Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Technical Support Fundamentals by Google

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works ● assemble a computer from scratch ● choose and install an operating system on a computer ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting...

JB
Aug 3, 2020

I enjoyed all the presenters of the videos, they really took their time to get me involved and explained all the content clearly. I also enjoyed the videos that talked about current and future trends.

CR
Jul 18, 2020

This is such a wonderful course that I had ever. Especially that role plays in week-6 about customer service is pretty awesome. Thank you google for making us knowledgeable and enjoyable both at time.

201 - 225 of 10,000 Reviews for Technical Support Fundamentals

By Amelia H C

Sep 12, 2020

I've been stuck in a rut lately. Haven't been able to find work relevant to my degree. Lots of jobs saying things like "HS diploma or GED" and then requiring 3-4 years in the field and here I was, being told that a degree would get me into those jobs and accounted for my "experience."

Well, all I can say is that this program has provided an amazing opportunity. It's a fantastic and affordable way to get certified in a new field and potentially enter a new line of work and earn new qualifications. I am so thankful that this program has been made available to me and people like me.

By Samuel K

Apr 10, 2020

I'm so proud of myself to reach this peak. Little did I know about IT all along working as an Accountant and Economist. My passion for IT grown when I first decided to pursue a career in Project Management. Now I'm super glad to have completed this resourceful course taught by brilliant IT professionals. To say the cost is far less than value received, is an understatement. No better place to be during this COVID-19 quarantine time than here. Now I look forward to applying and honing this skills in one of the best IT Institutions soon. I'm confident, grateful and super excited!

By Anthony O

Dec 5, 2019

Employees at Google who have worked in IT for several years are teaching the class. This makes it feel like this class will really be worth the money I am spending and worth my time to listen to these instructors. I can only hope that such a certificate will be useful, because I have not received it, nor have I gone out for an IT position in the field. But I am exploring my possibilities with IT, and I believe this class is an excellent place to start. It teaches not only about the hardware involved with many problems you may encounter in the field, but also how it works.

By Nasratullah K

May 2, 2018

I take this chance to thanks both Google and Coursera so much for offering this great opportunity for those who are in the IT Field or interested in IT because it's a great source for online learning that will grow and improve the IT People with hands on experience, practical with scenarios, teach you the new technology and its usage. That's impressive and I really appreciate Google Team and Coursera Team for their hard work and methodology and I highly recommend it for everyone and will encourage everyone to join to get benefit from these online training facilities.

By Kyler W

Sep 20, 2019

This course really helped me to learn more about how the internet works and also how networks are just a bunch of computers connected to other computers and those computers connected to computers through routers and modems and switches that help you navigate smoothly in your network. I also learned key points to IT support including effectively asking questions and problem solving i recommend this class before going to a collage I'm currently in collage as well as working on this certificate this is a cheaper option if you find a course you would like to learn about

By Jackson S

Jan 27, 2018

Excellent introduction to IT and IT support! As an IT professional this primer left me walking away with things I didn't know, which was honestly a welcome surprise! I appreciate the focus on practical, applicable, knowledge rather than focusing on memorizing every peripheral developed between 1990 and today. Instructors are relatable, enthusiastic, and thorough. Every teacher featured does an excellent job of breaking down complex information into understandable terms--like to the point one's grandparent or small child could understand--which is extremely helpful.

By Chris P

Dec 27, 2020

I believe this course is perfectly set up for someone who has beginner to zero knowledge of IT technical support skill or background. Myself, I picked up very useful resources to explore further and found value in the content of this course. I have already recommended this course to others, even those who already have this knowledge but to achieve a certificate anyhow. Thank you for designing this course and offering them.... I am working forwards on learning more in the diverse field and seriously considering a computer science degree going forwards.

