Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

RC

Oct 06, 2020

Thank you! Coursera for providing me the platform for boosting my knowledge in Financial Markets, as i have learned various financial parts in this subject and this will help me in my carrier too.

151 - 175 of 870 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Hannes R

Oct 02, 2017

Michel is such a great lecturer. For me it was great to turn on 0,75x on video speed and use other sites as investopedia when things got complicated. A great course!

By Vishal A

Jun 23, 2020

I want to start an portfolio management firm in the future and I have learnt a lot from this course. I enjoyed learning this. And Michel is a great teacher. Cheers!

By Ahmed B N B

Sep 17, 2016

i recommend this course for every one interested to understand the dynamics of financial markets and the future trends of financial markets and portfolio management

By Luis F N P

Aug 12, 2020

I think this course have the most completely knowledges about financial markets and investments, was a pleasure do this, and I'll keep doing this course. Thank you

By Tamara L

Apr 14, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It was more that what I expected. I am very satisfied and grateful for having this opportunity. I strongly recommend this course.

By Sean L

Very interesting and to the point videos which convey the necessary information clearly and at times with flair. Very enjoyable and palatable learning experience.

By Abhyudaya A

Apr 20, 2020

Excellent course, all the teachers are excellent and especially Michel Girardin sir, he has his unique ways of explaining complex concepts in an easy and fun way.

By Julio B

Apr 19, 2020

I just love the teaching method of Dr. Girardin. The funny way and the jokes highly illustrate complex topics in a funny yet highly "teaching" and motivating way.

By Ghassen M

Aug 24, 2016

I found this course very informative especially after the first week.

Great thanks to Mr. Michel who made this course easy to understand, a great teacher indeed.

By Andres A

Apr 15, 2016

Excelente curso sin duda, tiene una metodología excelente que permite al estudiante entender la temática sin tener algún tipo de conocimiento previo, recomendado

By Shreeya S

Loved the course.I m going to choose finance as my socialization & have the knowledge of financial markt is very crucial.The modules are very simple and clear.

By Lucas V M

Jan 28, 2020

Good Lecturers, comprehensive vocabulary, good texts and good lections. Perfect Course; would advise anyone interested in reaching financial careers to take it.

By Harshit A

Aug 20, 2019

Course is great designed by the creators. I understand each and every aspect they try to explain. Overall great learning experience from this course. Thank you.

By Vinayak I

Apr 12, 2020

Dr. Michel is a really good professor. Explained the concepts really well. Really good course. Would recommend it to everyone interested in financial markets.

By Yuvraj H

Feb 09, 2017

Great learning! The way the proffessor taught is commendable.

Even a novice can benefit and learn alot in finance through this course!

Thanks to the whole team.

By Gabriel G B

Aug 28, 2020

I am currently studying economics, and I can say that this course have been AWESOME.

THANK YOU Professor Michel Girardin, vous êtes un professeur incroyable!

By Agrawal S R

Aug 08, 2020

Used to find Finance boring until I took this course. Professor Michael Makes teaching very interesting and concepts very clear. Wish to learn more from him.

By Enrico S

Jan 20, 2019

This course is wonderful. I have 35 years of experience of study in the markets and i think that this course is well done.All the teachers are very competent

By William L S Z

Aug 08, 2020

Amazing this course, the explanation is claer, the topics are relevant to nowdays, the knowledge of the instructors at first level, I recommend this course.

By Joseph A

Feb 10, 2018

very good introduction to financial markets, especially with the current economic scenario of interest rate discussions and volatile stock markets in the US

By Panagiotis-Nektarios M

Oct 14, 2020

Wonderful course (for all levels) to better understand the main financial markets. Excited for the rest of the Investment Management specialization course!

By Goran S

Jan 12, 2020

Great overview describing also the general mechanics and interactions between the different financial instruments! Good starting point for further studies.

By Sim Y X

Sep 29, 2016

Awesome Course! The Professor uses daily analogies to simplify complex financial concepts and help learners understand the workings of the financial world.

By Ahmad Z Z

Mar 07, 2016

Excellent course. The course provides a good understanding of the financial markets and is an excellent introduction to the field of Investment Management.

By Abanob R

Dec 27, 2016

very useful to help you in understanding how financial markets work , and how they react to number of variables especially Economic and monetary variables