Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

251 - 275 of 409 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Helen

Aug 07, 2018

Great course for basic and fundamentals of UX. Might need more practical hands-on experience.

By Risyad S

Jul 18, 2018

more interesting if the quiz more on case with pictures, not only multiple choices

By Shikhar C

Oct 19, 2018

The teacher speaks beautifully. But, her eye movements are too evident and it gives away that she is reading it all. That reduces some interest. But none the less, this course has helped me a lot. I have gained surely. Thanks Coursera.

By Bhaswant

Mar 11, 2018

More practical usecases would have been engaging. Otherwise, knowledge wise good for introduction course.

By Vanessa P M d S

Jun 19, 2017

Easy to follow, good teacher, good content. I would suggest to include more real examples for each concept.

By Stephan J W

Aug 22, 2017

Excellent as an introductory course, with concepts explained clearly and succinctly. A few more case studies or practical examples may have been beneficial, but overall this course is excellent.

By 韩涵

Jan 08, 2017

A very very basic but complete introduction for anyone who just wondering what UX is, or who want to structural his/her own practice in a logical and systematic manner.

It also shows ideas if you want to understand deeper.

Took me one day to go through the whole course. FYI.

By Shohanda A

Feb 09, 2018

This is a very good course. It covers the main points in the user experience design and it's a good to step to start learn out this field.

By Luong C C

May 06, 2017

Understand about what we should do to make the product useful and usable

By Nicholas F G

Jul 03, 2017

Concepts are easy to understand and follow. However, I would have liked more exercises with plan of attack of a given short scenario to help with memorability.

By Irene G M E

Aug 09, 2016

Fast and practical. When I wanted to learn the basics of UX, this course gave me all the important elements I need to understand. Plus, I was able to start sketching right away and implement my ideas at work.

By Jinder

Oct 19, 2017

Enjoyed the course, but wish the slides were available as a download.

By Philip M

Feb 20, 2018

Excellent Course on User Exper

By Alexandra M

Oct 09, 2016

A bit short, did help with structuring the UX process but I feel it was very very basic so probably more suitable to people that just start their journey in UXland

By Melanie R

Oct 03, 2017

I liked the theory of this class and felt the teacher to really cater to the lowest common denominator, which is me. I am a complete beginner and really felt this class was helpful to me. There could have been a little more engagement -- I like the quizzes during the videos, which really make sure the participants are paying attention.

By Anthony R

Jul 24, 2017

Great course, very informative.

By Isabel R

May 22, 2017

Good overview of UX.

By Deepika N

Aug 06, 2017

A good start for learners who are new to software industry but are computer-literate. Personally, being in IT industry for more than 5 years, I expected to get some more information on how the goals could be achieved, which softwares could be used and how, etc.. a little macro / high-level course for me, but I will definitely look into taking in-depth course, that the instructor mentioned.

Good Luck !!!

By Hadwin Z

Dec 23, 2016

It is very useful course

By Salma S A A A N

Jun 16, 2017

Very good option for people seeking basic knowledge about UXD

By Lee L

Oct 15, 2017

This course provides exactly what it promises, a basic introduction to UX terms and concepts. I think it does an excellent job of clarifying these ideas, but more is needed to help students decide whether they are qualified for this career.

By Tanuj B

Sep 04, 2017

Not a bad introduction, evaluations were too easy. Would have liked something more challenging

By Lester D

Aug 26, 2016

This course is a very informative & comprehensive course for Beginners. it covers the foundational aspects of UX design. Thanks to Dr. Rosa I. Arriaga & Georgia Institute of Technology.

By Bedanta D

Jun 16, 2017

Great course to brush up your basics in user experience design

By Maziel S J C

Oct 03, 2016

Conceptos muy básicos pero sin duda funcionales y necesarios para quien inicia en el User Experience Design.