Back to Foundations of Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Business Strategy by University of Virginia

Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, top-ranked faculty will help you explore the underlying theory and frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy and provide the tools you need to understand that strategy: SWOT, Competitor, Environmental, Five Forces, and Capabilities Analyses, as well as Strategy Maps....

KJ

Jan 10, 2021

Really enjoyed this course, the Professors are awesome presenting in a very clear, comprehensive way. Learned alot! I feel like they are training me to become a high tech executive/analyst. Thank you!

VK

Jul 19, 2019

Great insight of the basic tools covering all important aspects, both professors have discussed fundamental needs of the topic around Business Strategy, keen to learn rest of the courses and excited.

76 - 100 of 579 Reviews for Foundations of Business Strategy

By Quentin B

May 22, 2016

Fascinating course so far, with useful concepts and great assignments designed to improve learning by applying frameworks and concepts to actual companies. Would highly recommend!

By Adebiyi G

Sep 23, 2019

A fantastic platform to learn the intricacies of business strategy and gain a clear understanding of the business landscape. You will find out why businesses act the way they do.

By Bruce S

May 14, 2020

A great introduction to business strategy, delivered in a VERY clear and understandable way. Excellent use of Coursera's tools to ensure that the student takes onboard content.

By Jacquelyn L

Mar 7, 2017

Enjoyed this learning and the peer review of case studies. Since the course is online, performing peer reviews displays how other learners view the material. Very insightful.

By Alin C F

Jan 31, 2016

I am a student at a Business School in Europe, and I feel that this course gave me greater insight than the courses at the university. I am incredibly grateful for this course.

By Opeyemi A

Apr 29, 2020

I totally enjoyed the course, the teachers were fantastic, the course content was detailed and easy to understand. Looking forward to using all analysis learnt in the future.

By Rafael C F

Oct 29, 2015

Very good teachers, always trying to explain the theory with real examples.

Very good course, that stimulates you to do the final assignment, the moment when you really learn.

By Malaquias E

Jul 28, 2017

This is a great introduction course to strategy. Professors Jareh and Mike have done a terrific job. Can't wait to go through the rest of the classes in the specialization.

By Masoom R M

Jun 8, 2020

Glad to choose this course extremely happy to finished this course all concerned professionals are very knowledgable staff it was honoured for me to be part of this course

By Bryan A W

Apr 2, 2019

Very comprehensive course.

I really enjoy the learning process and the final peer-graded assignment is such as great idea to help me to implement my knowledge in real case.

By Tryfon D

Mar 31, 2017

The course is great. I will highly recommended to everyone who desire to build a fundamental knowledge and skills regarding strategic analysis for business organizations.

By Andrew J

Sep 16, 2018

Thorough explanation of introductory level strategy components. Just the course that I was looking for to begin building my knowledge of strategy and strategic planning.

By Thiago I

Aug 5, 2020

I really like. It gives you some basic concepts that in engineering you wont be able to see. Excellent course for people who want to try entering a consulting firm too.

By Niranjan L R

Jun 17, 2020

An excellent course to understand basics of crafting strategies. The video lectures are lucid and clarify concepts exceptionally well, with lot of relevant examples.

By Peter B

Mar 5, 2018

Well designed, informative and fun. One of the first courses I actually completed on Coursera! I would have liked if they made a notes page on all the relevant topics.

By Harshit S

Dec 10, 2021

The course is very relevant and useful. It is well constructed, and the concepts become much more clear if a participant has prior knowledge of basic micro economics.

By Raja S R M

The course is one of the finest. The content is superbly designed and explained. The toolkits are great. The channelization of all concepts is done in a great manner.

By Vincent G

Feb 25, 2019

Provides important, basic information on strategic tools to be able to analyze a particular industry / firm of interest and get a certain idea of its sustainability.

By Desyree J

Nov 14, 2015

Great basic course even for someone with no knowledge of business. I learned a lot. The concepts are very well explained and the examples are a huge help! Thank you!

By kamndalira I P

Aug 2, 2020

One of the great course. The depth of course content was great enough to help me learn a lot within short period. Thanks to coursera team for making such a course.

By Nimish D

Feb 18, 2020

A very interesting and brilliant course. It really attracts your attention which makes you to come back again making studies fun and videos are the best part of it.

By Aniket G

Apr 10, 2019

This course is one of the best business strategical courses I came across. I learnt lot from this course especially an important fundamentals of business strategy.

By SADHANA B

Dec 3, 2020

With the help of Coursera I can learn many interesting subjects through online..it is useful for students in many ways to develop their skills and gain knowledge.

By Aditya V

Nov 10, 2020

The clarity of the instructor is immense! I have done an MBA and still, this course was so insightful for me, grateful to the entire team of Coursera and Darden!

By Carlos G

Sep 27, 2018

Great Course! I learned meaningful information and practice to develop a strategic analysis for a company, very important step in the business strategy process.