Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

151 - 175 of 1,073 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Daniel A S

Apr 18, 2021

Hello!

I highly recommend this introductory course if you're interested in learning the basic concepts and having an idea of how things work.

It's quite accessible and intuitive!

By Sana M

Apr 17, 2021

The perfect introduction to UX design. It was interesting, easy to follow, and I would recommend it to anyone as the first step to learning more about this fascinating field.

By Tarisha S

Apr 4, 2021

I think this course provided a thorough introduction to the steps of UX design, and I feel like the knowledge I gained from this course will help me with my future endeavors.

By Mohamed M K

Jan 29, 2021

This course is well organized and the instructor are very good, It is your entry ket to the User Experience Design Field That is Cover the Main Concept Of the User Experience

By Tomaz S

Nov 29, 2020

Great course to get an overview of the UX design process and to learn the basic concepts and techniques. A great starting point for someone who knows nothing about the topic.

By A N

Apr 22, 2021

This course was absolutely structured and helpful for people like me who are changing career paths. I’m glad I have found this course and learnt the basics at great measure.

By Susan H

Aug 23, 2018

Clear instruction on the basics of user experience design. The right amount of information was presented for the beginner course - concepts were repeated and explained tho

By Samip J

Feb 10, 2018

The course content was really helpful for beginners. It would be great to see some real life examples like how companies are using these steps to achieve user satisfaction.

By Joshua K

Nov 2, 2020

Excellent introductory course. I was able to follow the lessons from scratch (and pass lol) despite having ZERO experience. I look forward to taking more advanced courses.

By Mingjia Y

Feb 19, 2020

A good course for the introduction of User Experience Design! It is easy to follow, and the quizzes after class are useful to help me review the knowledge in the classes.

By Juans P

Oct 23, 2019

Increíble. Muy bueno y muy sencillo. La profesora es muy clara en cada concepto e ilustra muy bien cada paso para lograr una experiencia deleitable para nuestros usuarios

By sihem l

Sep 24, 2020

i have enjoyed this course, very interesting i recommend it for all people who want to obtain aa horizontal view of user experience. thank you georgia tech and coursera.

By Anish P

Mar 27, 2021

It's a good course for beginners who are in search of learning the UX Design Process. A must try to learn and gain some knowledge from this course. Highly Recommended!

By Carolina V

Jan 9, 2019

Really good introductory course to user experience design! I have understood a lot of aspects related to design that will allow me to work better with the design team.

By Andrew W

Sep 16, 2018

The videos were quick, easy, and informative. They are a good overview. The website links were much more in-depth and very helpful; I foresee using them in the future.

By alice r

Apr 17, 2017

I am a product designer and found this course very relevant, easy to understand and has great referencing information. I will be continuing my learning in this area.

By Pravin P

May 22, 2017

Useful course especially for engineers who are involved in the functional design of the software. The course lets them understand the importance of usable software.

By Shaza M

The course was very informative for a beginner, and Dr. Rosa explained the topics clearly. I enjoyed the provided resources as well. Thanks for such a good course.

By 정문정

Jan 3, 2021

An informative class to build a base to the User Experience Design. If you have an interest to start navigate this field, highly recommend to try this course out.

By Hana R

Oct 10, 2020

The courses give me a very straight-forward big picture of User Experience Design. I recommend this for everyone who interested in UX but not sure where to start.

By Iman N

Sep 16, 2020

As an introductory course, taking this course was a great decision. it covers all the essential material for user experience design within a short period of time.

By Petr M

Mar 3, 2021

Great course.

Showing the right answer in test /in case of wrong answer/ can be very useful.

In case of wrong answer you can see only that the answer was wrong.

By Varun K

Jul 11, 2020

Really great course for anyone staring UX design. Covers all the basics in-depth with suitable examples. Ample resources and quizzes are really well structured.

By Uzair T

The course is very well versed. It gives you an overview of User Experience Design. Looking forward to dive deep in the concepts and pursue career in the field.

By Hyeonsu L

Oct 24, 2017

I enjoyed this course as my first course on Coursera. I've been interested in UX Design as a software engineer. I could see briefly how UX design process works.