Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

EN
May 30, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed and learned a lot about happiness from this course. I will definitely recommend it to my peers, as it gets me to the core from my misconceptions to developing the right practices.

LH
Aug 21, 2020

Great fun way of learning about personal thought processing, attitudes and well-being.\n\nVery helpful course to get me to assess my life and how to make the changes I needed to improve my well-being.

8501 - 8525 of 8,864 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Marisa S M

Aug 10, 2018

The teachings and materials were fantastic, but I can't give this course a 5 star because of all the technical issues, very cumbersome design, and confusing web site. The web site kept going back to things I already completed. And I keep getting emails asking me if I want to do this course or switch classes...

By Gestur H

Aug 31, 2020

Great as an introduction to concepts and methods to begin getting life on track. Undoubtedly helpful to younger students still finding their perspective, and more material (either optional or as seperate follow-up courses) for people with heavier experience and lives to realign would be very well appreciated.

By Mary W

Jun 4, 2020

I’ve heard so many times, “just choose to be happy”, but it never seemed that simple. This class is a guide. Although some points seem like “no brainers”, ie: exercise, get more sleep, through this course I learned the science behind what makes us feel truly happy and well, and how to put these into action.

By Renee L

Aug 28, 2018

Absolutely learned a great deal of this course and loved how you managed to create an online course that is interactive and has a sense of community even though I was sitting behind my laptop by myself in my room. Interesting additional videos and reading material, would love to learn more on this subject.

By Gloria D W

Jun 13, 2020

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

This course was very informative, with practical and practicable tips for putting theories into practice. It has taught us how to pursue well-being, which would be a lifelong learning process, if you like.

By Christian

Apr 28, 2020

Estupendo curso, le doy 4 estrellas porque si bien es cierto que tu bienestar depende mayormente de ti mismo, creo que se pudo ahondar más en la ciencia del bienestar y poner desafíos más prácticos (al menos el planteamiento y la motivación ya que no hay manera de comprobar que en realidad se realizaron).

By Emily S

Mar 27, 2020

Great course for ANYONE and EVERYONE. I appreciated the psychological background and the research to support what the professor was teaching. I loved the professor's energy and I appreciated the helpful videos, readings and quizzes along the way. Definitely a fun topic and a helpful topic for our lives.

By varsha

Jun 21, 2020

one must take this course to understand how our own mind fool us into believing that we gonna have a long impact of certain unpleasant event but that's not true due to hedonic adaptation we get used to things so we think that it's a gonna affect us like forever but that's not the case.period

By joan o

Jul 24, 2018

Helpful course for everyone. Great material presented in engaging format. If you plan to take this course, I suggest you use your laptop. The app freezes up and gives error messages preventing progress through scoring your peers' submissions at the end. Overall, I give this course an A-

By Max J P

Jun 8, 2020

A bit more research/data heavy than I initially anticipated but overall a great course with a lovely professor, who's clearly very passionate about the subject. It opened my eyes in many ways and introduced me to positive habits and ideas that I will continue to use throughout my life.

By Melanie B G

Aug 6, 2020

I truly did enjoy this course. I would recommend it to others that are looking to instill a new behavior or habit in their life. For those like me that really like to dig deep into the Soc or Psych research behind this topic, I would say this is a good starting point or introduction.

By Martina B

Jun 15, 2020

Sehr interessanter und spannender Kurs. Man lernt einiges über die wissenschaftlichen Erkenntnisse von Happiness udn Well being und die Praxistipps lassen sich sehr leicht in den beruflichen und privaten Alltag einbauen. Alles in allem eine Bereicherung den Kurs absolviert zu haben.

By Lance K

Jun 10, 2020

Laurie did a fabulous job, was easy to understand and provided excellent examples to support the learning. The course content was a great reminder of previous readings and provided new science to support well being. Thank you for the opportunity and an excellent rewirement!

By Yaki M

Nov 21, 2018

Thank you for making this course.

I am done with the theoretical part and into the 4 week "implementation" phase of it.

For me it was productive to see the figures behind the recommendations. It was also nice to feel like one is sitting in the "class-room" with the others.

By Mira K D

Oct 23, 2020

It is a wonderful PRACTICE course. Its very DOABLE and day to day life course. Worth for anyone of any age, education, ethnicity! What i found fascinating is as Indian most of the things talked with scientific support are supposedly SOCIAL PRACTICES in day to day life.

By Katarzyna G

very nice and simple course of the essence of simple and fulfilling life. This methodology should be implemented in the entire education system as "musts" - especially in primary schools or even before. Very practical solutions presented in easy way. Congratulations

By Adelie

Oct 21, 2020

Great class! I wish there were more printouts to help me visualize the organization through this course. I value the tools I learned in this class and will continue to implement and share them with others. This is a wonderful course, especially during the pandemic.

By Eugene A

Jun 13, 2020

This is a beautiful course that is elegant in its simplicity. It teaches us things we already may know but ramps it up a step further by providing scientific basis to either affrim or contradict what we know about "being happy." Definitely a must-attend! :)

By Jesse D M

The information is really interesting. I wish topics were deeper. The last 4 weeks of the course had no class time and I would like to have learned more lecture information. I enjoyed learning, I wish these Coursera classes were harder or more challenging.

By Hannah H

Jun 6, 2020

Engaging, informative. You will come away well-equipped with tools to increase your life happiness. On a personal level I would have liked more science but the class does give you plenty of supplementary materials if you'd like to learn more on your own.

By Mariela B

Jun 1, 2020

This was an excellent and inspiring course! I am very grateful for all the wonderful teachings I recieved!

I would like to get a certificate if it is still possible since I completed all the assignments and I and very interested on keeping the material.

By Jenny M

What a fun and interesting way to spend some quarantine time! I enjoyed the lectures and Q & A sessions. Reflecting on the course at the end was beneficial as well. I hope to put what I've learned into practice throughout daily life. Thank you!

By Dani K

Oct 24, 2019

I would recommend for everyone who wants to live a happier and fulfilled life. The instructor provides a lot of useful tips to do it, change habits, learn more about one self besides she support all explanation with technical info from researchers.

By Jack Z

Jul 6, 2020

Excellent linkage of detailed scientific studies to happiness and well-being. Highly beneficial to anyone looking to understand what drives happiness, how to improve their happiness and developing skills to commit to life-long learning and growth.

By Venetia M

May 23, 2020

I have learned a lot about mind tricks. I have battled depression my whole life and so much of what you taught has given me many aha! moments. I am going to continue to practice Woop and using Rewi app as I have noticed a difference in my moods!