Back to Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments by Duke University

In this course, you will learn what an argument is. The definition of argument will enable you to identify when speakers are giving arguments and when they are not. Next, you will learn how to break an argument into its essential parts, how to put them in order to reveal their connections, and how to fill in gaps in an argument by adding suppressed premises. By the end of this course, you will be better able to understand and appreciate arguments that you and other people present. Suggested Readings: Students who want more detailed explanations or additional exercises or who want to explore these topics in more depth should consult Understanding Arguments: An Introduction to Informal Logic, Ninth Edition, Concise, Chapters 1-5, by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong and Robert Fogelin. Course Format: Each week will be divided into multiple video segments that can be viewed separately or in groups. There will be short ungraded quizzes after each segment (to check comprehension) and a longer graded quiz at the end of the course....

FY
Jul 5, 2018

I found this course very challenging as I find critical thinking very difficult. However this course was extremely rewarding and I will be taking the other three modules in the Think Again series.

SM
Jun 10, 2020

201 - 225 of 623 Reviews for Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments

By Basma G

Jul 19, 2017

This course is what I consider a life changing knowledge experience. It's practical, clear, very informative and still fun !

By Carol G

Dr. Sinnott-Armstrong's pleasing demeanor, sense of humor, and simplified examples kept me intrigued throughout the course.

By GURINDER K

Apr 5, 2020

Finally I have completed my course. It was very challenging and demands full concentration but totally worth-full.Thank you

By Paul O F

Oct 27, 2018

It´s a great course. The professor is a great teacher (in the sense of teaching others) and the content is very practical.

By Renato A D

Apr 8, 2018

Very well structured course. Learn a lot. Just last week (reconstruction examples) are a bit confusing and hard to follow.

By Raj G

Dec 22, 2016

It changed my thinking and behavior totally. It's a must learn for everyone from my side to the one who seeks knowledge.

By Jack R

Amazing course to help you get started with understanding arguments, reasoning and helping to understand people better.

By Iona F

Feb 7, 2018

This was a most excellent course on how to understand and conclude an argument. it is beneficial in all fields of life

By Mark E A A

Jun 19, 2020

I love how this course was presented with so much enthusiasm by the instructors. The assessments are very challenging!

By Anastasia G

Dec 17, 2016

The course was really useful! And I would also like to outline the charismatic teacher who inspired to learn smth new!

By Isidora Z

Oct 23, 2020

I loved it, it was a great learning experience that helped me a lot! I want to thank the teacher, it was my pleasure.

By Jose M S

Oct 20, 2018

This course remember me the lacks i have and encorage me to continue taking the others, this course is simply amazing

By Teng C H

Sep 8, 2020

Learned so much from this course about the structures of argument. Highly recommended but also mentally very taxing.

By Jordan N

Jul 2, 2020

Excellent course i lernad how to understand arguments in a way that permits to find the root and reasoning behind it

By victoria

Mar 26, 2019

Great course! Highly recommend. I knew nothing about logic before this, and I found it understandable and enjoyable.

By Utpal D

Jun 11, 2017

Incredible course which gives you a science behind the Arguments, Never imagined such a structure existed. Hats off!

By Xinyi X

Apr 14, 2019

The teacher is really adorable and funny! However, I do hope every question can show the answer to why I am wrong.

By SHAILESH K

Jun 4, 2020

It very easy to understand lecture through Given example in lecturer. will help in real life also.

Thanks Team.

By Abdullah E

Sep 22, 2017

This course is very helpful. It starts from zero basics and highly simplified. Also, it's almost comprehensive.

By Miream A

Aug 24, 2017

I am certain that you will love this course. This course explains every thing you need to know about arguments.

By Hildegard M

Feb 19, 2017

Interesting, informative course presented in a clear, comprehensive and fun way! Congratulations and THANK YOU!

By HARSH P

Apr 10, 2018

This course was awesome. It is short and sweet , and you learn a lot about arguments and how to evaluate them.

By Morgan M

Feb 11, 2018

Wonderful course in my opinion. Professors are very well spoken and excellent at communicating ideas clearly.

By Shirley K

Jun 19, 2020

great course, really made me think of how to really break down arguments to the bare bones and build them up

By Oleh K

Oct 23, 2018

I enjoyed the course so much. I liked regular exercises and that I communicated with others students a lot.