Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF

Dec 23, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JK

Mar 14, 2018

Definitely the best online course I have taken. You get to learn a lot from this short term course and feel confident and ready to move onto more advanced topics in accounting. Highly recommended!

76 - 100 of 371 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

By Mohamed M I A

Jun 27, 2020

A great course for finance beginners or managers who didn't study finance before and in need to understanding financial statements and the accounting cycle

By Xavier S

Jul 04, 2020

Thank you !!! I am very happy to have this opportunity, and learned about all financial implication and support to improve my knowledge and skill at work.

By Luck R

Jun 06, 2020

This course is interesting, it helps me to build me foundation in accounting. Luann J.Lynch gives explained very well. Thank you for your good examples.

By Vaibhav S

Ms. Luaan Lynch was a very enthusiastic mentor and I was able to grasp the concepts in a very easy way. Thank you for making it so enjoyable and simpler

By Dragana Đ

Apr 05, 2020

This course is for everyone who does not have any prior knowledge in accounting and for everyone who would like check knowledge. Course is very clear .

By Odil N

Jul 08, 2020

excelente curso, la instructora explica de una manera clara y especifica, la facilidad de poder ver los videos cuando te quedan dudas es de gran ayuda.

By Anton P

Nov 11, 2019

Really helpful and informative introduction to the world of Finance. Thank you Luann for the clear and easy to learn instruction throughout the course.

By Shujie Z

Jun 19, 2020

This course is great. The professor explains things in an intuitive and clear way. The mentor in the discussion forum is also wonderful. Recommended!

By Brandi

Jun 10, 2020

She does a great job of breaking things down to make everything understandable, and then tying it all together to make the entire concept cohesive.

By Bharat P

May 15, 2020

A superlative course! I wanted to understand the fundamentals of accounting, and, thanks to this course, I do now! Looking forward to what's next!

By Edward C

Feb 23, 2020

GREAT course....enjoyed the material even though it is not a easy subject for me to get quickly...I did receive tools that I can use in the future

By Rosamary U

Jun 12, 2020

Thanks to Miss Lynch, it is the best class I ever taken, it helped me solve many questions. Excellent classes, material and super well explained.

By Daniel C

Mar 15, 2019

Great content, good pace, challenging quizzes. Coursera, I hoped I could have a 100% progress even without paying and taking the graded quizzes.

By Justin J

Sep 04, 2019

This course is great if you have no understanding of basic accounting or how to read a financial statement. It was fairly easy to follow along.

By Salma M

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you !! very much the course material was very helpful and professor Lynch was going step by step to make sure everything was fully clear

By Kottapalli A

Apr 13, 2020

The course was very informative and the instructor made everything seem very easy. I was a stranger to the topic and had no trouble learning.

By Alejandra M A P

Jun 15, 2020

The teacher Luann is very clear, I loved the course. I would be helpful to do some exercises in class like the ones that come in the quizzes

By Amit C

Jul 01, 2020

a bit dry with some of the week 4/5 work, but Cash Flow statement creation is just that. Good tempo, excellent content on the fundamentals.

By Homero J O A

Mar 19, 2019

A lot of fun for beginners like me! I think I can create and manage a Garden Spot! Thank to Ms. Luann Lynch and the University of Virginia.

By Ron C

Jun 26, 2017

The UVA professor was very informative in a way that made the financial information relatable and easier to understand. Great experience.

By Kartikeya S

Apr 16, 2020

extensive, and in simple language. The pace is also comfortable, and the tests are comprehensive and make you think and apply your mind.

By ZhaoDong

Apr 04, 2019

Very well-organised course taught by very powerful lecturer. Lectures combined with tutorial course enable me to understand even better.

By Brian A

Oct 01, 2018

I found this course well-taught and thoughtful. I think the course will help me better understand the finances of my medical practice.

By 王晓

Jun 07, 2018

Very interesting and helpful. Good course for beginners who want to learn some basic knowledge and concepts in accounting. Recommend it!

By Wenqing B

May 03, 2020

Love the teacher, so neat and clean, explain all concepts in a very easy and clean way to understand! Excellent Teacher! Loved it!