Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF

Dec 23, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JK

Mar 14, 2018

Definitely the best online course I have taken. You get to learn a lot from this short term course and feel confident and ready to move onto more advanced topics in accounting. Highly recommended!

26 - 50 of 198 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

By Ra'ed M F

Dec 23, 2019

By June K

Mar 14, 2018

By Pankaj G

Jul 31, 2017

One of the Best course on Financial Accounting. Gives end to end hands on experience of entire Accounting Cycle. Quizzes are really engaging and require hands on working in many cases.

By Enrique B M

Jul 08, 2018

Excellent course. Good content and easy to understand. You will have the opportunity to do accounting for a company during two periods and make the comparison. Very instructive.

By Prajwal B

Jan 08, 2020

This course is really helpful especially for those who are in the Accounting field. This will give more practical view on what we already know. Thank you for the Coursera Team.

By Lorraine M

Apr 13, 2018

Really enjoyed the course - was really dreading learning about accounting but the instructor was able to break it down and make it both fun and interesting for me to learn!

By Matthew B

May 28, 2019

Solid program at a good pace. I enjoyed the structure and presentation. Specifically for accounting, having a clean, white background helped to simplifiy the content.

By sanghmitra

Jan 10, 2018

I did many online courses ,but dis one made me ready for journal entry, income statement all sort , with lots of practice questions.

I am very thankful to instructor .

By Argyris F

Oct 08, 2019

This is a well structured course with easy to follow videos and practice quizzes! I recommend it to anyone who needs an introduction to financial accounting!

By Dragana Đ

Dec 21, 2019

This course is for everyone who does not have any prior knowledge in accounting and for everyone who would like check knowledge. Course is very clear .

By Anton P

Nov 11, 2019

Really helpful and informative introduction to the world of Finance. Thank you Luann for the clear and easy to learn instruction throughout the course.

By Edward C

Feb 23, 2020

GREAT course....enjoyed the material even though it is not a easy subject for me to get quickly...I did receive tools that I can use in the future

By Daniel C

Mar 15, 2019

Great content, good pace, challenging quizzes. Coursera, I hoped I could have a 100% progress even without paying and taking the graded quizzes.

By Justin J

Sep 04, 2019

This course is great if you have no understanding of basic accounting or how to read a financial statement. It was fairly easy to follow along.

By Salma M

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you !! very much the course material was very helpful and professor Lynch was going step by step to make sure everything was fully clear

By Homero J O A

Mar 19, 2019

A lot of fun for beginners like me! I think I can create and manage a Garden Spot! Thank to Ms. Luann Lynch and the University of Virginia.

By Ron C

Jun 26, 2017

The UVA professor was very informative in a way that made the financial information relatable and easier to understand. Great experience.

By ZhaoDong

Apr 04, 2019

Very well-organised course taught by very powerful lecturer. Lectures combined with tutorial course enable me to understand even better.

By Brian A

Oct 01, 2018

I found this course well-taught and thoughtful. I think the course will help me better understand the finances of my medical practice.

By 王晓

Jun 07, 2018

Very interesting and helpful. Good course for beginners who want to learn some basic knowledge and concepts in accounting. Recommend it!

By Andres F V B

Jan 24, 2020

I recommend this course to remember accounting issues again, in general it is a good course I liked and I could learn new things.

By Alexander A V I

May 11, 2019

This course is more difficult than I thought. Great introduction to accounting. Week 4 and 5 is extremely hard so pay attention.

By Benet G

Feb 02, 2019

This course has really helped my understand in simple terms something that had occurred to me as complex. Excellent instructor.

By Molakapuri H

Dec 31, 2018

The course is well structured. The example sessions on balance statments, income statments and cashflows are quite helpful.

By Dustin E

Nov 26, 2019

Was very helpful in learning the Fundamentals of Accounting and helping my career position in Finance! Thank you so much!