Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

101 - 125 of 409 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Paula K

Dec 21, 2016

Great teacher, great short course for learning the lingo in the field. I recommended reading the books mentioned at the beginning of the course simultaneously with doing the course work.

By Yara-Nee D

Nov 21, 2016

It was very clear and detailed.

The Instructor's examples and demonstrations made it easy to understand. Great Introduction course.

By Deepak K

Mar 04, 2017

It's good to understand UX field and core definitions.

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

Best

By Abhinandan

Jan 30, 2017

Amazing start for me to think in lines with UX Design..

By Dhiraj A

Aug 17, 2017

The course has been designed lucidly for a beginner to get to understand the principals. It will help lay good foundation for working out good designs for an efficient, effective and satisfying User Experience

By Valerie

Jun 27, 2017

Thank you Rosa! great course! :) I really enjoy it!

By Julia H

Jan 14, 2018

It is great for total beginners.

Since I am a product designer by profession, I expected more information.

By andrés r r d

Aug 22, 2017

Is a very useful course for people who are interested in UX, the teacher, the material and the summary are complete to introducing you in this world

By Ivan T

Jun 15, 2017

Nice introduction!

By Marina

Oct 12, 2017

Good introduction to UX design.

By Kitty H

Aug 16, 2017

As an introductory, it offers the basic info of UX design and made me interested in it. Look forward to related advanced courses.

By Sitara

Sep 20, 2017

Perfect for a beginner such as myself. Well taught

By Ekaterina

Jan 08, 2017

Excellent presentation of the material. Concise and to the point. I wish there were more courses by this professor in depth for FREE. I know, I know, I want a lot. :) Thank you for a great introduction!!!

By Aditi G

Oct 16, 2017

Very helpful content for the freshers in the filed of UXD. Great Work! Thank you.

By Debajyoti C

Jan 24, 2018

The course content was very crisp although had a comfortable coverage so as to help in real life cases.

By Huang

Jul 06, 2017

excellent~!

By José R M G

Aug 25, 2017

Very well explained and the tools provided in the resources were very useful

By Liwen X

Jan 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course because it laid out the topics in a very easily understandable way!

By Praveen K K

Aug 27, 2017

Nice Detailing

By Reubin D

Jan 08, 2017

This course does a wonderful job of using real world examples to better explain the theory. I came into this course somewhat familiar with UX design and now I am eager to learn more. Thanks

By Shannon O

Jun 05, 2017

Excellent course!

By Nadiia B

May 11, 2017

It was really interesting and useful. And after this course I think, I want to continue to learn this topic, thanks.

By Luca B

Sep 21, 2017

Well taught, interesting, tangible teachings

By SHRIYA S