Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC
Sep 25, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

101 - 125 of 1,082 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Raimondas Ž

Oct 2, 2020

Despite of fact that this course is very short, but the theory that is given here is very strong. I was making notes in my synopsis book all the time. I feel that this course in general was a bit too "dry". Nevertheless, recommended.

By Bennett H

Feb 11, 2020

This course was an excellent overview of UX design concepts, and gave me the right amount of information for the length of the course. I found all the material worth viewing, and am interested in learning more about the field of UX.

By Jamilah S

Jan 29, 2021

As a person who easily remembers lessons or presentations with the use of examples, I appreciate the consistent use of examples here in the course. It also provides different reading materials for more in depth self paced learning.

By Syahra A

Aug 17, 2020

I have no background of user experience at all, and this course helped me a lot to get to know better about User Experience fundamentals. The class is enjoyable, and I learned many great things from this class. Thank you so much!

By Tetiana M

Feb 26, 2021

Dear, Rosa I. Arriaga.

Thank you very much for your work and for your course. This course helped me understand how I can start to learning UX design and how I can to achieve my goal.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tetiana Markova.

By Tatiana J M R P

Jul 17, 2020

Este curso es genial, y la docente es excelente para explicar cada módulo en cada vídeo. Cualquier persona puede introducirse en el tema de UX como principiante con este curso y ver si elige seguir aprendiendo sobre el mismo.

By Sarah B

Feb 13, 2017

This course was a great intro to user experience design. It paralleled a user research projects I was participating in and clarified the steps being used. It also didn't take long and I was able to fit it in my busy schedule.

By Heather O

Dec 10, 2016

A great course for anyone just starting out in UXD. You will learn the terminology fairly quickly, the resources are a wonderful source, the quizzes help the course's lessons sink in. All in all, you will not be disappointed.

By TF H

Oct 17, 2020

I enjoyed the material provided and gained quite a number of new insights on beginning UX Design. The field is far more complex than I envisioned, and this course gave me the basics for understanding how the process works.

By Fiorela C M

May 7, 2020

El curso amplió mis conocimientos con ejemplos que reforzaban lo aprendido,ademas de evaluaciones constantes que ayudan a que mis futuros aprendizajes sobre UX y la aplicación de éstos en mi trabajo sean mas eficientes.

By Elilien V

Jul 25, 2020

Muy buen curso para entender los conceptos básicos de el Diseño de Experiencia de Usuario, con esta base sólida se puede ir adentrando posteriormente a los conceptos más complejos. Muy buena base, totalmente recomendado

By Kuheli G

May 10, 2021

Awesome content, just perfect for a beginner. One thing I'd like to point out is the interruption by questions every few seconds during the very first video is not cool from a UX point of view. It disturbs the learner!

By Bianca M

Apr 3, 2021

Very introductory overview of basic concepts and terms involved in UX Design. Perfect for a beginner to become familiar with the lingo and basic ideas. It would be helpful if they had a menu on where to go from here!

By Xi Z

Aug 17, 2018

This course provides a very clear overview of what UX Design entails! Recommend to people who want to understand what UX Design is and what it involves! Instructor explains very, very clearly. Definitely recommend!!

By Stesha M

Apr 18, 2020

This was excellent introduction to the process of user experience design. Dr. Arriaga is an engaging instructor. I appreciated how weeks 2 - 5 focused on one step of the 4-step design process. I highly recommend .

By Barbara U

Jun 5, 2017

The course gives an excellent overview about the basics of UX Design. It is a great Introduction for anyone who is new to this field as it provides helpful sources and a well-explained understanding for UX Design.

By Steven W

Jul 22, 2018

I really like this course! This is for beginners who are looking for where to start, what exactly User Experience consist of. For me, I really enjoy learning about the research part and prototyping. Great class.

By tushar p

Jul 15, 2020

the course really helped me to learn the basics of user experience design and the amount of resources availability was so amazing. This journey was completely worthful. Looking forward to more courses for sure.

By Dhiraj A

Aug 17, 2017

The course has been designed lucidly for a beginner to get to understand the principals. It will help lay good foundation for working out good designs for an efficient, effective and satisfying User Experience

By Irena K

Nov 25, 2020

That course is a perfect intro to anyone who thinks to dip his/her toes into the UX world, and needs to grasp the general structure of the whole process.. The course is well organised and presented. 5 stars!

By Shaik M I

May 21, 2018

Rally happy to have found this subject online. it has helped me to clear my basics about what user expects and how that expectation can be translated into an experience by improving or redoing the designs.

By Ekaterina

Jan 7, 2017

Excellent presentation of the material. Concise and to the point. I wish there were more courses by this professor in depth for FREE. I know, I know, I want a lot. :) Thank you for a great introduction!!!

By Thaw T W

Dec 12, 2020

I'm Asian (Burmese). I'm not really proficient in English but the teacher's explanation was clear. I hope it will support my computing project which will be included in final year. Thanks for everything.

By 尤临临

Feb 24, 2020

The course design is very good, very suitable for beginners, through learning ,I master the four steps of the interface optimization , and the method of each step needs ! Thank you very much for sharing!

By Shivam S

Dec 21, 2019

Thank you so much Georgia Tech for making this video. It was really informative and helpful i even started my first UX Research project because of this and thanks coursera for providing this for free. :)