Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

250 reviews

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)

DA

Mar 14, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

AS

Jan 26, 2017

This course is a butt-kicker, but well worth the time spent. It forced me to get the hard stuff over with, and the feedback on got on my mini teaching demonstration was beyond helpful.

1 - 25 of 239 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Patricia V

May 17, 2018

Would like a step-by-step video on how to do the Capstone. Tips and Tricks.

By Helena S d P

Dec 13, 2018

Great course. Just remember you will probably need additional ESL books to work from for further examples. The course provides only basic ones.

By Madhumeeta M S

Oct 24, 2018

I am fortunate that i have got this course. Thanks a ton

By Sigfried T

Jul 31, 2018

The switch from watching videos and doing short assignments, to mostly readings and longer assignments took me by surprise. It's definitely good experience, but I thought it could come with a bit more instruction, or lings to further areas of study for students.

By Nastya

Sep 04, 2017

An opportunity of teacher observation is great! This enriches experience and allows to get a fresh look at your own methods.

But unfortunately, when you don't have materials for the class you're observing, it is hard sometimes to understand this or that exercise. I think attachements with materials for each teacher observation (scanned pages from the textbook) are gonna make the course even greater!

By Dr. Z A J

Aug 05, 2017

I learned much from the course, for example, how to improve on my teaching philosophy. I updated my teaching philosophy, and used it in my CV. I like the steps for creating and executing a lesson plan. It was a lot of work, but there was a lot of learning activities and authentic activities to foster my learning. I used what I learned in the course to teach Nursing Assistant students in a Job Training program where I substitute teach. The students were active participants in a guided practice about Elder Speak and the discussion help the students as well as the teacher to identify Elder Speak and not to use it when communicating with anyone. I like doing the Capstone video although I had problems with the audio, then I had upgraded to a new handy Camera and the files were in HD, which made my video editing software obsolete, therefore, I did a major upgrade on video editing software and file converting software. I was reminded that there are technology changes happening frequently in the PC-Computer industry. I felt good about the class, the learning and the ability to effectively practice teaching. I look forward to Part 2 of the Teach English Now program.

Dr. Zenobia A. James

By David R B

Oct 09, 2016

Absolutely exceptional and filled with tangible products that you can immediately use in building a credible portfolio/resume. It was a good bit of work but entirely worthwhile.

By Rafael D

Jun 25, 2016

The Capstone helped me to incorporate all the techniques absorbed in the previous three courses into my teaching technique. Doubtless, there are hundreds of aspects and peculiarities to master, but I did enhance my overall teaching mastery, having completed the Capstone.

Verdict: Highly Recommended:)

Best regards,

Rafael Daulet

ESL Teacher

By Reesa D J

May 29, 2019

Everyone, regardless of profession, should take these courses; my presentation skills are on a totally better level now that I've gone through these classes!! Seriously one of the best educational experiences of my life!! I recommend these courses to anyone who would like to learn how to be a better educator or a better human:) Not only are these classes educational, but they are also incredibly fun!!

By Konstantin U

May 28, 2019

I love these courses from ASU. A lot of thought and care has been put into creating them, and this is palpable.

By Jennifer B

May 16, 2019

Great course! Very practical and useful for actual teaching.

By Tara D

May 01, 2019

Extraordinary experience learning with exceptional classmates and wise teachers!!!

By Sanan H

Apr 12, 2019

perfect

By Rafia A

Mar 31, 2019

very useful

By JENNIFER O

Mar 30, 2019

This course is so dynamic and easy to learn. Kudos to the team of ASU Teach English Now! More power to your endeavors.

I have recommended this course to friends who are Interested to have a TESOL certificate and two has already enrolled in the class.

By Emilia K

Mar 25, 2019

This course shows how teaching looks like in real world. Really hands on.

By MAURICIO C T

Mar 23, 2019

Fantastic the content offered on this course. I have been learning much much much more. The Capstone is the opportuniti to go deepen on the subject. Son There we will go! Thank you all that make it come true.

By Francine F G

Mar 21, 2019

very good, I recommend

By Nyaradzo P M

Mar 14, 2019

Hard but worth it! I enjoyed the challenge

By Paula R

Mar 12, 2019

The best course, really hard but it worth it!

By heather m

Mar 09, 2019

This is an amazing course!!! the teachers are fantastic. The material is broken down in simple bits. All achievable!

By Sophia B C

Mar 06, 2019

Very useful!

By Keishia S

Mar 05, 2019

Great course! I found it challenging and it helped me think about my purpose and why I am in the course. It also challenged me with constructing a daily and weekly lesson plan, which is important to have.

By La Y

Mar 04, 2019

I am very happy to know this course

By Bridget M

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent course materials! This capstone was a great way to apply everything I learned in Part I of Teach English Now.