Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

51 - 75 of 1,020 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By John G

Jul 11, 2017

Great Course. Nicely presented and very informative. Enjoyed it.

Opportunity for improvement would be being able to review the quizzes for the answers you got wrong. (ie you got 8 out of 10, but you'll never find out what the answers were for the 2 you got incorrect. It would be good for learning outcomes to understand where you went wrong.)

By Aleksandra C

Mar 31, 2021

I appreciate a lot this way of overviewing the material concerning UX Design basis. I need to admit that it is very basic course for freshWOmen like me :), so if you jusy start and want to check if UX is at all for you - try "Introduction to User Experience Design". Ending this five panels I feel like trying to go deeper in this field!

By Benjamin S

May 3, 2017

I'm almost finished with all of the lectures and the course gives a really good introduction to the topic. What I like is that at the beginning of each video the learner is provided with a recap of the essence of this course and a short summary of the previous lecture. Its perfect for beginners and the level is not too demanding at all.

By Quay W

Oct 9, 2019

This course was a great introduction to user experience design and the methods to create informed design with user input and feedback. I truly believe to create the best design you need critical data from users prior to , during, and after the design; this class taught me how to utilize the 4 step UI design process to do just that!

By Vatsala R

Jul 13, 2020

Best course that would definitely be an Eye-Opener about User-Experience Designing. Kindled more and more interest towards the subject. Concepts taught are fantastic and very clear. I would really recommend this course for those who have passion towards User Experience designing. A big thank to the mam who taught me this course.

By Alida I

Sep 13, 2020

Very informative, filtered necessary material content is provided in the session. The language is easy to understand the terminology and concepts for those who are new in the field. Highly recommended to those who want to know what this career is about and what to expect in the future. Thank you for the professional work done!

By ankita m

Sep 4, 2020

A wonderful experience of learning UX with ease. I have been learning the UI design piece myself ( mostly HTML/CSS and Bootstrap) and this UX design added a new vision towards my learning. Being a manager and working with my team and learning all aspects of engineering/design and operations gives a boost in career. Thanks.

By Anthony B

Jan 13, 2021

This course taught me, as a professional designer, that the thought behind User Experience Design is entirely different than the physical process of drawing boxes and buttons. It also showed me that with the proper preparation, making a design that works to make the user's job easier will be a lot simpler and more logical.

By virender g

Aug 20, 2019

Rosa, the instructor conveyed the concepts with easy-to-grasp language and presentation. Her expertise in the subject is very evident in the course. I sped through the course in a matter of days. The learning resources provided helped in increasing my understanding of the subject - Effective, Efficient, and Easy to Apply!

By Manuel G R

Nov 4, 2020

Thank you very much for this introductory course. As an industrial designer, I had many doubts about what UX and UI were. With this course I was able to understand and learn new concepts about these methodologies that are helping designers and other professionals to understand and improve the performance of their work.

By Alessandra M

Jan 7, 2017

Very good instructor, easy to follow and to remember what was explained. This course fulfilled my expectations by giving a good overview on the topic and a basis for further studies. I also liked that the tests were not too easy and covered all the topics explained in the videos. This makes it easier to remember them.

By Amber H

Mar 7, 2021

While, initially, a little challenging for me in the sense that it's been a LOOONNNGGG time since I've had to think in a "classroom learning" way, I found this course easy to listen to and follow along. It was also set up so as to work with my process of retention. Excited to view and take more courses!

By Virginia K

Aug 22, 2019

I think this course is great for those people that had never had interaction with the field of HCI. I'm enrolled in the GaTEch masters in computer Science and thoroughly enjoyed this course because of the wealth of information as well as resources. The instructor was very calm, encouraging and delightful.

By Miriam V L

Feb 24, 2019

If you're looking for an introduction, this is it! I supplemented the course by listening to Don Norman's "The design of Everyday Things" and both were wonderful. I plan to take a boot camp in UX this year, and now I feel a bit more prepared for the challenge! Thanks to Coursera-it was easy on my wallet.

By Alice

Apr 29, 2017

This is a easy, simple but great course for people who are interested in Ux and have no much knowledge or experience about it. This course gives me a basic overview of User Experience Design and some basic techniques. I hope Georgia Tech could provide more advanced course regarding Ux on Coursera.

By Angelika L

Sep 13, 2016

This is a great introduction for a professional who seeks to understand his co-workers in UX. The concepts are explained clearly and concisely, everything that is presented in the course is useful and to some degree builds upon previous material. Recommend to those who are interested in the topic.

By Sofija S

Oct 22, 2019

The course covered everything theoretically a beginner should know in the User Experience field. The instructor was detailed, clear and very pleasant to listen to. I have learned so much by taking this course and I highly recommend it to every UX beginner, to deepen their theoretical knowledge.

By Raza A

Aug 15, 2017

I have been a 'self taught' UX specialist for a very long time but was lacking the understanding of UX jargon. This introductory course covered the fundamentals from theoretical as well as practical angle. The instructor was pleasant to hear and watch because of her excellent teaching style.

By Goretty A O

I love the way Dr. Rosa explains everything step by step and for the assignment, if you fail you have 3 attempts to redo the assignment.

We are currently redesigning our app and what I have learned is going to add value through my design thinking process.

A lot of thanks to Georgia Tech

By Virgilio V

Jun 26, 2020

I feel the course was a great way to get an introduction to user experience design. The additional resources are really interesting and offer great insight into the topics discussed in the course. The modules were very straightforward and I really enjoyed Dr. Arriaga's explanations.

By Penny M

Feb 7, 2021

It tackles many interesting concepts and it´s really well explained, a very interesting approach to User Experience, even for those who are not familiarize with that field.

I highly recommend you this course, give it a try if you want to learn more about this topic in a useful way.

By shijiahui

May 4, 2020

First,I want to appreciate the teacher of this course.It is very easy to learn and now i probably understand basis knowledge about Interactional design.

Second,via this course, I think I love Interactional design,I will learn it deeply.

From a Chinese students.

By Keith C J J

Apr 1, 2021

This was definitely an excellent introductory course; however, the questions that are asked should be a bit more challenging to test the learning of the material. Otherwise great course to get started in UX Design; it taught me a lot about topics I didn't know with UX Design.

By Amy L

Aug 8, 2017

Really amazing introductory course to someone who had no prior knowledge of what User Experience Design is. This course covers all the fundamentals and key terms you need to know about UX Design, with lots of good information from other websites and sources. Highly recommend!

By Jesse S

May 7, 2020

Straight forward and to the point, just the way I like it. There was some transcribing errors and the teachers's accent and language use is confusing at times. But that being said still a great coarse and I will recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about UX Design.