Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

YC

Great course for beginners and experts. Easy to understand and a good refresher for those who have been into IT for a long date. Recommend it to everyone looking for a high quality course on coursera.

TM
Apr 16, 2020

Amazing introductory course, well structured and well presented with exercises and hands on labs. If you're looking to learn the fundamentals of computing, this is a great place to start your journey.

176 - 200 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Lizah E

Apr 7, 2021

This course is a great starting point for anyone interested or questioning whether they should enter the IT field. Each week explores a different part of how computers work and the information, while keeping things basic enough, goes in depth to help you decide where your strengths and weaknesses are. While I liked learning about networking, I found myself drawn more to software and then even more to the hardware. I think the most fun I'd have would be messing around with the body of the computer to find any issues or upgrade and old equipment. I feel like this course should be a normal part of the curriculum in the school system as society moves forward in a world with technology that is expanding in everyday life.

By Michael S G G

Aug 26, 2020

Fácil, práctico, útil y completamente inspirador. Empecé el curso con unas expectativas altas pero lo he terminado con unas aún mayores, aprendí de manera práctica y los tutores fueron increíbles para hacer simple lo difícil, por supuesto agradezco a la Universidad Nacional por permitirme hacer este curso, y permitirme crecer profesional y laboralmente.

Easy, practical, useful and completely inspiring. I started the course with high expectations but I finished it with even higher ones, I learned in a practical way and the tutors were amazing to make simple the difficult, of course I thank the National University for allowing me to do this course, and allow me to grow professionally and professionally.

By Ronald L S

Aug 16, 2020

I really appreciate the opportunity that Google has given to me and I am very pleased with the learning material that was provided in several formats,which allowed me to better and easy understand the topics related to the Technical support related mainly to computing equipment and the information required to be a sucessfull technician.I highly recommend to any person from any country to take and complete this course and enjoy the professional material that is presented by the top professional who work for Google in different departments and roles within the corporation,thanks a lot for giving me the chance to learn and I hope to be able to get a job in the I.T department of any company.

By Mahmoud S G

Aug 15, 2020

I took Technical Support Fundamentals.

By Maureen V

Mar 15, 2018

This is a comprehensive course that doesn't assume anything, and as such is learning-accessible to the entire spectrum of potential students. If a person already has knowledge of some of the material presented, this highly organized course will fill in the gaps in a logical and engaging manner. If one were a true beginner (as am I), this course encourages the student through the curriculum, building on knowledge and tasks as it progresses and helping to dispel any lurking insecurity about learning IT Support with each step forward.

It is a task-based model which considers mastery of the subject the desired outcome, rather than an old-school grading system.

I highly recommend this course.

By Carlos A G

Jan 26, 2021

In my case, this course offered a refresher for my personal knowledgebase. The course was very well-laid-out and provided a good source of information on the Technical Resume and Interview. Thank you for that! Overall, I enjoyed the entire course; especially the Networking and Software modules. Qwiklabs offered a great opportunity for me to begin learning and exploring OS environments that I'm not completely familiar with. Finally, as a former Customer Service Manager, I thoroughly appreciate the tips and guidelines included in this course. I am definitely looking forward to taking the next course in the IT Support Professional Certificate. As a matter of fact, I'm starting right now!

By Frederick C

Oct 7, 2020

This program gave me a better understanding of how IT works from building a computer from scratch to understanding how the internet and the world web allows us to enjoy the benefits of technology. I have always been the closet to being an IT tech where I work and have always found myself to having an aptitude for this material. It was just time for me to take the next leap as a Gen Xer. I guess old dogs can really learn new tricks and use that knowledge to benefit others around me as well as myself. If you just want to see if you can do this then I strongly encourage you do so - no matter where you find yourself on your life path. Just fucking do it - you'll thank yourself later.

By Hailey G

Oct 30, 2018

I really enjoyed the different learning styles that were used through out the course. It was very hands on but at the same time I was able to do the course at my own pace. I did notice a couple bugs and errors with typo's and compatibility issues but i image as the course grows they will be worked out. Nothing sever. I would change the personal bio videos as being a requirement of the course. Although I do find them beneficial, I might suggest creating instructor profiles then put an option on the home page to go to their profile and learn about them. This could even come as a "Suggest Reading" . I was very engaged through out the course and am looking forward to the next one.

