Back to User Experience: Research & Prototyping

Learner Reviews & Feedback for User Experience: Research & Prototyping by University of California San Diego

What makes for a great user experience? How can you consistently design experiences that work well, are easy to use and people want to use? This course will teach you the core process of experience design and how to effectively evaluate your work with the people for whom you are designing. You'll learn fundamental methods of design research that will enable you to effectively understand people, the sequences of their actions, and the context in which they work. Through the assignments, you’ll learn practical techniques for making sense of what you see and transform your observations into meaningful actionable insights and unique opportunity areas for design. You’ll also explore how to generate ideas in response to the opportunities identified and learn methods for making your ideas tangible. By answering specific questions and refining your concepts, you’ll move closer to making your ideas real. We’ll use cases from a variety of industries including health, education, transportation, finance, and beyond to illustrate how these methods work across different domains. Good luck and we hope you enjoy the course!...

HH

Feb 27, 2016

Really good course.\n\nHelped me understand the importance of interviews in making a product\n\nHelped me come up with many ideas for a single problem\n\ngave me a 260 degree view of user experience

GM

Mar 25, 2019

One of the greatest course on the whole specialisation. Very well written assignments and guidelines. The rest of specialisation should be like that!

51 - 75 of 120 Reviews for User Experience: Research & Prototyping

Jan 10, 2016

Excellent!

By Syed M

Feb 07, 2016

Excellent!!! My time spent on this was worth it.

By Ashni

Oct 17, 2016

The course content was very crisp and easy to understand. The assignments and suggested reading helped me get a better understanding of the topic.

By Kenneth B

Jan 21, 2016

Very insightful!

By Elle K P L

Jun 29, 2018

My favorite part is the ideation. The techniques to generate and evaluate ideas are very effective. I'm trying to apply them more often.

By Vignesh N K K R

Jun 20, 2018

Though I've done some user research before, this course introduced me to some new approaches to it and a structured way of thinking about it. The teacher is super clear with her explanations, with real-life examples from her own past work.

By ADRIAN Z

Jun 18, 2017

This is my favorite course!

By Angel L M J

Mar 24, 2017

By now ( during the specialization) one of the most challenging courses. But worth the effort.

By Mellina M Y Y

Mar 21, 2016

Professor Elizabeth is very excited for the subject and it's very contagious! UX: Reseach & Prototyping inspired me and helped me a lot with my own design process and how to do research better.

Thank you very much!

By Tudor M

Nov 07, 2016

great course

By Erica F

Jul 10, 2016

Great, interactive assignments that are clear, relevant, and a lot of fun to do.

By Vanessa T

Feb 04, 2016

Great course!

By Rajan S

Jul 12, 2017

My first online certificate experience that too from a reputed university. Loved it.

By Ramya R

May 28, 2018

The course material and assignments are absolutely fun and boosts our creativity to make all of us design thinkers. Before this course, I didn't understand the fact that experiences are designed not only for the digital media, but also for physical environments. I would have never imagined designing real "experiences" until I took up this course

By Louis S

Sep 17, 2017

Great module all around

By ChiChin C

Nov 03, 2016

very nice and detail course.

By Nicolas D G N

Jul 19, 2017

Great!

By Soyeon S

Feb 04, 2018

Such a wonderful experience do interviewing people and write ideas.

By harshitha

Feb 27, 2016

Really good course.

Helped me understand the importance of interviews in making a product

Helped me come up with many ideas for a single problem

gave me a 260 degree view of user experience

By Tetiana T

Apr 23, 2018

Really useful course!

By Lainy D

Mar 12, 2018

I took this course back in 2016 as an introductory course to UX Research. It was good to understand how things work and the steps to go through in research. however, i realise its true benefit after completing my research internship at Google. The program content is very close to what should be done in big organisation. My one regret is not to rewatch it sooner.

By Tania P

Feb 03, 2018

I enjoyed the course. It has a nice balance of theory and practice. Thanks to the instructors for putting this course together!

By Siim S

Mar 31, 2018

Great experience, learned a lot and was enjoyable! :)

By Mariam E

Dec 09, 2015

Very useful. I liked the presentation that contains summary of what the teacher said in the video.