Back to Introduction to UI Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to UI Design by University of Minnesota

In this course, you will gain an understanding of the critical importance of user interface design. You will also learn industry-standard methods for how to approach the design of a user interface and key theories and frameworks that underlie the design of most interfaces you use today. Through a series of case studies on commercial systems - many of which you likely use on a regular basis - we will illustrate the benefits of good design. We will also demonstrate how the costs of bad design can often be severe (in user experience, money, and even human lives). You will then gain a high-level understanding of the user-interface design process. You will be introduced to common design scenarios - e.g. improving on existing designs and starting a new design from scratch - and the general design processes that tend to be used for each scenario. Finally, we will begin introducing the large body of existing knowledge on design by providing overviews of core user interface design theories and concepts. This key foundational information will help you avoid “reinventing the wheel” when you are designing your interfaces in this specialization....

CA
Jan 20, 2019

Has given valuable insights and new points of view. It extended my horizon, even though I am new on the field and have designed several user interfaces not according to the course principles so far.

MM
Nov 11, 2017

this course is just not about the theory it actually helps you to understand things on practical basis.The test and assignments helps you to apply the disciplines and makes you basic clear.

51 - 75 of 236 Reviews for Introduction to UI Design

By SOFYA F

Sep 20, 2017

Amazing course, awesome professors, I started to realize the mistakes I made when I worked for Dolphin. Hopefully will get a chance to make things right.

By 魏清君

Dec 11, 2016

Easy to understand, well organized and the lecturers are very nice! This is a very good class for beginners, and those who are interested in UI design.

By Mohamed A K

Feb 29, 2020

i like this course very much because it make me to understand people's minds and their thoughts

i would like to learn more and more from this course ..

By Zoreslav G

Jun 4, 2019

Great course! I am Web designer and I've started think in other way. Also I recommend to read Don Norman book during learning on this course. Cheers!

By Alerik E C R

Nov 6, 2020

Learned a lot about User Interface design. I like how they use real life examples and case studies. Videos are a bit too long, but it does the job.

By Amgad I

Sep 19, 2019

It extended my horizon, even though I am new in the field and have designed several user interfaces not according to the course principles so far.

By Rouzhen L

Jan 11, 2021

Really useful, love the course structure, case study, and assignment, also at the end, the interview with don Norman is especially precious.

Nov 14, 2018

The course help me to understand the basic of Human Computer Interaction. The course almost completes all the syllabus covered in academics.

By Binyam M S

Dec 2, 2017

A good introduction to UI. Hope the rest of the specialization will continue with the good work the instructors did on the current course.

By Olivia C

Oct 2, 2017

Great pace, clear information, and I feel like I have a good understanding of the topic. I'm excited to further my learning on UI Design.

By Addison F

Jul 25, 2017

Very thorough and taught by high-caliber academics and practitioners of UI Design. Amazing this level of education is available online.

By Puneet V

Oct 6, 2019

I have been working as a web designer for the past 5 years. This course has helped me to see things in new light.

Thank you coursera!

By Nelson J D

Oct 18, 2016

Well structured with good teachers and full of pratical examples that help you understand the design principles used in UI design.

By RION S

Dec 13, 2020

I could learn the basic concepts and theories used in UI design. I recommend it to all of the users who interested in UI design.

By Sumit S

Aug 31, 2020

This course is well designed to understand the basic and core concept of UI Design in a simple and plain English. Thanks!

By FATIN I S

Jul 19, 2020

Great course. I am so excited about to have gained an introductory knowledge about user interface design on this course.

By Marcus K

May 17, 2018

Very well done introduction to UI design. Especially the variety of viewpoints from the different presenters adds value.

By Deepak

Dec 10, 2017

Very well taught course by sought after faculty. The course material is easy to understand and assignments will be fun!

By Tanima S

Sep 20, 2017

Great professors, good coursework. Overall a good experience for a person who is interested in UI design as a beginner.

By Samyak S

Apr 23, 2020

An excellent course. It creates a very solid foundation for interface design by using relevant examples. Recommended.

By abdul r a

Nov 29, 2019

This course was wonderful, helped me to have a better understanding of UI.

I thank all lecturers and the team behind.

By Mohamed S

Aug 13, 2019

The course was very good but the video was long and some of them were not clear enough, especially in the third week.

By Robert C S

Feb 18, 2021

Provides good theoretical foundation, with some good reference sources for further study. I liked the instructors.

By Mafia C

Awesome course! Really informative info. The videos could use more infographics for engagement but otherwise great.

By Manali H N

Aug 4, 2020

great learning experience , and quick understanding the design of everyday things .

looking forward to learn more.