Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

GK

Jun 03, 2019

I have taken a dozen courses online. This is the most challenging and fulfilling course I have taken so far. And I believe that the course shall be beneficial to all people in different walks of life.

EN

May 31, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed and learned a lot about happiness from this course. I will definitely recommend it to my peers, as it gets me to the core from my misconceptions to developing the right practices.

51 - 75 of 3,032 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Ali B

Mar 30, 2020

During this incredibly challenging times with the self isolation this wourse was exactly what I needed to translate into thoughts and concepts my feelings. It will help you realize how stronger and more resilient we are all even in difficult times. Incredible course, engaging teacher and easily understandable. It works, I'm already changing some habits! Be safe everyone and remember that this situation is temporary! Best

By Cary M

Mar 29, 2020

Thank you professor Santos. It was a great course and I learned so much and the extra readings are great. I just started my blog "Motivate Yourself Daily" to help others learn ways of changing their thoughts and living a happier and more success life.

If you offer any other courses in this subject topic, please let me know. I would take them all. Any other book suggestions are always welcomed.

Thank you again!

By Ruth M C

Sep 10, 2018

This is a brilliant course. I am in my late sixties but have learnt a great deal about what makes us happy (and what doesn't) and have now got the tools to make changes in my own life. I hope I can keep referring back to the course material and learn more. I have recommended this course to many friends and will continue to do so. Thank you!

By Olivia H

Sep 30, 2018

I loved this course- the science behind all the actions made it so interesting and really proves the value of all the things we often know are beneficial, but seeing it in facts and studies really brings the point home. i really enjoyed the learning and feel I know a lot more about positive psychology and wellness. Recommend!

By Alicia d l P d L

Mar 22, 2020

I really have learned a lot.

The videos are kind of long sometimes, but I've enjoyed the activities.

What I liked the most was the app.

I will keep on using it.

And I'd like to know if some time soon the teacher will share the results of her research in an article or a paper. Please keep us updated.

By Nita-May W

Sep 29, 2019

I successfully completed and passed the science of wellbeing course on my mobile phone. Thank you Professor Santos for your valuable insights, your style of tutoring enabled me to enjoy learning about the various topics you presented. The Yale student community forums were also amazing.

By Mónica N J C

Sep 12, 2018

It was amazing, better than I expected. Now I have a new mindset and I'll let it grow. I had no idea of some of the information and some I did know but never really put it in practice, now is so different and clear. This course is a wise investment, for me it was a great experience.

By Ann L

Mar 23, 2020

A Challenging, fulfilling and rewarding course that drastically alters your perception of what makes you happy. Laurie Santos is an excellent instructor talking you through the science and statistics, as well as possible strategies, in a personable, friendly way.

By Maribel R

Sep 06, 2018

Professor Santos,

Thank you for providing this free online course. It was very informative, well presented, and enjoyable. The ideas have and will make a difference in how I view happiness and what I choose in order to have a balanced, fulfilled life.

By Paula R

Mar 22, 2020

This is a wonderful course to discover the steps necessary to take control of life and the joy in it. Thank you for offering these tools to the masses, the skills are gifts that I will carry with me and continue to share with my family forever.

By Richard R

Mar 23, 2020

loved this course! loved the prof! GI Joe Fallacy is a game changer. I have all the books suggested on my wish list but I had to pick up Rethinking Positive Thinking by Gabriele Oettingen so I can woop my life!

Gabriele Oettingen

By Dany F

Mar 27, 2020

Well-researched and presented in a way that’s easy to understand and implement. The course effectively uses science and data to backup the ideas and help us overcome some of the tricks and obstacles that our brains put in our way.

By Anurag G

Mar 18, 2020

A must do course to understand how one can enhance happiness. All modules are very nicely designed and introduced so nicely by Professor Laurie Santos. She totally changed my perception of seeing Psychology as a boring subject.

By Diana S

Mar 25, 2020

I would recommend this course to everyone. This is a must take course. You will learn valuable skills tand gain knowledge. You will learn to enhance and maintain wellbeing. This course will also help enhance personal growth.

By Devaney C

Mar 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! I will continue using the new practices I have learned to help me with my happiness and gratitude. I also enjoyed being informed about which books I could read to learn more about this course.

By Christin M

Mar 27, 2020

Very useful with very practical tips and things you can do easily and directly. I liked the weeks of training/rewirement at the end to really stick to the things you had planned to do instead of ending the course earlier.

By Lyn-Dee E

Mar 27, 2020

This course will help others be mindful of their own actions, responses and lives. To have 100% results you must apply everything you have learned the The Science of Well-Being.

Wishing everyone a happier life!

By Andie C

Sep 21, 2018

I am in love with this course, it has helped me be aware of my own happiness and my mood. I have been putting into practice all the aspects of the course and I can say that my life has changed for the better.

By Masooma A

Mar 26, 2020

This course has been life changing. I urge anyone who feels like they are too caught up in things around them to take this course and learn how to look at everything around us and within us in a new light.

By Jennifer S

Mar 17, 2020

This course gave me constructive ways of boosting my happiness in my daily life. It is not a quick-fix, but a solid start in forming habits that I can continue to use in the future.

By Celena M

Mar 26, 2020

I have suggested this course and provided the link to my part-time family at my second job because during this time of COVID-19, we could all use some motivation and re-wiring.

By AlBatoul A

Feb 09, 2019

I love it !!!

very informative and interesting. the material is clear and presented in a very logical sequence with many books and references if you want to learn more.

By Dau D J

Mar 23, 2020

Excellent course! Professor Santos deliberately presents the content in a meaningful and synchronized manner. I had many great take a ways. Thank you, Dr. Santos!!!

By Tom D R

Mar 25, 2020

I didn't know what to expect when I enrolled, but this course has changed my life for the better. Many thanks to professor Santos for the brilliant explanations!

By Rossana P P B

Mar 19, 2020

Thanks so much for all your time. Really loved the course and hope other people enroll it. I am finishing the Stumbling on Happiness and really liked it so far..