Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF
Dec 22, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JR
Sep 4, 2020

The concepts learned during this course made possible for me to present the project financials in a better way to the director. This course should be a must for all of us in the project management.

501 - 515 of 515 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Dec 10, 2020

thanks

By koren p

May 15, 2020

The information was good and explained in an easy to understand manner. I don't like that the only options to close out the course is to either unenroll or pay for the upgrade to take the graded quizzes. There should be a way to show that I completed auditing this course - even if just for my own information.

By Philip L

Sep 23, 2020

The class was very informative but as the weeks progressed I could have benefitted from more examples phrases in the way they were depicted on the exam. I knew the material but had a hard time transferring the knowledge to the verbiage in the test questions.

By Mendonça B A

Sep 11, 2020

Excellent course, and I recommend it to everyone who works in accounting and finance.

By Яцкив Л В

Dec 7, 2019

Очень легкий курс. Также хотелось бы больше примеров по стандартам IFRS.

By Javier F

Jan 2, 2021

Need a lot of working. I liked more Wharton's accounting courses.

By Igor C

Jul 4, 2020

I had some knowledge of financial accounting prior to the course. By the end of week 4, I was so bored with this course that I ended up taking the quizzes without watching the videos. Professor Lynch is not the best presenter and I consider the Brussels sprout thing completely ridiculous. 2/5

By Avashen P

Oct 25, 2020

Not very well explained. Could have been better simplified. See investopedia. Better class notes requried

By Ankit G

Aug 12, 2017

No one responds to the questions asked in the discussion forum