Back to Transformation of the Global Food System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Transformation of the Global Food System by University of Copenhagen

The UN predicts we will be 9-10 billion people on Earth in 2050. Providing so many people with nutritious foods is a massive challenge and one that cannot be met by simply upscaling current practices regarding food production and consumption. Providing humanity with nutritional food is at the center of all decisions related to sustainable development. Agriculture is responsible for 80% of global deforestation. The food systems release 29% of global greenhouse gasses. We use an area equivalent to North and South America combined for the production of meat for consumption or to produce the food necessary to feed the animals we eat. 70% of fresh water use is related to agriculture. These figures are staggering, and they show us, that we need to rethink and transform the way we produce, distribute and consume food worldwide. This course focuses on how food systems can become more sustainable. It consists of four modules where each focuses on an essential ingredient towards developing more sustainable food systems: (1) Boosting the small, (2) Transforming the big, (3) Losing less and (4) Eating smarter. In each of these key areas, we will meet people from different countries around the world, who labor every day to find and spread solutions that work. Connecting the challenges that must be overcome to develop a sustainable global food system with the solutions being developed by the amazing group of people you meet in this course has been a huge source of inspiration for me. I truly believe that the global food system can be transformed to sustainably meet the needs of 9-10 billion people and, with this course, I dare you to join me!...

RW
Oct 29, 2020

This was a fantastic course and along with the other course in the sustainable development goals has only highlighted my interest in continuing this on after my masters research into a PhD. Thank you!

SV
Jul 9, 2021

I can easily send a single powerful message :- switch over to labor intensive, cost effective, eco friendly and long lasting organic agriculture, unrefined diet and foods with no chemicals.

51 - 75 of 176 Reviews for Transformation of the Global Food System

By Ingrid M

Dec 28, 2020

Great course! I never imagined that a course with this level is here in Coursera. Take advantage of this course, learn and improve the world by agriculture and nature

By Kirstie W

Jun 17, 2020

Brilliantly conceived and put together course covering the key touch points for sustainable food production moving forward, well done to the University of Copenhagen.

By Elizabeth

Mar 21, 2021

Great course that uses contemporary examples from across the world to highlight examples of sustainable farming, awareness campaigns, and policy initiatives.

By Brandi C

Mar 9, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. There were a lot of great videos and the information was from reliable sources. It also included different areas of the world.

By ELIJAH D I A

Aug 10, 2020

Eye-opener and inspirational. Gives you an in depth view of the world's agricultural system and food value chain. Learned lots of lessons from this course!

By Diana A

Aug 30, 2020

This was a great course! I really enjoyed really informative and provides a global perspective. I layouts the food systems problem and possible solutions.

By Natascha K

Aug 10, 2020

Short but very dense course that provides an overview n measures to make food production more sustainable. Highly recommended to anyone who eats food! ;)

By Karthik

Sep 14, 2020

An excellent course. I highly recommend taking this course for someone who needs to gain an understanding of Food systems in a sustainability context.

By Guohao J

May 15, 2021

Great course with detailed explaination and case studies, leading the students to think what could have done better or what can be futher explored.

By Laura P

Jan 5, 2021

Great course highly recommended. It has covered in a precised, but not too extensive manner all the important stakeholders of the food system.

By Joel E A

Jul 28, 2020

The course was very informative and shows the transformations we need in the global food system in order to make this earth habitable by 20250

By Kevin J

Aug 30, 2020

Excellent course. Very well put together and helps to give a better understanding on the problems regarding food production and management.

By Sherlene K R F

Nov 22, 2020

Worth-taking course since it really opens your mind to a broad perspective on how to sustain the food system for the next years to come.

By Richard P

Sep 24, 2020

I learn how be future transformation global food system being. Thats idea is verry good to our children tomorrow. Thanks a lot

By Iulia M P

Oct 24, 2021

While I am not a newbie in the field, I learnt of quite a few great initiatives and have more up to date facts. Many thanks!

By Jędrek R

Jul 26, 2021

Very professional and inspiring, I recommend to everyone as an intro level course who cares about our future and our planet.

By supervisor s

Jan 10, 2021

Очень интересный курс! Расширила свой кругозор и поле интересов. Знания полученные на курсе планирую использовать в учёбе.

By DRAMANI N

Jan 1, 2021

The course is very enlightening. It has indeed broadened my understanding of food systems and way forward into the future.

By Jessa H M

Jul 4, 2020

hi... i am so pleased and thankful for the learning i gained during the course... hope i can have my certificate... thanks

By Christelle

Dec 13, 2020

Mrs Katherine Richardson knows how to deliver the information in the best, apprehensible and educational way! BIG THANKS

By Iris J A

Oct 14, 2020

The course covered all aspects of food systems. It has also involved large private corporations and medium enterprises.

By Alfonso E G

Jun 27, 2020

Very well organized! videos and articles to read well choosen and informaive. Broad but detailed scope of the issues.

By Gonzalo M R

Sep 13, 2020

Very interesting course, it highlight the importance of a change in the food production systems and practices

By Ma. C F

Nov 23, 2020

A real eye-opener of the global status of our food system. Definitely a must-enroll course here in Coursera.

By NICOLE L

Sep 22, 2020

This course has inspired me and helped me think of ways we can work together to save this planet. Thankyou!