Back to Continuous Delivery & DevOps

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Continuous Delivery & DevOps by University of Virginia

Amazon famously delivers new code every 11.6 seconds. Just a few years ago, this was unthinkable: many ‘cutting edge’ firms would release software quarterly. When it comes to digital innovation, velocity is critical and many would say it’s the most reliable determinant of success. Bringing an organization to the state of the art (or even functional capability) in this area requires strong work in a combination of disciplines and a combination of both technical and managerial skills. There is no single cookie-cutter approach for achieving this capability. Much like agile, the right focus and formulation depends a lot on the facts and circumstances of the team. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, will provide you with the interdisciplinary skill set to cultivate a continuous deployment capability in your organization. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Diagnose a team’s delivery pipeline and bring forward prioritized recommendations to improve it 2. Explain the skill sets and roles involved in DevOps and how they contribute toward a continuous delivery capability 3. Review and deliver automation tests across the development stack 4. Explain the key jobs of system operations and how today’s leading techniques and tools apply to them 5. Explain how high-functioning teams use DevOps and related methods to reach a continuous delivery capability 6. Facilitate prioritized, iterative team progress on improving a delivery pipeline...

JU
Jan 10, 2021

I am so glad that I took this course. The instructor was excellent - clearly explained things, and made it easy to comprehend the learning objectives, even without having experience writing code.

LL
Sep 19, 2020

One of the most "beautifully" executed course. I enjoyed ! Yes , I enjoyed this course !\n\nAnd I have a suggestion, don't start with devops by "installing jenkins" .\n\nStart with this course !

76 - 100 of 334 Reviews for Continuous Delivery & DevOps

By Teodor I

Jul 20, 2021

Amazing course to teach us the fundamentals of the ongoing CI/CI, and Dev, and Ops division in roles and their integration as well.

By Allister

Jun 11, 2020

Good course with real life examples of how people are using each stage - possibly final set of interviews biased to Circle CI

By Sujata A O

Course well Planned and design to understand the basic practices of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipeline.

By Dave F

Nov 3, 2019

Easy to follow with a lot of practical advice. It also looks at the rational for doing DevOps, which is a useful refresher

By Abhishek M

It was good course. Thanks for wonderful execution. I felt sometimes that language speed was high however was manageable.

By Rabindra S

Apr 30, 2021

Great course for understanding basics of CI/CD process and how different teams and tools fit into the DevOps process.

By Will L

Jan 1, 2021

Excellent course on CI/CD. Alex is great in explanation CI/CD and the different roles. The interviews are also good.

By Houman R

Jan 21, 2021

Interesting course with valuable information for those who want to learn about modern software development techniques

By Chiara L G R

Apr 7, 2019

really helpful especially the interview with real first hand people working within Delivery and Devops team. Thanks.

By Ghous K

Apr 9, 2020

I am quite impressed with the teaching methodology and topics that were selected by Alex Cowan, Highly recommended

By Kapil G

Jul 22, 2020

the Course content is too good and to understand. My experience is very nice on the Coursera.

Thank you, Coursera!

By James S K

Excellent course! Thanks Alex! The interviews were an excellent supplement to the core learning you provided.

By Mohamad S B S

Dec 10, 2019

It is very good for the beginner. A lot of info can be used to craft standard process for software development.

By Gaurav S

Aug 30, 2020

It really was a great learning with this course, got to know new things in the skills I thought I was good in.

By Sudhir S

Jun 28, 2020

Nice to have this course before investing on any payed course to get initial high label knowledge about CI CD.

By Gaurav G

Oct 3, 2019

This is very good basic course. It provided me one stop to learn about all the major concepts/tools on Dev Ops

By AmmͥบfͣfͫyiŇg

Feb 6, 2021

For Beginner like me in Quality Assurance field, it really helps me a lot to understand the concept of CI/CD.

By Carlos W E T

Nov 23, 2020

This course was a great source of information to face our own transit to continuos integration implementation

By Bipin B

Nov 5, 2020

Thank you so much for a amazing course help me understand concept of devops , pipelines , tests and the CI/CD

By Amit S J

Sep 23, 2019

Amazing insights on what DevOps is and how it brings value to your product.Great course with great facilitato

By J. J H

Apr 25, 2021

Great high level review. The best aspect of the course is the focus on culture rather than specific skills.

By Ruy F S d A

Mar 26, 2019

Although I did not paid for the certificate, I thought the subjects shown really good and well approached.

By Refiloe

Oct 23, 2020

I have learnt a lot from this course, I hope I will be able to implement the knowledge I have gained.

By GIRISH

Sep 9, 2019

Very Nice and informative course. Thanks Alex for the same. would like to do more courses on coursera

By Martin C

Nov 6, 2020

Great course for anyone that is not familiar on the topic. I am not a dev and understood everything!