Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

Jun 01, 2020

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

DA

Mar 14, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

101 - 125 of 352 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Dmitriy V

Jul 08, 2020

Great course. I highly recommend it because it needs lots of efforts, but develops you as a teacher at no time flat.

By Fernando U P

Jul 02, 2017

This course is very interactive. It was a bit challenging, but overall it is necessary for future English teachers.

By Kimberly C

Nov 18, 2019

Excellent Course! Great teachers with creative presentations! Kept my interest and I learned a lot. Thank you!

By Jessyca M

Nov 15, 2016

This is a wonderful and motivating course that teaches how to be a great teacher, using your own characteristics.

By 贾一凡

Feb 25, 2018

Great lessons. The tasks is a little bit hard for learners.But we,ve learnt a lot of how to write a lesson plan.

By Ulas A

Dec 16, 2016

Perfect Course which gives teacher candidates so valuable information that they can use throughout their career!

By Konstantin U

May 28, 2019

I love these courses from ASU. A lot of thought and care has been put into creating them, and this is palpable.

By Yulia L

May 17, 2016

Highly recommend this course for ESL teachers! Puts to practice everything we learned in the previous courses!

By Angelina K

Jun 01, 2020

It's a very good course. Learners have to practice what thy have learned. I find this course very effective.

By Darya S

Apr 10, 2020

This course helps develop practical skills and I've learnt a lot from my peers. Thank you ASU and Coursera!

By sornavalli

Oct 07, 2018

Had a fantastic time!! Preparing one week lesson plan and recording a teaching video - was the best part!!

By Happy L D C

Jun 09, 2017

Excellent course, I've been teaching EFL for years and this course certainly has added onto my knowledge.

By Yvon M

Jun 17, 2018

This is an excellent course! I highly recommend it to everyone that wants to be a better ESL Instructor.

By Nancy H

It was a lot of hard work but very rewarding. Thank you for creating this challenging Capstone Project.

By Ibrahima D

Mar 20, 2020

This is a great course with so much information and knowledge about how to effectively design a lesson.

By Tzion O

Jun 23, 2017

very good instructions, excellent explanations, I like it very much.

Simple to understand modelling !!!

By Donna N D

Feb 11, 2017

This has been great for me! I have learned some very useful techniques and ideas to use in my classes.

By BIPLAB D

May 03, 2016

All the courses from the great Language teacher Dr. Shane Dixone are simply excellent !!!

Recommending!

By Vicki L H

Mar 25, 2020

Thank you to everyone, this course was excellent and I look forward to continuing. Bravo to the team!

By Jhohana A D A G

This was an incredible experience! I learned a lot watching the lessons of the university professors

By Diana I S

Feb 10, 2017

I don't find the feedback from other students helpful, but I love the work I've done in this course.

By Matveev A G

Jun 26, 2020

It was an amazing experience to be learning with ASU! Thank you for helping me grow professionally!

By Anna G

Oct 03, 2018

It was great experience! Thanks all peers who have reviewd my works and given me kind feedbacks! ))

By Kenty D

Jul 10, 2020

Great course! It really brings food for thought!

It was hard work but I enjoyed every piece of it.

By Kazuko H

Nov 26, 2018

Great project!! You will have great opportunity to be a great teacher when you finish the course.