By Amos A

Jan 14, 2021

It was an exceptional course, despite my struggle with two particular courses. However, with the assistance of support I was able to complete this course. I pushed my self hard to finish with in a week. Grading myself as an intermediate user. However, patience and asking for help was needed. Not so proud of that though. I work for Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services as an Intake Reviewer. My hopes of a career change into IT with them. I have taken one or two courses in college i.e. data infrastructure (communications, software and other courses. However, without no real experience working on computers, I do not if I will be able to secure a transfer to IT.

By Syed F A

Aug 17, 2020

The overall course was quite impressive and you will came to know all about the basic of the computer from its hardware to networking what sort of operating systems are currently being used and what other have been using and why so. The course is up dated while I see others still teaching about the floppy disk yet no new information is being delivered. Over all you may came also perform the basic task that usually mostly don't provide or has the outdated Pc etc. The experience was quite good and the instructor were also quite impressive and the overall course was amazing. if anyone of you are willing to pursue career in computer's should have go through it first. THANK YOU

By Philip A

Aug 23, 2018

It is so marvellous to realise how capable I could be when I am being taught by trailblazers like Googlers themselves. The exercises are very helpful and they help me to stay alert and challenge my thinking about technology. I am very sure I am going to work hard to complete the course in the shortest time as possible. I cannot wait to recommend this program to my friends and family. Thank you, Google, very much for exposing or unearthing my technological talent because I never anticipated I could come to this far considering my background in technology. The courses are very insightful. I like the way Google has simplified complex tasks to the level of a novice like me.

By Navaira F

Mar 19, 2020

I took this course as a beginning to my IT career and also because it is a requirement for my program. This course was very helpful, as coming from a non-IT background, I had no knowledge about technology but because of the simplicity of content in this course, it excelled my basic knowledge about computers and networking. I loved everything about this course, the content was easy to understand and the instructors just perfectly explained every topic in words that could be understood by someone like me with no IT background. I would like to thank everyone who was a part of this amazing course because of great instructors like you, students like me can learn everyday.

By Faezeh J

Apr 26, 2020

First and foremost, I would like to thank Google and Coursera for providing such a wonderful learning opportunity. I really enjoyed learning from the best of the best. These overview lessons were thoughtfully designed to engage learners and keep us motivated. I've never been so eager to learn about computers and how the Internet and every aspect of it works before. The most interesting part of this course for me was working in virtual machine and learning about remote access. I had a great experience getting help and learning from Google IT specialists when I needed it. I appreciate it and truly look forward to learning more details about IT automation and security.

By Gijs O

Mar 24, 2021

Many thanks to the teachers, who explained key principles in a clear and accessible way. I appreciated their knowledge, experience, enthusiasm, and encouragement. Thanks to Coursera for providing this user-friendly learning platform. Via regular assessments, I could apply principles I had learned and consolidate my understanding. Help Center staff responded to queries promptly and were friendly and supportive. The knowledge I gained from these courses has boosted my confidence and will serve as a foundation for further reading and practice. I would not hesitate to recommend this certificate programme to anyone wanting to develop their IT and IT support knowledge.

By TYLER S

Feb 25, 2020

This course has really been a surprise! I saw an add for the course come up on instagram one day and thought maybe it was something worth looking at. I didn't finish college and I've always been good with electronics so I figured it was worth a shot, and it was! I learned a lot about computer networking, software instillation and much more all within a 6 week time frame. There is a ton of learning that goes into IT and the time spent in this course gave a good look into that, but also showed that it isn't impossible to learn. I would highly recommend this to anyone who was interested in dipping their toe into the IT field, plus you earn a certificate at the end!

By TechGal M

Feb 19, 2018

I enjoyed this course. I have been in the IT industry for years I was able to pick up some valuable information. I think the key to being successful in this course series is having an open mind and accepting that there is more than one right way to do things. While some questions lack detail and are open to interpretation, being mindful of the instructor and the information they specifically cover helps narrow down what they are looking for you to get out of the program. If you are attempting to test out, it may be necessary to watch a handful of videos to ace the quizzes. I've just begun series 2 week 2 of this 6 part course and I recommend you to keep going!

