Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

Jun 01, 2020

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

DA

Mar 14, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

101 - 125 of 384 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Viktor

Jun 20, 2018

This course is a treasure for teachers!!! I really mean it. Starting with nuts and bolts to confident lesson conducting.!

By Olga K

Jul 27, 2017

Excellent course to revise all the prior material and to show yourself, what you have learnt and able to do as a teacher)

By Tatiana

May 26, 2016

The course provide intensive practice. After completing all of the assignments I feel myself more confident as a teacher.

By Marcos S

Aug 13, 2018

Very important for everyone who wants to be an English teacher or teachers who want to revisit and improve their skills.

By Elías O E

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, great material, and dynamic professors. Thank you so much for your teaching, enthusiasm, and support!

By Bridget M

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent course materials! This capstone was a great way to apply everything I learned in Part I of Teach English Now.

By 利平 L 卢 L

Nov 08, 2018

it's a very good platform, giving people like me to pursue a dream of being an English teacher. I really appreciate it.

By heather m

Mar 09, 2019

This is an amazing course!!! the teachers are fantastic. The material is broken down in simple bits. All achievable!

By Andrew M

Oct 11, 2016

Fantastic Observation opportunities. However, due to site issues, I had to skip, go back, and re-watch various pieces.

By Dmitriy V

Jul 08, 2020

Great course. I highly recommend it because it needs lots of efforts, but develops you as a teacher at no time flat.

By Fernando U P

Jul 02, 2017

This course is very interactive. It was a bit challenging, but overall it is necessary for future English teachers.

By Kimberly C

Nov 18, 2019

Excellent Course! Great teachers with creative presentations! Kept my interest and I learned a lot. Thank you!

By Jessyca M

Nov 15, 2016

This is a wonderful and motivating course that teaches how to be a great teacher, using your own characteristics.

By 贾一凡

Feb 25, 2018

Great lessons. The tasks is a little bit hard for learners.But we,ve learnt a lot of how to write a lesson plan.

By Ulas A

Dec 16, 2016

Perfect Course which gives teacher candidates so valuable information that they can use throughout their career!

By Konstantin U

May 28, 2019

I love these courses from ASU. A lot of thought and care has been put into creating them, and this is palpable.

By Yulia L

May 17, 2016

Highly recommend this course for ESL teachers! Puts to practice everything we learned in the previous courses!

By Angelina K

Jun 01, 2020

It's a very good course. Learners have to practice what thy have learned. I find this course very effective.

By Darya S

Apr 10, 2020

This course helps develop practical skills and I've learnt a lot from my peers. Thank you ASU and Coursera!

By Nargiza A

Aug 03, 2020

This course is professionally handled. I learned new skills necessary for teaching ESL. Thank you so much!

By sornavalli

Oct 07, 2018

Had a fantastic time!! Preparing one week lesson plan and recording a teaching video - was the best part!!

By Johleen K

Aug 03, 2020

This is an awesome course with very interesting and refreshing approach in delivering the course content.

By Happy L D C

Jun 09, 2017

Excellent course, I've been teaching EFL for years and this course certainly has added onto my knowledge.

By Yvon M

Jun 17, 2018

This is an excellent course! I highly recommend it to everyone that wants to be a better ESL Instructor.

By Nancy H

It was a lot of hard work but very rewarding. Thank you for creating this challenging Capstone Project.