C. Peters

By Stevie J

Dec 13, 2020

This is the first online course I ever made it completely through. Google did a great job with the selection of their instructors. They also did a fantastic job working with qwiklabs to develop easy-to-use and accessible tools to simulate real-world issues virtually. I really enjoyed this course and the entire thing took me about a week to finish committing about 3 hours a night and my weekends. If you're a technical person this should come pretty easy and if you're not Google does a really good job explaining the fundamentals of IT and how to put them to use.

By Nathan W

Feb 27, 2019

I am currently a full-time student studying Information Systems in a Bachelor's program while working part-time as an IT intern. As someone who just completed their A+ certification, this material was somewhat simple, but (and it's a big "but"), I have absolutely loved this coursework. The material is presented in a friendly and digestible manner that would be approachable for any IT novice.

My favorite by far was the class in Troubleshooting and Customer Service. I learned a great deal and appreciated the role playing and scenario-driven style of the material.

By Adrian A

Jun 11, 2020

This was a very well constructed intro course into the IT world. I was a bit skeptically about online classes as I have never attempted one before. I thought I would be easily distracted and even messy considering I have never been a great note taker. The videos, the captions, the ability to save notes/sections of video by simply following along and clicking a particular area is PHENOMENAL! The hands on training and being in the comfort of your own home, and seeing RD in action is wild. I'm definitely interested and super eager to continuing to learn more!

By Matthew B

Dec 16, 2018

This is an absolutely outstanding course! The material is explained well enough that most anyone, regardless of your technical background, will understand it. Equally as important it's much more than some basic 'Intro to Computers' type course. When a friend told me about it I was hesitant as I have a decent technical background already (certifications in everything from Deep Learning to Blockchain to CompTIA Security+). However, I filled in quite a few knowledge gaps as well as learned topics I was completely unaware of. All in all... highly recommended!

By Maciej K

Sep 7, 2019

In general it was great :)

I just wish it was a little bit more challenging as far as the Quizes and Tests are concerned. I unerstand that this is the first step, the 'fundamentals' but still I think there should be a little bit more motivational stress when I click on 'start test'. 30min that are given for the tests and I think I have never exceeded 3 minutes. Also there would be nice if there were more little 'test pages' that pop-up during the videos, this makes me a little bit more focused on the content.

But all in all it was great, thanks a lot :)

By Walter G

Sep 5, 2020

It was fairly easy to understand and when you don't understand something you can use the Discussion forum; as someone might already have had the same issue/question as you. They encourage you to get into the state of thinking for yourself and learn not because you'll be graded but to further your understanding of the related subject. That's honestly probably the most important thing you can take with you from this course, learning tech support is just an added bonus. It was pretty user interactive as well which makes learning easier and a bit more fun.

By illych R

Oct 27, 2020

Do not let the lonely 1 start review dissuade you from continuing to pursue this pathway to a career change. The first installment of this 5 part course is meant to slowly introduce you to the world of tech and its specialized technical language. It is easy or hard, depending on your background and exposure to computers. The second part starts to get a little more technical and it slowly continues to become more intricate. It will eventually demand a little more thought process from you, so get excited and start to change that career of yours TODAY!

By Wm. T W

Nov 9, 2020

A really nice overview of IT support fundamentals. I approached this process with some trepidation since I do not really think of myself as a tech guy. I live with a PhD in Computer Science so, if a computer needs attention, they are the one that normally looks at it. I was worried that I would be overwhelmed with jargon and concepts as I entered this program but the process has been very step by step and is obviously geared to get an average, everyday user conversant with the fundamentals of IT in preparation for a deep dive into all the topics.

By HAMISI B

Apr 25, 2020

The nitty-gritty of Information Technology IT, is introduced in a manner that is easily digestible like a well-done T-bone steak! The trainers/instructors are the practitioners at Google so they sure know what they are talking about. They know a thing or two because they have seen a thing or two in daily professional lives! I particularly enjoyed the soft skills section which reminded me that no matter how good you are in the technical stuff, you are nothing if you don't know how to handle customers/clients/users...Thank you guys for your effort.

