Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

RT
Jul 4, 2020

For an introductory course, this is very efficient and effective in learning terminologies and get a good high-level understanding of Process, types and common techniques used in Design process :)

151 - 175 of 857 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Nica P

Sep 1, 2020

Easy and clear introduction. Really enjoyed the video's as it was explained very well. Good questions, not super easy but not to difficult either.

By Davmarius N

Apr 25, 2020

I am so glad I took the course! The Professor was great! Now that I have taken the course, I know I am better equipped for software development.

By Rizki N A

Sep 23, 2020

Thank you so much for this lesson, it really help me a lot for understanding user experience design especially on 4 user interface design cycle

By Lucia N

Apr 11, 2020

Kind of easy, a little tedious at times, could be a little more interactive. But just what i was looking for, now i have an overall ideal of UX

By Daniel

Jun 25, 2019

Simple to understand and concise enough for a intro course. Each modules are of the appropriate length of time - not too long or too short.

By Rex O O

Aug 15, 2017

A good starting point for people who are new to UX! It's a good course that open the way for better understanding the concepts of UX design.

By Nicolás I G R

Aug 28, 2020

Muy buen curso. Conciso y claro para quienes deseen introducirse en el mundo del Diseño de Experiencia o aclarar algunas dudas al respecto.

By Jack W G I

Jun 3, 2019

Great introduction to UX/UI Design. I throughly enjoyed the course and highly recommend it to anyone considering a career in UXD. Thanks!

By Byron C

Oct 27, 2019

Good overview course. It would be nice to recommend specific follow on courses to take for those interested in learning more about UI/UX.

By Hernán J F

Oct 1, 2019

As a programmer, It's very hard to me to make usable designs. This course helped me a lot giving me a new approach, which is UX design :)

By Rudolph K

Mar 8, 2020

Superb content and delivery, the teacher is amazing at explaining, engaging and looks really friendly on top of that. Thank you so much!

By Vijeth R

Nov 28, 2018

Perfectly crafted for learning. Definitely a must take course for all the new to field UX Enthusiast. Thanks Coursera and Georgia Tech.

By Filatova A

Feb 22, 2018

That course is full of information.. I hope that will be enough for me as a begginner.

Thank you too much, good luck with new students :)

By Ellyne P

Mar 28, 2020

Very good introduction to User Experience! Thank you for educating us, I now have a framework if I have any UX projects moving forward.

By Nandita S

May 30, 2018

Excellent course which covers the basics of UX. Essential for anyone new to UX. Also gives ample and quality resources to delve deeper.

By noe s z

Jul 22, 2020

Good introductory Material to UIX, with astounding presentation. A refresher of some sort to me, don't regret for taking this course!

By Leslye Q

Oct 19, 2020

Es claro y práctico, también cuenta con buen material de lectura y fuentes de las que puedes aprender muchas más cosas. Recomendado.

By Renato S C

Jul 24, 2020

Direct but abrangent course. Gives us a wide vision of the matter and shows where and how to get deeper into it. Good introduction.

By Leandro S

Jan 10, 2018

In addition for my Industrial designer degree, the course presents a much accurate introduction approach to the UX Design universe.

By Yara-Nee D

Nov 20, 2016

It was very clear and detailed.

The Instructor's examples and demonstrations made it easy to understand. Great Introduction course.

By zhuolun x

Apr 30, 2020

I have learnt a lot from this course and it includes many rules of user experience design, which is pretty useful for new learner.

By Chang X

Feb 21, 2018

The professor illustrated all the terms very clearly. And this course is perfect for entering the field of user experience design!

By Kitty H

Aug 15, 2017

As an introductory, it offers the basic info of UX design and made me interested in it. Look forward to related advanced courses.

By Jason W

Jan 29, 2017

Great introduction to UX design. The concepts were easy to understand and the material was delivered in an easy to follow format.