Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF

Dec 23, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JK

Mar 14, 2018

Definitely the best online course I have taken. You get to learn a lot from this short term course and feel confident and ready to move onto more advanced topics in accounting. Highly recommended!

76 - 100 of 287 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

By Alexander A V I

May 11, 2019

This course is more difficult than I thought. Great introduction to accounting. Week 4 and 5 is extremely hard so pay attention.

By Benet G

Feb 02, 2019

This course has really helped my understand in simple terms something that had occurred to me as complex. Excellent instructor.

By Alan X

Apr 11, 2020

From the class learning, I am sure to acheive my goal, but still need more practice and read more finical statement to must

By Molakapuri H

Dec 31, 2018

The course is well structured. The example sessions on balance statments, income statments and cashflows are quite helpful.

By Dustin E

Nov 26, 2019

Was very helpful in learning the Fundamentals of Accounting and helping my career position in Finance! Thank you so much!

By Faiz U

Aug 09, 2019

Excellent intro to financial statements. The explanations are clear and you will start reviewing statements without fear.

By Elaine P

Jun 08, 2019

I have learned a lot from these courses and many example are given to understand those concepts and rules. really helpful.

By Ping L

May 04, 2020

Enjoyed this type of education channel and very rewarding for me! The only thing is the Certificate is non-credit....

By Aliza A

Sep 21, 2019

Best for beginners and those who know absolutely nothing about the world of finance like I did. Not now no more :)))

By Mohamed K

Jan 27, 2019

Easy to follow and understand. I have the feeling that each small detail is given. Thank you for this opportunity.

By Rachel B

Overall very good course. I knew practically nothing about accounting going in, an I feel like I learned a lot.

By Muhannad A

Jul 02, 2019

One of the best courses that I have ever taken. I learned a great deal about accounting. I highly recommend it.

By Phat P

Oct 02, 2019

This course is great! I learned a lot in accounting and how to read financial, cash flow statement. Recommend!

By ABDELFATTAH G A H

Dec 22, 2017

Thank you to everyone for their great effort. Thank you to Proveser Luan for a simple and smooth explanation

By Eugene H

Jun 24, 2019

It was a great course and I learned so much! The videos were very detailed and it was easy to take notes.

By Jika S

Sep 04, 2017

very satisfied, took me longer to understand then I expected but it worth it. Thank you much, Professor!

By Tan W Q

May 06, 2020

Fantastic course, I learnt so much. Good for absolute beginners like me. Thanks prof! Really enjoyed it

By Kathryn A

Apr 30, 2020

This course is an excellent overview of financial accounting that is taught in an easy-to-follow yet c

By Vanessa G

Jan 11, 2020

Prof Luann is awesome! She explains everything so well. I can't wait to start another of her courses.

By Patrice D

May 16, 2020

Very interesting and well explained course! Thanks a lot to the excellent teacher! (Patrice Durand)

By Khalid M

May 09, 2020

The lecturer has a great experiences of how to illustrate those topics in financial accounting well

By Pedro P J

Apr 23, 2020

Luann is an amazing teacher! I couldn't imagine that it would actually be fun to learn accounting.

By Mohannad M

May 07, 2020

Important course to learn about accounting and analysis, I recommend it everyone want to learn it

By Kevin K

Mar 28, 2020

Great course A+. Enjoyed each lesson and highly recommend to anyone. Luann is a great instructor.