Back to Best Practices for iOS User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Best Practices for iOS User Interface Design by University of California, Irvine

You will learn to develop sophisticated user interfaces for iOS, with a focus on user interface design best practices, UI animations, and responsive design. You will learn about the key UI widgets, mapping interfaces and view restoration....

MH

Jan 04, 2017

A must do course for people who use storyboard or the interface builder and need to make apps which are visually pleasing and responsive to screen sizes and orientations.

MR

May 29, 2018

Very descriptive, that's good for learning. Besides, peer assignment works are very effective. Anyone interested in iOS development must try this course.

1 - 25 of 43 Reviews for Best Practices for iOS User Interface Design

Sep 16, 2017

The course is OK, thanks for the effort in preparing the course. However, it is outdated and does not necessarily follow the best practices for UI design as said

By Mehmet İ K

Dec 07, 2018

Unfortunately I cannot say this is a good course as an iOS developer myself. I usually have problems generally with auto layout or other iOS specific controls which do not behave as I would expect them to. I am a self taught person, so I thought I might need a bit more systematic knowledge / training on the area.

When I saw "Best practices" in the title of the course, I expected the course to cover not only the absolute basics, but some more tricky subjects. Unfortunately the course covers only very basics and do not cover subjects deeply. I would also like to recommend the course instructor to do some preparing before doing the course. There are a lot of errors happening on the record time of the video, and it almost feels like there has been no preparation.

3 stars as it could help beginners to learn general UI concepts, but definitely need to look somewhere else for understanding Autolayout better

By Taro M

Feb 06, 2016

I think this course should be named basic iOS programming.

The course doesn't provide professional UI design, just teach some basic which Human Interface guideline has.

Also the instructor doesn't seem iOS expertise.

By Harvey G

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent course and instructors. A pleasure to learn from this course, thankyou!

By itaen

Feb 10, 2016

nice course! great teacher, very helpful for advanced!

By Horia S B

Feb 27, 2016

Great learning time

By Pavel O

Feb 24, 2016

Thank you for very informative and helpful course. But video lessons were very long, specifically Week 4 (very, very long).

By Henrique T d A S

Apr 27, 2017

Great course!

By Alexander O

Feb 16, 2016

Be ready that the week 4 has much longer assignment than the previous weeks.

By Akshay

Mar 28, 2017

I love the content and the way it is explained and structured!

By Jean-Louis B

Nov 19, 2016

Although it's not hard core programming per se, it brings very valuable insights on design and iOS specifics.

By Dallas B K

Sep 05, 2016

I'm learning a lot in this class. I actually decided it was worth paying for. Thanks for making it $49 instead of $79. I think the videos are really helpful for explaining confusing concepts. The assignments were simple enough to make me not quit but challenging enough for a brand new iOS developer to have to spend some time on them to learn.

By Pamela P

Feb 12, 2016

Really informative, helpful, and detailed information.

By Leonid K

Feb 16, 2016

Great material! Thanks a lot!

By Kipp M

Sep 17, 2017

Great things to learn about iOS app structure and code. I think the videos could be updated with current Xcode 8 or above language and structure. Sometimes I had to find the changes from the video. However, if anything was major, Professor Patterson posted comments on the class page that were very helpful to work around.

By Mohammad A

Mar 28, 2016

This course really taught me how to design better app UI.

By John F

Sep 27, 2016

The course had some great general UI content, and a nice final project tying persistent Core Data into a TableView providing useful experience and boilerplate code for future projects.

By An L

Feb 16, 2016

Very detailed lectures help me to understand iOS app development a lot. Thank you :-)

By Huang X

Jun 29, 2016

Good entrance level course for beginner!

Jan 03, 2017

One of the most hard courses, but also the most fun one.

By Felipe L M

Feb 17, 2016

Grade A for the content, format and professors! Thankyou all!!

By Vinicius S T

Mar 06, 2016

Perfect!

By Bart B

Mar 07, 2016

Great Course! Really insightful.

By Helen B

Apr 19, 2016

Practical, fun projects - excellent course for learning iOS development!

By Tiago P

Feb 28, 2016

Very pragmatic learning (lots of hands on!) and good examples to help you understand all concepts.