Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF

Dec 23, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JR

Sep 05, 2020

The concepts learned during this course made possible for me to present the project financials in a better way to the director. This course should be a must for all of us in the project management.

51 - 75 of 411 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

By Osama S A

Sep 08, 2018

A great course..

Prof. lynch did more than a great job to present the material in a simple enjoyable way. I defiantly recommend more advanced accounting courses with Prof. Lynch such as the Method Case, that she uses in MBA classes

By Jamie Y

Sep 11, 2017

A very good introductory course that is not too heavy for a time commitment (2-3 hours a week) + has the practice tests that are available even if you are auditing the class, so you can get a sense if you understand the material.

By Aakash G

Jul 30, 2017

So far i have just seen the course overview and it seems brilliant even for an individual who is going to learn accounts for the very first time. Looking forward to complete this amazing and exciting course.

Regards,

Aakash Gupta

By Tatiana S

Jun 06, 2020

I LOVE THIS COURSE - Accounting was always a challenge to me. This course helped me to fill up some of the blanks in my knowledge. The Professor uses simple language for a better understanding of this discipline. Great course!

By Yazeed H A

Jun 25, 2020

first of all i'm grateful it really hit a spot on my carrier and my self.

The process is excellent i loved the flow of the course it also gave me time for working and living

without interfering.

i'm excited for my next course.

By Carolina V

Oct 27, 2019

Great course, is focused on the necessary and relevant content, Linn is a great communicator so even if there are still some doubts I feel like I've learned a lot in a short period of time. Thank you all for opportunity

By Narmadha P

Sep 11, 2019

The course helped me understand how to look at a 10K or read the annual report from a company. It also helped me learn about markers to look for to find about the health of a company. The pace of the course was perfect.

By Jasdeep S T

Mar 10, 2020

The Financial Accounting Fundaments course was very informative and very useful for me to understand all the concepts related to Financial accounting including Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements etc.

By Deep R

Sep 03, 2020

This is extremely helpful for people wanting to gain fundamental understanding of Financial Accounting. Professor Luann J. Lynch explains each and every aspect in detail. I highly recommend this course. Great Job!!

By Douglas B

Apr 09, 2020

Outstanding course! Definitely worth the money. Taught me the accounting fundamentals that I hoped to learn. Really appreciated all the clear examples throughout the course. They really drilled in the information.

By Radha K

Oct 11, 2019

This course is an excellent opportunity to understand the fundamentals in a sorted and easy way. It has given a directional viewpoint to the thought process in practical life. I recommend this course highly.

By Robert A P

Aug 19, 2019

Fantastic course to get you familiarized with the standard financial reports you should see in any company. Very helpful and I'm already applying the leanings to drive even more value for my company today!

By David D

Jun 24, 2017

Professor Lynch teaches the core concepts of financial accounting in a very easy-to-understand way. I definitely recommend the course to students who want to learn the fundamentals of financial accounting!

By Elisa O

Jun 14, 2018

It was a really nice course for learning the basics of Financial Accounting. Johanna explains really nicely all the terms with good examples and helps you understand what are the main points of financing.

By Jesus R

Sep 05, 2020

By PINCHIH L

Aug 03, 2020

Prof. Luann Lynch is perfect. We can learn accounting step by step and at the end of the course, the analysis skills of the financial report from this lesson are so useful. Thank you so much!

By Kavindya N S

Sep 15, 2020

Just amazing! The lecturer is the best i have ever encountered in coursera! Thank you so much for making this enjoyable! Hoping to join all other courses in this specialization as well!!!

By MAYANK Y

Aug 02, 2020

Excellent way of teaching by the professor.Excellent course . I learnt all the basic terminologies related to finance.Luyaan's pedagogy is classic and very explicable...

By JIGNESH

Sep 23, 2020

it was really good step by step learning. being a business head i knew most of the things but this course really helped to brush up and refresh all what i knew in systematic manner.

By Enrique B M

Jul 08, 2018

Excellent course. Good content and easy to understand. You will have the opportunity to do accounting for a company during two periods and make the comparison. Very instructive.

By Prajwal B

Jan 08, 2020

This course is really helpful especially for those who are in the Accounting field. This will give more practical view on what we already know. Thank you for the Coursera Team.

By Junjie G

May 03, 2020

Short and complete coverage on key aspects of financial statements. Excellent course. You would surprise how well you could understand financial statements after this course.

By Masrisetyo A

Jun 15, 2020

Really great course, has given me better & clear understanding in constructing all financial aspect of my business. Can't wait to apply for company profiling for investment.

By Lorraine M

Apr 13, 2018

Really enjoyed the course - was really dreading learning about accounting but the instructor was able to break it down and make it both fun and interesting for me to learn!