Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

251 - 275 of 1,070 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Hadiya A

Sep 3, 2020

This course really helped me in learning the process and techniques need to be followed in use interface design

By Eugenia K

May 17, 2021

Loved this course! Only thing to improve would be that I cannot see the correct answer when I get a wrong one.

By Ewa P

Feb 4, 2021

Methodical, organizing knowledge, well organized and full of information. I am very satisfied with the course.

By Saloni C

Sep 22, 2020

Very informative course. Its a perfect way to begin learning about the very basics of User Experience Design.

By Evi P

Sep 9, 2020

I find this course very good and useful to start learning about UX design, very short, clear and informative.

By Debora M

Jul 22, 2020

I really liked this course because it was clearly explained all the basics aspects of User Experience Design.

By Богдана А

Jan 18, 2021

Thanks to this course I've learned the basic theory of UX design and found some literature to read about it.

By Lita V

Jun 12, 2020

It really easy to understand the introduction to User Experience Design for the beginner like me. Thank you.

By Emmanuelo a

Professor Rosa was so explicite and clear. She' s so professional. I would like to take more course with her

By 薛志蒋豪

Jan 16, 2019

Let me have a preliminary understanding of user experience and learn some English vocabulary and expressions

By Tob C

Jun 11, 2018

If you need a quick and basic course for UX Design, this is it. You can finish this course in a week or two.

By ashokbm123

Jul 24, 2017

It will be very useful for all UX/UI beginner. I will recommend my colleagues to do this course. Thanks Team

By Nabeel A S

Mar 23, 2021

It was very informative and knowledgeable specially as a novice. I hope to learn more from similar courses.

By Mehek S

Mar 12, 2021

Really good course for beginners. I think they should add tools (to be used) as well for learning purposes.

By Ernesto M

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente introducción a la experiencia de usuario y como poner en el centro del diseño a nuestros clientes

By Putri M L B I

Sep 26, 2020

I quickly understand the steps of the user experience design with a simple but meaningful material carrier.

By Sola J D

Jul 28, 2020

Was well structured and straight to the point. it was easily relatable to various industrious and products.

By Rosario A P

May 31, 2021

Excellent course for beginners. I love how teacher explain the course: very simple and easy to understand.

By FRANCESCA Y D G

Sep 29, 2020

Really great course! The content was easy to follow and the instructor was great in getting points across!

By Berly S

Sep 26, 2020

Good courses to learn User Experience Design for beginner, The material is explained very well and clearly

By MALAVIKA P

Jul 26, 2020

The course gives the learner a different perspective of designing . A perspective from USERS point of view

By Diana A T R

Sep 23, 2019

Excelente contenido, plantea las bases de UX Design, los procesos que abarca y herramientas que se aplican

By Julia H

Jan 14, 2018

It is great for total beginners.

Since I am a product designer by profession, I expected more information.

By Subha

Jan 24, 2017

Simple and easy to understand and yet learnt a lot. Was able to complete even during a busy work schedule.

By Aditya P

Mar 31, 2019

A highly informative and precise introductory course for anyone looking to break into Interaction Design!