Back to Managing an Agile Team

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing an Agile Team by University of Virginia

While agile has become the de facto standard for managing digital innovation teams, many wonder if they’re doing it ‘right’. Twitter is full of jokes about how teams say they do agile but don’t ‘really’ do it. The reality is that getting the most out of agile is less about observing specific procedures and more about how a team focuses and measures their progress. Rather than just boring you with an accounting of agile methodologies, this course focuses on helping you better charter your team’s focus, definition of success, and practice of agile. While learning about agile mainstays like Scrum, XP, and kanban, you’ll also learn to help your team ask the right questions about how they’re working and facilitate good answers on how agile can help. This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

FB
Nov 12, 2018

I have learned new things about agile practices and it worth the time to take the course. Sometimes I had the impression that some subject are vague, but overall the course rised to the expectations

EG
Dec 11, 2019

This course was Excellent. The Instructor is very engaging and kept my attention through all of the 4 weeks of class. The Assignment was extremely helpful in applying the learning to a project.

51 - 75 of 261 Reviews for Managing an Agile Team

By Dion S B

Aug 1, 2017

This is an interesting course that provides critical information regarding collaboration with key stakeholders outside the scrum team. I use lessons learned in the course daily.

By Nadeem J

Oct 2, 2017

This is a super course... After taking this course now I am really feeling confident to lead a team with more skills. This course taught me how to quantify the team management.

By Veniamin F

Jan 18, 2021

Lots of good content and balance of expert interviews and examples from Spotify and Salesforce. One of my favorite courses in the Digital Product Management Specialization.

By Ghaith A

Mar 30, 2020

Excellent, very well structured course, relating closely to the work environment. Putting great resources at your disposal to use for any future course related assignment.

By Amer A

May 4, 2017

I did a couple of other courses on other websites about the same subject and they really pale in comparison. Very Informative and I feel like I am ready for the next step.

By Seline F

Sep 23, 2019

Excellent material & experiences shared throughout the course. highly recommended for people planning to transition from traditional methodologies to agile methodologies.

By Iryna S

Oct 5, 2020

It was my first time doing a course on Coursera and I have fully enjoyed it! I really like the structure and the last assignment we had was precious! Thanks a lot!!!

By Jyoti M

Alex was very practical while explaining Agile concepts and practices. Real industry experience was shared during the course, which for me was a effective thing.

By Vincenzo T

Aug 30, 2021

Excellent Course about Agile methodology and team management. I'd recommend to whom would like to explore other PM practices and processes, other than EVMS.

By Andre L

Sep 1, 2020

Good Course with some real good real life examples provided as well as numerous good tools and guidance material which canbe applied in day to day business.

By Tessa A

Aug 6, 2021

This course has been very helpful in me understanding how to manage an agile as my company tries to integrate agile practices to some of our projects.

By Georgina S

Aug 27, 2020

Very insightful course content which went at a good pace. Peer review assignment was most useful in cementing the learning. Would highly recommend!

By Wollfgang A

Dec 4, 2020

Excellent course and all specialization, very clear examples, teaching with method and very useful interviews and with high professionalism.

By Harshvardhan R

Aug 30, 2019

Thanks for the Guidance Alex. It was indeed an interesting course and i would like to pursue more such courses.

with regards

Harshvardhan Raut

By Molly J

Apr 5, 2020

Great course. I liked having other people interviewed so it was not all just the teacher talking. Also liked the visuals, they helped me t

By Raunak R

Jun 1, 2020

Beautifully constructed course which helps you understand the fundamentals and specific industry standard inputs of agile methodologies.

By tushar m

Jul 29, 2020

I have learned a lot of details on Agile practice and ready to implement in the team. The industry experts modules were very insightful

By Stefanie P

Dec 6, 2020

The perfect course for an IT teamlead / IT project manager

Good tools and nice metrics to steer some greater jobs

Agile is the Future!!!

By CHERYL J

Sep 2, 2020

Great course, interesting & informative.

Nice to see expert opinions & the chance to apply learning at the final assignment.

By Luisa F G T

Nov 30, 2020

Excellent MOOC! even if you are not a developer, this is a key course with amazing content for managing an agile team and projects.

By Jorge L H

Dec 27, 2018

Great course

Only by my side, the language is a problem (I don't have a great level in english but the course requires a good level)

By Akshaya S

Jun 9, 2020

Wonderful Course. Very helpful and made in a way that's very easy to understand. Thanks Coursera and Instructor Alex was fantastic

By Andy C

Sep 21, 2016

Videos are helpful and well done. Though I don't like the questions in the middle of a video, they interrupted the flow too much.

By Khozhylo M

Jul 14, 2020

It's a good and informative course. I took this course because I want to stude Agile. More new information for me. I recommende

By Liliana e G H

Oct 19, 2020

Helps me Increase Agility and Improving Processes. Release Planning. Team-Level Management.

Great education! Recomended 100%