Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1, Arizona State University

About this Course

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)

By DA

Mar 14, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

By AS

Jan 26, 2017

This course is a butt-kicker, but well worth the time spent. It forced me to get the hard stuff over with, and the feedback on got on my mini teaching demonstration was beyond helpful.

230 Reviews

By Francine Faria Garuffe

Mar 21, 2019

very good, I recommend

By Nyaradzo Patience Mundeta

Mar 14, 2019

Hard but worth it! I enjoyed the challenge

By Paula Rodriguez

Mar 12, 2019

The best course, really hard but it worth it!

By heather maillet

Mar 09, 2019

This is an amazing course!!! the teachers are fantastic. The material is broken down in simple bits. All achievable!

By Sophia Boller Caballero

Mar 06, 2019

Very useful!

By Keishia Sheffield

Mar 05, 2019

Great course! I found it challenging and it helped me think about my purpose and why I am in the course. It also challenged me with constructing a daily and weekly lesson plan, which is important to have.

By La Yeunmi

Mar 04, 2019

I am very happy to know this course

By Bridget Manley

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent course materials! This capstone was a great way to apply everything I learned in Part I of Teach English Now.

By Imam Ali Safari

Feb 22, 2019

I love this course it was great but alot of challenges

By Mishkat Al Moumin