Back to Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds is a five-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the origins of birds. This course examines the anatomy, diversity, and evolution of theropod dinosaurs in relation to the origin of birds. Students explore various hypotheses for the origin of flight. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-theropod-dinosaurs...

MC

Mar 14, 2018

This course was great! It explains everything clearly, and it keeps you involved by asking questions about the material, and keeps you amused with some interesting anecdotes. Highly suggested by me!

CH

Jan 6, 2021

I loved taking this course. I learned a lot (The first course I did was DINO 101 and I wanted to dig deeper). The teachers are really passionate and engaging. Cannot wait to do the others courses!

151 - 175 of 432 Reviews for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

By Dillon T

Jun 20, 2016

Cool course I love birds and now understand about them more !!!!! Plus I can tell my friends want to see a Dino look over there !

By Dylan T

Jan 29, 2016

Another excellent course. Thank you very much for your amazing work. One of the most engaging learning experiences on this site.

By José E

Extremely didactic and enjoyable course that gives a thorough explanation on the origin of birds and their evolutionary history

By Osypchuk A

Apr 1, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot - all videos, interactive materials, and quiz were engaging, educational and very well thought out.

By Sathvik

Jun 27, 2020

The course is really good...so much so that I got emotional when I knew this was my last video with the University of Alberta

By omnaren v

Jun 28, 2020

I loved this course ,it was really interesting it expanded my career options greatly and Mr.Scott Persons is a great teacher

By Rohit P

Jun 8, 2020

Super insightful and very well balanced between the practicalities and the entire story that lead to the evolution of birds!

By Dave J

Jan 2, 2017

there is a lot I had to unlearn from PBS about Avian evolution. now I am hooked on their courses on dinosaurs and evolution.

By Caedan H

Feb 26, 2016

Very fun and exciting! It teaches you how the Theropods can be traced into the first birds in a really cool interactive way.

By Lila K W

Dec 24, 2021

I completed the course and enjoyed it but did not get my certificate. The link provided did not lead to the certificate :(

By Sylvia H

Jul 20, 2017

very helpful as it is very difficult to learn Dinosaur (for adults) in a systematic way, especially from evolution aspects.

By sarfraz k

Jul 29, 2020

very interesting and highly insightful course about the origin of birds. Very well explained. Bravo to both the lecturers!

By Freddie

Jul 24, 2017

I had so much fun with yet another of the UofAs courses. I will forever look at our chickens and pet budgies differently.

By Zandra P

Mar 22, 2021

Highly recommend any of their courses on Paleontology they are very informative with an easy to understand teaching style

By Karen M

Sep 7, 2020

I did this course with my 8 year old son and he did the assignments and I read the course readings to him. Great course!

By Billy L S

Aug 3, 2021

This course is absolutely spectacular! A lot of it is very challenging, and that is just what I need! Thank you so much!

By Sonka

Aug 30, 2020

el curso es completo aunque hay cosas que han cambiado por investigación pero se entiende la antiguedad de los videos

By Annesha K G

Mar 15, 2017

Great course. I didn't knew it that Dinosaurs are still present in birds. Thank you University of Alberta & Coursera.

By Donald J M

May 1, 2016

Excellent. The subject is clearly and concisely produced and delivered; the readings are spot on. Worth every minute.

By Sarai P

Mar 27, 2020

me gusto aprender con la Universidad de Alberta y espero que me den nuevas oportunidades para cursar otros programas

By Rachel K W

Apr 16, 2019

Superb. Such a lot of important detail at the right level to really explore the subject. Thoroughly recommended.

By M S M

Aug 11, 2020

a very great course, easy to follow and understand and gives many insights on Birds and its evolutionary lives

By Ruben R

May 12, 2022

Me encantó y muy feliz. comencé un trabajo donde debo saber de aves y este curso me llego como anillo al dedo

By Richie H

Aug 31, 2021

I love to learn the topics relate Dinosaurs, thank all scientists who did all hard work to let us learn here.

By Eriathwen E

Feb 20, 2017

One of the best courses that I've enrolled in.

Remarkable in: it's enjoyable and funny. So good explanations!