Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

MV

Jan 31, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

EN

May 31, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed and learned a lot about happiness from this course. I will definitely recommend it to my peers, as it gets me to the core from my misconceptions to developing the right practices.

76 - 100 of 1,499 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Amanda K

Mar 19, 2020

Such an amazing, informative class!

I honestly never finish anything and this was well worth it!

By Sarah G

Sep 27, 2018

This course was a life changer for me. I feel so lucky to have been able to be a part of it.

By Andy S

Mar 26, 2020

It was very satisfying course in the right timing! Thank you for this amazing study.

By Phanindra K

Sep 20, 2018

Wonderful course with insightful tips and practical suggestions. Highly recommended!

By Rachael F

Mar 19, 2020

This was a really interesting, well thought out and well presented course.

By Vatsana W

Mar 19, 2020

Practical information that will be applied every day moving forward.

By Luz J

Sep 26, 2018

One of the best courses I have taken in my life.. Love it. Thank you

By Corina P

Mar 30, 2020

Excellent course! It really gives you a new perspective about life!

By Maria F C d T

May 20, 2019

I very helpul cours about what really is well-being! don't miss it!

By Devendran M

Mar 18, 2020

Wonderful course to positively change oneself psychologically

By Simon N

Mar 19, 2020

Excellent course! I would recommend this class to everyone.

By Kelly A M

Mar 26, 2020

This has been an excellent course and very well taught.

By Melissa M G P

Mar 30, 2020

Perfect way to spend a stressful COVID quarantine!

By Angela M

Mar 26, 2020

Fantastic course. What a gift you give the world!

By Ejaj A

Mar 26, 2020

Excellent course. Laurie is a terrific instructor.

By Hasina

Mar 28, 2020

This is a class I recommend for everyone to take!

By Shaun H

Mar 28, 2020

Clearly presented and a good level of challenge.

By Adam T

May 20, 2019

Amazing course with insights that change a life.

By Leisa D J

Mar 25, 2020

Thank you for a wonderful class!

By Alondra P

Mar 21, 2020

Great inspiration

By Anastasia S T

Oct 01, 2019

The last 4 weeks where we implemented our choice action was anti-climactic..especially for me and maybe others who, except for one rewirement, specifically, meditation, had already implemented the other rewirements into our lives. I was disappointed. This was really a 4 week ish kind of course and without followup. I read most of my fellow-student musings and many were floundering. I know that one on one is not possible but brief Q and A's might have helped OR lectures from other experts (like me) who help people to accomplish their goals. The initial lectures were excellent, really and gave us researched-back knowledge and tools and that is where the real value lay. (as an aside, putting Yale on a pedestal and Yalies on it, did nothing for this online course but we took it with a grain of salt)

Nice job professor.. nice lecture delivery. thank you

By Warren C

Apr 16, 2018

A good practical review of some of the most interesting findings in positive psychology. Largely delivers well on what it promises. However, some of the studies covered are over-interpreted. For example, most studies in psychology suggest general trends across a group of people rather than sure-fire solutions that will work for everyone, but I would say that the latter claim is implied pretty often in this course. Also, the material related to Brian Wansink's research should be omitted, because his research has been called into serious question lately.

By Katherine E A

Mar 28, 2020

Almost everything about the course was fun and useable. I was able to learn and apply a lot, hence the 4 stars. However, the peer-grading seems altogether unnecessary. I believe, as adults, we are accountable to ourselves and having to judge someone else's journey felt wrong and antithetical to all parties having an authentic experience. It took the magic out of the course for me almost instantaneously and after learning that grades don't make you happy within the course, this grading and being graded aspect ruined it.