Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

JP
Apr 26, 2020

Great course for beginners and experts. Easy to understand and a good refresher for those who have been into IT for a long date. Recommend it to everyone looking for a high quality course on coursera.

RB
Feb 19, 2021

This was an excellent course even for a novice in IT. The only thing that I would add is a glossary of terms so that they could be readily accessed during the course-----so many terms, so little time.

251 - 275 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Abau R

Sep 22, 2020

This course has thought me a lot of things I didn't know about. From what I can see it will give you a really good start in your IT foundation as an IT Support for any organization you are working for. One more thing about this course, the course is titled google it support PROFESSIONAL, and the name actually matches it, you will be and feel like a professional after completing it. I would definitely get my GF and younger siblings after me to have a look at this course. Why?

BECAUSE IT IS TOATALLY WORTH IT.

By Darin N

Jan 16, 2020

For what is being taught in that amount of time I think it was well structured, You guys have the most personable instructors I have ever seen they come across as human beings and not the computers we are learning about. The only thing I had a problem with was there were some mistakes in the video's that where made you put it in clear text that a mistake was made but didn't edit the video, I can only guess that you guys were on a quota for when this had to be published so I didn't count that into my rating.

By Roberto A

Feb 6, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. The material was offered in a very basic, easy to follow, and organized manner. The lessons were very straightforward and in sequential order where the next lesson built upon the previous. The instructors were very easy to understand and added some feeling and humor to their teachings. The analogies that were used to explain the more complex topics were very helpful. The colorful backgrounds and settings offered a vivid atmosphere that did not let the video be boring and dull.

By Juan V

Mar 9, 2021

A simple, intuitive, interactive, & entertaining course full of the basics, foundations, and fundamentals of an Information Technology role. This course can help anyone who just wants a deeper understanding of technology, or even just wants to learn how to diagnose problems and how to approach them. As someone who is self-taught, this course delivers the learning material in a way that is easy to understand no matter your previous experience. Great for beginners who want to go into Information Technology!

By M E

Jul 5, 2020

The MOOC is a different way of learning, definitely not for everyone, but it gives a great experience if you have the passion to learn new things or refresh. This course of fundament of the IT Support, I find it Provides significant knowledge and insights in an interactive, fun and interesting way. From this MOOC I'm now really different by definitely most of the best professionals. And in terms of knowledge transmission! Fantastic experience from beginning to end.

Big Thanks to Google and the whole team!

By Mai L

Feb 10, 2020

This course is great even for someone who is self-taught and thinks they know a lot already. I've never used Linux properly so this course made it easy to engage with the Linux interface. Learning binary was something that was never taught to me and I never looked it up. Overall, I felt this excited energy discovering the "secret" of how computers work more in-depth. And it's not even a secret. Just introductory computing knowledge that is more engaging to learn when you've been using it for so long.

By Darik C

Sep 26, 2020

This was among if not the best intro courses I have experienced in any of the Coursera specializations I have taken. It treats the student like a complete beginner to the material and uses many instructors whom can bridge a connection to any backgrounds that the students are coming from. Take notes on paper to work on any tough content is my suggestion as you can research it yourself for a better understanding. I highly recommend this course and the IT certification specialization which it is a part of.

By Buddy E O

Feb 27, 2019

I have been working persona;;y since I was in High School and progress through the year upto now, started out with the Apple II computer, and then landed on the IBM Computer now know as the PC as well through 8088 CPU, 286, 386, 486 CPU, etc. As well assembly of computers. also worked with the Windows OS, and the Linux OS, but fell in love with the Linux OS Especially the Debian version. So I already have the knowledge, just reinforcing my knowledge with anything I need to know, Especially the IT World.

By Jeannine P

Aug 22, 2020

Very good introduction to the world of IT and the role of an IT Technical Customer Support Analyst.

The videos were fun, engaging and covered the material clearly and concisely. The links to supporting materials and additional information were definitely worth reading. I liked the hands-on exercises. They gave me an opportunity to put into practice the information presented. The pop quizzes and end of lecture quizzes were useful too. They helped keep me on track and made me stay focused on the material.

By Caroline V

First off yay me I graduated! I found the course layout put together beautifully. With abundant of resources. Teachers are wonderful. I also found this course to be challenging, which I truly enjoyed. Leaving feeling super confident in my abilities in the IT field. Definitely recommend if your looking to get in this field, or jazz up your resume with recognized Tech. skills certificate from Google. Sincerely thank you for this opportunity. I am truly grateful, & so enjoyed your course.

p.s. google rocks

By Joseph B

Nov 23, 2019

I was attending community college to obtain a degree in Information Technology but dropped out because the info was so outdated and the professors were pigheaded about instituting changes to keep up with the ever-changing field of IT. This course taught me industry best practices without all the fluff secondary education requires you waste your time with. The course was intuitive and engaging and made me want to come back to learn more. I can't wait to finish the rest of the courses in this certificate.

By Emmanuel O O J

Jan 1, 2020

This course felt like more of an encouragement course. You learned the very basics of IT. Things I believe that most people already know. There were a lot of things, however, that were completely new. But the thing I took away from it most was the encouraging messages and the different backgrounds that everyone that taught the course had. The overall message in this course is "You can do it" and having that keeps you motivated and excited to move forward.

