Back to User Experience: Research & Prototyping

Learner Reviews & Feedback for User Experience: Research & Prototyping by University of California San Diego

What makes for a great user experience? How can you consistently design experiences that work well, are easy to use and people want to use? This course will teach you the core process of experience design and how to effectively evaluate your work with the people for whom you are designing. You'll learn fundamental methods of design research that will enable you to effectively understand people, the sequences of their actions, and the context in which they work. Through the assignments, you’ll learn practical techniques for making sense of what you see and transform your observations into meaningful actionable insights and unique opportunity areas for design. You’ll also explore how to generate ideas in response to the opportunities identified and learn methods for making your ideas tangible. By answering specific questions and refining your concepts, you’ll move closer to making your ideas real. We’ll use cases from a variety of industries including health, education, transportation, finance, and beyond to illustrate how these methods work across different domains. Good luck and we hope you enjoy the course!...

HH

Feb 27, 2016

Really good course.\n\nHelped me understand the importance of interviews in making a product\n\nHelped me come up with many ideas for a single problem\n\ngave me a 260 degree view of user experience

GM

Mar 25, 2019

One of the greatest course on the whole specialisation. Very well written assignments and guidelines. The rest of specialisation should be like that!

51 - 75 of 120 Reviews for User Experience: Research & Prototyping

By Ana C J

Aug 09, 2016

Muy util !! me encanto

By Prakriti M

Mar 28, 2017

Each Module of this course is about the actual work that is done in this field. If you enjoy being challenged this is the course for you.

By Thomas L

Jul 11, 2017

This is a great course!

By Abhyuday D

Dec 14, 2016

Very informative Course. Clear value addition.

By Muhammad R H

Nov 20, 2017

very much engaging !

By Fermin L

Dec 12, 2016

This course provides a clear and straight-to-the-point approach to UX research and prototyping methodologies. The assignments really put knowledge acquired through lessons into practice. And the way in which peer-review exercises are guided makes the learning experience easy and entertaining.

By Khairul A

Feb 09, 2016

Learn about user research and ideas generation!

By ADRIAN Z

Jun 18, 2017

This is my favorite course!

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

Best Course

By Angel L M J

Mar 24, 2017

By now ( during the specialization) one of the most challenging courses. But worth the effort.

By Maria G P

Jun 26, 2016

Being a woman I love seeing Elizabeth Gerber talking about design. She is so passionate about the topic, it translates into the videos. Also great interview with Michael Chapman from IDEO!, I felt that just like him I want to help other people and I can do it in this field.

I have been inspired to create something, have plenty of ideas. But now I have the tools, thank you!

One thing about the course is perhaps the thing in all coursera's classmates evaluation issues. For example: A value of 2 points including a persona's image - What if the person just made a completely different persona? - This was pretty hard to me 2 of my classmates enter wrong information about their persona and yet I was just evaluating if they have made it or not (0 or 2pts).

By Mellina M Y Y

Mar 21, 2016

Professor Elizabeth is very excited for the subject and it's very contagious! UX: Reseach & Prototyping inspired me and helped me a lot with my own design process and how to do research better.

Thank you very much!

By Elle K P L

Jun 29, 2018

My favorite part is the ideation. The techniques to generate and evaluate ideas are very effective. I'm trying to apply them more often.

By Vignesh N K K R

Jun 20, 2018

Though I've done some user research before, this course introduced me to some new approaches to it and a structured way of thinking about it. The teacher is super clear with her explanations, with real-life examples from her own past work.

By pathan n

Jul 16, 2017

Course was very helpful to gain knowledge also assignments brilliantly verify it.

Good experience and learning.

By Gisella E O

Oct 06, 2018

Excellent course! have taught me tools to execute UX in an easy way.

By Petros T

Jan 10, 2016

Excellent!

By Mariam E

Dec 09, 2015

Very useful. I liked the presentation that contains summary of what the teacher said in the video.

By Giny C

May 06, 2019

Interesting and practical course. Highly recommended.

By Garoli

Nov 13, 2017

I like very much this course ! Practical and functional !

By Winnie C

Jul 04, 2019

This is my favorite course so far out of all the courses in the specialization!

By Tamella H

Oct 02, 2017

loved this class!

By Sathish K A R

Feb 12, 2019

Awesome!!

By Rajan S

Jul 12, 2017

My first online certificate experience that too from a reputed university. Loved it.

By Adolfo R

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course! I reviewed everything we've learned in the Specialisation so far and more in-depth. I really enjoyed it. And the final quiz let me fix everything I've learned in my mind. I liked it, even though I'm scared of quizzes!