Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

Jun 26, 2021

This course has made teaching super easy for me. It is a platform where I got a planned structure which gave my teaching a boost . I never thought making a lesson plan would be this much easier.

101 - 125 of 497 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By josefina t r

Mar 29, 2017

It is a very good work of the proffesors and the mentors. Thanks very much to them and the University for making possible to access these important courses.

By Fan W

Dec 15, 2019

It is a really helpful course! Although it was difficult to complete. You have to create your own teaching philosophy, teaching plans and teaching videos.

By Rybakova O A

Jun 6, 2021

This course gave me a lot of experience and extend my knowledge and understanding of teaching style. I am happy to have the opportunity to study in ASU!

By Maria B F T

Jan 13, 2021

It was a lot of work but it was worth it. I feel like I have gotten a better grasp of what being a teacher is and I feel more capable to do lesson plans

By Roberto R

Aug 1, 2020

Top of the line program. I can't wait to take the final capstone. You learn a lot. I have been teaching for 15 years and there is nothing like this.

By Qingqing H

Feb 17, 2021

We are picking up the teaching strategies from those fabulous professors as they used these teaching strategies on us, the students. What an adventure!

By Ismail m

Apr 13, 2021

I needed a challenge and this course provided me with one, and thanks to that, I'm now ready more than ever to put into work what I've learned so far.

By Orkhan J

Sep 3, 2020

All the courses from the beginning including Capstone Project 1 were exactly perfect and helped me a lot to improve my learning and teaching skills!!!

By Александр К

Mar 11, 2021

Hard work has paid off as I learned more about making lesson plans and general lesson structure. The feedback from the peers has helped me immensely.

By 1131753391@qq.com

Oct 27, 2020

This is a very useful course, with a scientific and interesting method. I totally agree with its teaching approach and learned a lot from each step.

By Nurjarkyn S

May 7, 2021

The course was wonderful. I have seen how other teachers have their lessons and learned to make a week-plan. Thank you to everyone who has made it!

By Aynur M

Sep 11, 2020

I thank to you a lot for your attention. I am so happy for joining this course and getting these certificates.Now I look forward to get subdiploma.

By Charlotta S R

Jan 29, 2017

I loved this specialization, it allows you to create a portfolio of work to show a potential employer while teaching you what and how to do it .

Nov 21, 2020

I have learned a lot of information from this course. Thanks to all the instructors for everything and I am grateful to them. Thanks Coursera.

By Ibragimova N K

Nov 11, 2020

Thank you all trainers who worked hard on organization of wonderful courses like that! That course refreshed my knowledge and experiences!!!!

By Olena I

Oct 15, 2020

I would like to say big thanks to all teachers who made this course in such an interesting and easy way! Well done to veryone and keep it up!

By Miguel Á G Á

Mar 28, 2017

What a great way to finish the first part of the TESOL diploma! Nothing like an extremely complete course to wrap those prior three courses.

By Angeliki A

Nov 8, 2016

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach English or who wants to polish up their teaching skills. Well structured course.

By Hend M

Jul 6, 2020

I have learned a lot in this course. It was fun to share your lesson plan while training to do it perfectly. Thanks a lot for your effort

By PAUL A M

Jan 14, 2021

This course is very rigorous and it takes a sheer amount of motivation and dedication to finish it. Thanks so much for this opportunity.

By Javed I H

Oct 5, 2019

This course has led me to seek teaching strategies on a wider scale. A phenomenal experience in learning new skills of teaching English.

By Mouhannad I A

Dec 30, 2018

One of the best online courses all around the world. Best teachers and high quality content.

Thank you very much for this beautiful work.

By Benjamin G

Feb 25, 2017

great capstone to the course. Very clever and efficient way to incorporate the necessary hours of class observation in an online format!

By Aya-tulRahman W G

Sep 28, 2017

Excellent course!

I am grateful that you are giving us the opportunity and guidance to create our own professional teaching portfolio :)

By Andrea A

Nov 28, 2019

A great challenge to put to use all that was learned.

Having to do a video was a super way to view how the teaching can be perceived.