By Tim & C H

Mar 26, 2020

I found this course informative and the ease of rejoining after taking a break or being out of reach during COVID-19 made me aware of how important IT is when most of society ends up depending on internet access for work, school, news, research, shopping, and recreation. I am looking forward to the next course of learning. A lady in the last class Ms. Atkinson made a comment that she enjoyed that the videos were minutes and not hours, I agreed also. She also spoke to how COVID-19 (2020)caused her schooling to go online and out of the class room!

By Christian F

Mar 2, 2021

The course is a lot of fun, and prospective student's shouldn't feel intimidated; the lessons are presented in a way that is easy for people from all walks of life to understand, including those people for whom English may not be the first language. Also, the workload is spread out in such a way as to be accommodating for working parents. This also means that, if someone has lots of spare time and feels dedicated, they can finish the course in much less than six weeks. I would definitely recommend this course to others; in fact, I already have!

By Joel G

Feb 25, 2021

I really this course and how the course outline was prepared. The pop-up questions as well as the graded quizzes are the ones the really gets me excited every time I reach the end of a topic. The content is also very helpful and really gives a good foundation of learning and knowledge not only to those who are new to this course but even to those who already have prior experience in IT, it is such a very good refresher. I am happy to have completed this course and highly recommend to others who wants to is planning to get to know more about IT.

By Chris

Nov 11, 2020

Wow! That was fun AND rich in content. Was very pleased with the depth as well as the pace this program had. Presenters were positive, easy to understand, and clearly enthusiastic about what they had to share. Tech can be intimidating, but throughout the course, personal stories were shared that encouraged "learners" from previous careers to fresh in the career world. Thank you for assembling this program in a way that communicates respect for the learner's time as well as valuing the need for useful and relevant content. A+ (or 5-star).

By Raji E

Mar 14, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. The material that was presented was very simple, yet thorough at the same time. I especially liked the Virtual Machines that we were able to do work on, it gives me more confidence that I will not be walking into a job with more than just the book knowledge. The supplemental reading was a little tough because some of them sent me to wikipedia, where I would go down a rabbit hole clicking on various different links of terms that I wasn't as familiar with. But all in all, I think it is a great introductory course.

By Chan S C

Aug 9, 2020

Awesome! I am 59-years old, unemployed and undergoing cancer treatment at this moment. I am quite surprised that I could go through the weeks to the end of Level 1. This is due to the ease of understanding of how the course is being structured and delivered, each video of an optimal length and with interesting contents that makes the learning such a great experience. What can I say...it is a Google production item, where the best of real-world people come together and do great things. Thank you, Coursera and Google for making this possible.

By Diego C

Apr 23, 2020

Thank you to all of the instructors, Google, and Coursera, for making this course possible. As someone who has never attended college, but has an immense interest in technology, it was exciting to be able to learn all of this from home, and feel help me feel like I took a giant step towards an incredible new career. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who has even the slightest interest in pursuing a career in IT as it was very user friendly and and had so much great information. Thank you again to everyone who was involved!!

By Steven T

Apr 4, 2020

This Technical Support course has been great. They really ease you into the fundamentals of computer technology. Being somewhat familiar with computers myself, it was great to go over a solidify a lot of concepts that I knew before, and now I feel I have a much better grasp on what it means to be an IT Support Specialist and work with technology for a living. It's all about learning, and I look forward to learning more and more on my journey through these courses, as well as beyond that once I've started working in the IT field. Thank you!

By Russelle L

Nov 24, 2020

I appreciate this effort, the format, the people who gave their time to participate, the persons who thought of providing such an option and those who were involved because they genuinely wanted to help other people grow and achieve and develop themselves and expand their potential. Sincerely, this has been an informative, encouraging, mind-opening program. It gives me hope to understand technical concepts better, made me feel more capable within myself in pursuing a different field and made me appreciate my good friends in IT even more.