Back to Foundations of Business Strategy

Foundations of Business Strategy, University of Virginia

About this Course

Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. In this course, we will explore the underlying theory and frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy and provide the tools you need to understand that strategy: SWOT, Competitor, Environmental, Five Forces, and Capabilities Analyses, as well as Strategy Maps. We'll apply these tools in case studies of industry leaders Google, Redhook, Piaggio and Apple....

By TM

May 02, 2018

This course is very helpful. It emanates from the strategist' mind. The way this course empowers a person is phenomenal. I personally learnt a lot with this course and hope to learn further as well.

By SA

Oct 16, 2017

Great course, perfect mix of theory and real life cases. Both the tutors are extremely effective in putting across their point. Very good course to learn the basics of Business straetgy.

238 Reviews

By Kamalakannan

Apr 18, 2019

Course contents are very good

Faced problems in uploading the assignment

By Jigyasa Jain

Apr 17, 2019

great

By Aniket Ghole

Apr 10, 2019

This course is one of the best business strategical courses I came across. I learnt lot from this course especially an important fundamentals of business strategy.

By Bryan Aptana Widjaja

Apr 02, 2019

Very comprehensive course.

I really enjoy the learning process and the final peer-graded assignment is such as great idea to help me to implement my knowledge in real case.

By Samuel Martinez

Apr 02, 2019

I enjoyed the course. I struggled with the Capability Analysis, though. The template could have used one or two examples to help understand the strategy tool.

By ADRIAN CORTES

Mar 26, 2019

Well organized and clear to introduce you to basic concepts. It is also to greet how it tries to involve you in practical practicing

By Shrey Ostwal

Mar 25, 2019

Excellent course for beginners who want to pursue a career in business strategy or start one's own business

By Cecilia Alarcon Villarroel

Mar 15, 2019

Very complete and useful!!!!

By V.V.L.N. Sastry

Mar 03, 2019

I liked the course content and the way instruction has been given. Thanks

By Diane Potter

Mar 02, 2019

The course became more interesting as the strategic analysis tools were applied in practice. There are some industry examples within the course that may need to be updated to reflect the changing global economy