By Daryll D V

Jun 21, 2020

It tackled the necessary fundamental knowledge for pursing an IT career. I have been working in the industry for 6 years in a non-English company. It was really refreshing to review these important fundamentals of IT in English. I've been learning through company trainings and self-experiences in a system engineer role but learning the actual terms and techniques behind those experiences gave me a better understanding of what I know and do not know. One of the best aspects of this course was that they used real scenarios that occur in the work environment with their given examples. Looking forward to learning more in the next courses included in the series!

By Thomas J M

Jan 17, 2020

So far I love this course. Very thankful they put it together and offer at an affordable price. It seems to go pretty deep eventually after looking at all the course content. It is all very well put together and ready for anyone to dive in. All the instructors do a great job and help make the learning process flow better IMO. Turns out when it come to IT everything pertaining to computer science in involved. I know I need to catch up with the time LMAO. What I mean by that is if you feel a passion for computer science at all the DUH IT is the real thing! Even programming, coding, security etc etc etc. I appreciate the time and effort of those who made this.

By Larry H

Feb 17, 2020

As I began this course I started to realize that this is my calling. I've always had my hand in IT related things from the automotive and manufacturing industry and it showed by the way I breezed through this course without skipping a beat. I wasn't a challenge but it was cool to go through a few extra steps to setup a VM since I am currently on apple products for the quizzes that involved performing tasks on Windows and Linux OS's. I didn't try to rush at all and I was able to complete this 6 week course in a about a week with minimal IT skills. This certificate is well worth going through for anyone looking to get their foot in the door with IT.

By 121910317061 g

Sep 24, 2020

It was a great introduction to the four courses that are subsequent to this in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate course. It explained at a high level what computer networking is in the world of IT, what operating systems will be covered, infrastructure for a company and an introduction to cyber security concepts. It explains why these are important for an IT specialist to know.If you are new to IT, this is just the right level to ease you into IT. If you are from an IT or software background, you will probably find the content is very familiar and can speed watch the videos or move straight onto the next course in the specialization.

By MOHAMED J

Nov 23, 2020

The course benefit in my career as my current role as IT Manager covers multiple areas including: System Administration (Active Directory, Linux Administration, Server/Client Management and Configuration. Handling HP, Dell servers). Technical Overall support (Support to departments like Business Departments to achieve their goals)

A part from my role, I’m thinking to leverage career by learning stuffs like Cyber Security, Scripting, Web Development, Cloud Computing and Software Defined Networking.

So I strongly believe, following a course like this will benefit to my career significantly. I would be grateful if I could get through this.

By Neo S M

Oct 10, 2019

Having to do this course helped me a lot. I now have the Adhoc fundamental skills to grow my business both in tech support and customer service aspects.

I enjoyed learning about remote support possibilities and working on virtual machines. That was pretty awesome.

I struggled a bit with connecting to the Linux VM, however, tends out I had to use another different network.

And, lastly, I am really looking forward to the next course.

Thank you so much for funding me. I really appreciate it. If I could find you who have approved my application, I would buy you coffee - as a token of appreciation. Thank you so much. Looking forward to the next course.

By Raul R

Aug 31, 2020

This is a very good starter course to begin with, though like it says multiple times within the course that your always expected to be a self-learner. This course does not cover everything that you need to know but it gives you a very good start on where to look to start. It still requires your time to do your own research on parts that you most likely won't be able to comprehend with such a short video. I spent a lot of time outside of the course doing research to gain a better understanding of the course material. Overall I enjoyed the way this course was presented, it have had more visual presentations than death by power point.

By Chanchal B

great stepping stone to encourage you to learn more in this industry. all my life i have struggled in school and after High school graduation struggled again to focus in community college resulting in giving up my education and just making money in restaurant field. This is the first time i feel i have accomplished something. The lessons that have been provided don't directly go into extreme technicality which can discourage a person like me to shut down. I really appreciate the info they give you to understand the basic topic in the most simple way and i believe this is the type of education is needed for a lot of people like me.

By Aditya A

Feb 27, 2020

I was an awesome experience to learn with you guys. I really find myself lucky to be a part of the program and this course. Thanks to all the mentors for all the knowledge and thanks to Coursera team for such an awesome platform and thanks to Google for launching this program for all the people who have keen desire to learn about technologies but don't have much resources to get to a good college or a university. I know this is just a glimpse of IT knowledge but it can't be ignored because it's the foundation for what I will be tomorrow. Thanks again to all of you. I don,t not enough words anymore to describe my feelings.