Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC
Sep 25, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

101 - 125 of 1,218 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Paola A

Sep 3, 2020

I really enjoyed how I can go through this myself and was able to go back and re-watch videos with ease. It was at my own pace and I really enjoyed listening to Dr. Rosa Arriaga. She was extremely easy to understand and made the course very informative.

By Afsar k

Jun 7, 2021

Having Time with the teacher, enjoy the course a lot, especially the teaching style. It would beneficial especially for the developing country the certificate to be offered free due poverty in these countries.

Overall the course was a great experience.

By Billy C

Aug 15, 2020

This course really help me understand the terminologies and the main core concept of UX design. I highly recommend anyone who wants to get started in UX to try this course and I want to say thank you to Coursera for putting out free educational course.

By Humphrey P

Feb 24, 2018

This course is concise and comprehensive. Could serve as a sort of "bedrock" of academic knowledge on the subject. Touches on the introduction and interesting beginner-level topics just as its described in the title. I would highly recommend this.

By Niranjan G

Sep 15, 2017

Dr. Rosa is supper teacher in UX field. I loved to way of her teaching quality. Fantastic course of UX introduction is really good with in-depth knowledge. I would like to refer this course specially for new learners!

Great Regards,

Niranjan Gohane

By Grace E A

Jul 2, 2020

This course contains a brief overview of what User Experience Design is. The contents are delivered clearly, the quizzes are good and challenging. It's very helpful and easy to understand for a newbie like me. Thank you for providing this course!

By Timothy A S

Feb 15, 2021

I honestly like it! I like how Ms. Rosa really drills the concept of usability, as well as the four phases of UX design. I wish we have peer-to-peer evaluation though; I especially find your lessons in prototyping perfect for such an evaluation.

By Taylor C

Aug 7, 2019

Really informative for an introductory course. The lectures are easy to understand and follow. The readings are really helpful resources, and interesting as well. The quizzes are little confusing, judging by how the questions are structured.

By BASH A

Sep 24, 2021

Few weeks after finishing the course I thought that this corse didn;t hel me to do anything. But by the time I realized this corse heavilly affected my thinking and confidence. Highly recommended for people who search for long term success.

By Cristian P L

Sep 9, 2020

The course was a good introduction to me, who has never inquired so much in UX design. I think it will help me a lot with my new interface creations. Would totally recomend it to anyone who is new in this field, as good introduction to it!

By Luz G M

Jul 17, 2020

All the videos where clear and easy to follow and understand. The reading material was really helpful to understand in a deeper way the course terminology and concepts, I feel very satisfied and I want to learn more.

Thank you very much!

Aug 21, 2018

It is very useful for novice learners to learn new terms, definitions about User Experience Design. You can't be an expert right away after this course but you can know the basic concepts as well as the process to build good UX Designs.

By Srinivas P

Dec 22, 2016

Very good Introductory course. Provides you with all the basic information about User experience design as well as a list of very useful resources. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to start a career in the field of UX design.

By ll u

Nov 12, 2021

very formative professional manner. the structure of the curriculum very helpful . the quizzes and the articles are great tool to master the fundamentals of User experience design.

Thank you so much for the hard work.

highly appreciated.

By Raimondas Ž

Oct 2, 2020

Despite of fact that this course is very short, but the theory that is given here is very strong. I was making notes in my synopsis book all the time. I feel that this course in general was a bit too "dry". Nevertheless, recommended.

By Bennett H

Feb 11, 2020

This course was an excellent overview of UX design concepts, and gave me the right amount of information for the length of the course. I found all the material worth viewing, and am interested in learning more about the field of UX.

By Jamilah S

Jan 29, 2021

As a person who easily remembers lessons or presentations with the use of examples, I appreciate the consistent use of examples here in the course. It also provides different reading materials for more in depth self paced learning.

By SYAHRA A A I

Aug 17, 2020

I have no background of user experience at all, and this course helped me a lot to get to know better about User Experience fundamentals. The class is enjoyable, and I learned many great things from this class. Thank you so much!

By Tetiana M

Feb 26, 2021

Dear, Rosa I. Arriaga.

Thank you very much for your work and for your course. This course helped me understand how I can start to learning UX design and how I can to achieve my goal.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tetiana Markova.

By Sanna B

Nov 16, 2021

G​ood morning from Gambia my name is Sanna Bajo who just finish his course recently but i didn't receive my certificate yet i need to know the reason why...? waiting for your positive response

B​est regards

S​anna Bajo / Gambia

By Tatiana J M R P

Jul 17, 2020

Este curso es genial, y la docente es excelente para explicar cada módulo en cada vídeo. Cualquier persona puede introducirse en el tema de UX como principiante con este curso y ver si elige seguir aprendiendo sobre el mismo.

By Sarah B

Feb 13, 2017

This course was a great intro to user experience design. It paralleled a user research projects I was participating in and clarified the steps being used. It also didn't take long and I was able to fit it in my busy schedule.

By Heather O

Dec 10, 2016

A great course for anyone just starting out in UXD. You will learn the terminology fairly quickly, the resources are a wonderful source, the quizzes help the course's lessons sink in. All in all, you will not be disappointed.

By TF H

Oct 17, 2020

I enjoyed the material provided and gained quite a number of new insights on beginning UX Design. The field is far more complex than I envisioned, and this course gave me the basics for understanding how the process works.