our teaching portfolio.

By Paul A H

Jul 8, 2019

Great class. Really pushed me to work beyond what I was comfortable with. I am so glad that I didn't give up because I have learned so much from this series of classes. The teachers are very, very good.

By Paula C H

Aug 21, 2019

Awesome course! it was fun, interesting and all your materials took me step by step without any trouble. Thank you Dr. Shane and Ms. Jessica you kept me entertain and learn more than what I expected.

By Lorena G

Dec 2, 2016

This Capstone Project requires a lot of effort and time, but it is definitely worth it. Anyone who takes this course will learn so much at the end and he/she would be prepared to start teaching.

By Clarise P

Aug 11, 2019

This course was great! I learned a lot about preparing Lesson Plans and received wonderful tips. Thank you ASU and Coursera for creating such a complete and wonderful Capstone Project!

By Valeriya K

Feb 11, 2020

It was really challenging as I have never taught. I sm not s yracher and I spent much time on thinking and planning. But I don't regret and I am looking forward to starting a part 2.

By sanaa J

Jul 5, 2020

Going through the activities of Capstone 1 brought out the deeper self-awareness of what I learned and how I'm applying my knowledge to reach out to my students. A great experience.

By Sara B

Dec 3, 2019

This course was 100% useful and helpful, I have learnt so much in this course and I believe that I got improved my skills and my teaching methods throughout this course.

Thank You!