Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

RT
Jul 4, 2020

For an introductory course, this is very efficient and effective in learning terminologies and get a good high-level understanding of Process, types and common techniques used in Design process :)

201 - 225 of 913 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Chunmei M

Nov 20, 2016

Very clear and easy for me, as I'm very new to this field. By taking this course, I learned how to conduct a UX design.

By Suzanne R

Sep 20, 2020

Great videos that walk you through and introduce you to the User Design Experience. Supplied reading was very helpful.

By Corinna F

Apr 15, 2020

Concepts well explained, clear and logical: fine structured. It seems short but it's rich of concept and definitions.

By Rebecca J M

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent introduction! I enjoyed the class and feel like I walked away with an understanding of the Design process.

By Nadiia B

May 11, 2017

It was really interesting and useful. And after this course I think, I want to continue to learn this topic, thanks.

By Tomasz S

Sep 4, 2016

Very useful course that gave a nice insight into the broad area of UX. Very good starting point for further studies.

By Sanskrity G

Jul 18, 2020

Very well curated for UX fundamentals. This is for beginners to introduce them to basics of user experience design.

By AYUSH Y

May 1, 2020

This course helped a lot in understanding what is User Experience Design and how we can get started in this field.

By Mugdha V

Feb 16, 2020

A good introductory course. Must be followed up with hands-on exercises and more specialized courses in UX design.

By Michael T

Aug 19, 2019

Great! The Course is easy to understand and have a great value for those who want to learn User Experience Design.

By Joey T

Dec 6, 2020

This was extremely informative for beginners! A great first step to get your foot into the door of UX/UI design!

By Rehan H

Oct 9, 2020

Concepts were deeply explained and almost every topic (user psychology) was covered in this course. I liked it !

By Tamires D S

Apr 3, 2019

É um ótimo curso introdutório, cheio de textos fundamentais para iniciar na área. Voltarei a revisar cada etapa!

By Hadiya A

Sep 3, 2020

This course really helped me in learning the process and techniques need to be followed in use interface design

By Saloni C

Sep 22, 2020

Very informative course. Its a perfect way to begin learning about the very basics of User Experience Design.

By Evi P

Sep 9, 2020

I find this course very good and useful to start learning about UX design, very short, clear and informative.

By Debora M

Jul 22, 2020

I really liked this course because it was clearly explained all the basics aspects of User Experience Design.

By Богдана А

Jan 18, 2021

Thanks to this course I've learned the basic theory of UX design and found some literature to read about it.

By Lita V

Jun 12, 2020

It really easy to understand the introduction to User Experience Design for the beginner like me. Thank you.

By Emmanuelo a

Professor Rosa was so explicite and clear. She' s so professional. I would like to take more course with her

By 薛志蒋豪

Jan 16, 2019

Let me have a preliminary understanding of user experience and learn some English vocabulary and expressions

By Tob C

Jun 11, 2018

If you need a quick and basic course for UX Design, this is it. You can finish this course in a week or two.

By ashokbm123

Jul 24, 2017

It will be very useful for all UX/UI beginner. I will recommend my colleagues to do this course. Thanks Team

By Ernesto M

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente introducción a la experiencia de usuario y como poner en el centro del diseño a nuestros clientes

By Putri M L B I

Sep 26, 2020

I quickly understand the steps of the user experience design with a simple but meaningful material carrier.