That being said: I'm excited to the course!!!

By Robert R

Feb 23, 2021

This course was seriously life changing. I did not expect that it would change my life in the way it did. This course has really helped me put perspective on the I.T. world and just how impactful it is to my every day life to my business life. I'm extremely satisfied with this course and a huge thank you to the great people at Google and Coursera for providing this course. For someone who had no background with anything in I.T. this course was easy to follow from beginning to end. Again, thank you!

By Kel M

Dec 13, 2020

Very well thought out. Information is presented in a way that many people can learn from. I'm a mixed style learner, so I thoroughly enjoy people teaching who are enthusiastic about their subject matter. The diagrams, graphic arts, models, and other visual content were extremely helpful in seeing the words put into action. Having the labs to practice the topics learned was an amazing thing. This course is really top-notch. I look forward to completing the entire IT Support Professional Certificate.

By Jason D

Aug 22, 2020

I would like to say that this course was amazing. I am currently a student at a 4 year college and I already have my Associates in Computer Science. I never really knew what to expect from the world of IT as I was working more on the Software side of things. Troubleshooting is a great skill that I have picked up from the past with fixing my Moms computer and rebooting up her OS using a USB software called Rufus. I have a passion for this field and I can't wait to learn more about IT. I'm excited.

By Henri H

Nov 14, 2020

The contents covered are extensive and remarkable. As this course is for beginners, there are areas that could be challenging for us. I appreciate that the course creators took the effort to explain those concepts in a manner as concise and simple as possible. Throughout the course, I did not feel that I am 'too foolish' to understand, but being taught by the different experts in Google empowered me and increased my confidence. I look forward to learning in the next courses. Thank you Google!

By D L

Sep 2, 2020

I think this was an excellent course. Many of the courses I've seen have been rather dry and technical, but the format of this program helped me to keep engaged and many of the speakers spoke with clarity while engaging the user. Even ground I was familiar with was brought up with interesting graphics that helped with general overview and seeing where that information fits in the overall scope of IT, so it never felt that familiar ground was old hat. Thank you for the creation of this course.

By AMIT Y

Sep 20, 2019

Wonderful i have never ever learnt things in such a manner. The teachers are wonderful and make things understand in a very clear cut manner. I really loved this course a lot. It is wonderful and everyone should know the fundamentals of Information technology. Probably every one should take this course and all of the people will be benefited by this courser. once again a lots of thanks to coursera and Google for providing such an expert tutorials on computers , operating systems , networks.

By Beatriz J

May 3, 2020

I thank God for this course. The simulations really helpful and all the staffs in Google and Coursera are always there to you to guide in every step and whatever it takes. I am not doing quickly and efficient, but my hearts telling me not to give up to try and try to concentrate. The electrical signals on my brain pop up out to the Google iCloud. It is fun and amazing. What a wonderful experience I have in this IT Certificate Program at Coursera. Thank you so much! My best is yet to come!

By Shirley J R

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, because I not only able to re-familiarize myself with concepts I already knew; such as computer hardware, but I was able to learn about new things, such as Binary, computer languages, and connecting remotely to another computer (or virtual machine), using either Remote Desktop connection for Windows, or Putty for Linux systems, which was really cool. I'm definitely looking forward to obtaining all 6 certificates, and obtaining a CompTIA certification as well.

By Kiruthik P J

Apr 30, 2020

This Course is excellent for those who are interested in the field of IT, and for those who want to know whats happening in your computer. It gives insight on how the IT world is, what they do, what they require and how they do. The Course Instructors are really good in their domain and have neatly explained the topics. I would recommend you to take this course if you are even have little interest in computers. I assure you , it would be a wonderful experience learning from this course.

By Aram F B

Nov 3, 2019

Great entry level course! It's perfect for anyone who has minimal understanding of IT to help build or re-enforce a baseline understanding of the field and it's sub-fields. After giving you a working understanding of the concepts in IT, it coaches you on how to approach the user and engage them in a friendly and respectful manner. The exercises in the course have detailed instructions that are easy to follow along with and start at the most basic level. Highly recommended for beginners!

By Andrew A G

Jul 13, 2018

Informative, and I liked the pace. Straight forward, and inviting. In past experiences where I've tried to teach myself through my own resources, the overall tone in open forums seems to be a little hypercritical if not rude. I often find myself frustrated when trying to ask direct questions about some material. Starting from the bottom, I feel like I now have a better understanding of my skill level is. On a personal note, I feel optimistic about the other courses I will soon study.

By Gretchen A

Mar 8, 2018

I went to college over 25 years ago, and this was my first online course in this format, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but am pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it so much. The people teaching did a good job of explaining the material, and the graphic illustrations were very helpful. I had a little trouble getting used to some things like the virtual machine, but struggling with it was a helpful learning process too. I am now taking the networking course in the Google series.

By Okorie C O

Nov 7, 2020

Really this is a very nice course for beginners in IT. The course is too standard and i rate it very high for people with zero experience in IT and even people who already have experience. You must see a new thing to learn from this course. I really enjoy this course. I appreciate Google for making a wonderful course like this and thereby giving me this great opportunity to learn. The instructors are all beautiful and handsome people. Especially Kevin and Cindy. I love you all!!!!