Back to The American South: Its Stories, Music, and Art

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The American South: Its Stories, Music, and Art by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

From small farms to urban neighborhoods, from the region itself to the more distant worlds of the southern diaspora, we discover the stories, music, and art of the American South....

ES
Aug 13, 2015

One of the greatest courses I ever followed!\n\nInteresting, documentary, not even one minute boring, very well organized and easy to follow.\n\nMusic is part of our history.

CC
Aug 25, 2015

Bill Ferris is a wealth of knowledge and experience - I only regret missing out on the classroom dynamic of a Ferris-led discussion of Southern arts, particularly the Blues.

101 - 103 of 103 Reviews for The American South: Its Stories, Music, and Art

By Bill P

Jan 28, 2021

I got quite discouraged with this course and have not completed it. I think I need the discussion and interaction of the forums and quiz scores to make the learning real. It looks like you have to pay to get quiz scores. The videos present the information clearly and well, but I could get the information from other sources. I was puzzled at the lack of recent discussions and that only one of the 13 moderators/staff had ever contributed to the forums and nothing in the last couple of months, even though there are recent 5-star reviews.

By Reuben B

Aug 15, 2015

It was interesting to a point, but there was no application of the knowledge gained. It was merely a regurgitation of facts.

By Emma