Back to Foundations of Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Business Strategy by University of Virginia

Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, top-ranked faculty will help you explore the underlying theory and frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy and provide the tools you need to understand that strategy: SWOT, Competitor, Environmental, Five Forces, and Capabilities Analyses, as well as Strategy Maps....

KJ

Jan 10, 2021

Really enjoyed this course, the Professors are awesome presenting in a very clear, comprehensive way. Learned alot! I feel like they are training me to become a high tech executive/analyst. Thank you!

VK

Jul 19, 2019

Great insight of the basic tools covering all important aspects, both professors have discussed fundamental needs of the topic around Business Strategy, keen to learn rest of the courses and excited.

101 - 125 of 579 Reviews for Foundations of Business Strategy

By Marcio R

May 16, 2020

Very good course, I had an excellent learning and I am motivated to learn much more. I will certainly apply what I have learned in my business and day to day.

By Andrew F

Feb 12, 2018

Forums could be better integrated into the course material. Feel this is a Coursera platform issue rather than that of the course. Course material very good.

By John Y

May 26, 2017

Excellent course for learning about tools that are very useful for performing strategic analysis and identifying competitive advantage. Highly recommended.

By Mone K K

Jan 13, 2020

The course is a one stop shop for anyone starting out in the field of consulting and strategy.

Very enlightening and practicable any day, anytime. Thank you.

By Sonal N

May 10, 2021

Particularly liked the way the instructors used everyday examples we can relate with to connect to the topics. Also the pace is ideal, one topic per video.

By Tiffany N

Sep 20, 2020

Easy to follow and understand. The lecturers are well spoken and used great examples to hepl understand different strategies across a number of industries.

By Eric O

Oct 25, 2017

Great insight. learnt a lot of great concepts in business strategy and various tools to access and device strategies to maintain company's competitiveness.

By Prompiriya P

Aug 16, 2020

Amazing course rich in knowledge and information. Final assignment is quite hard for person with no business background like me. But great course overall!

By Claudia P C C

Mar 10, 2018

A great course, either you look for only actualization or new knowledge, this course is a great foundational course which includes an strategy global view

By Simone C

Apr 19, 2020

Provides a good foundation of business strategy. I believe it could have been longer and with more examples but still, it is a good course for beginners.

By Nathaniel N

Feb 26, 2020

Really enjoyed the case studies and final assignment. Content is easy to follow and understand. Will go a long way to helping me realise my career goals.

By ARVIND M

Sep 6, 2017

Excellent Course to get started with Strategy. Michael Lenox and Jared Harris have done really well in explaining the frameworks with terrific examples.

By N R

Jun 29, 2020

Really great class to introduce business strategy. Many concepts we've all seen and used put combined and put in context everything seems much clearer

By Raffael E

Mar 3, 2020

Very nice program which teaches the essentials of business strategy. Interesting cases to solve and nice case discussion with different perspectives o

By Fabian M

Nov 20, 2017

Great course. I really like the way both professors teach. The tools they provide really simplify business analysis and the case studies help a lot.

By CHEBETT K

Mar 4, 2016

it May be called Foundations to Business But it is way rich in content and i do appreciate. looking forward to the next programme. i will sure enroll.

By Eliana

Nov 21, 2015

I'm truly enjoying this course. The material is explained in a clear and effective way. It will most certainly help me on my day to day work.

By AKASH R S

Sep 17, 2020

This Course was truly fruitful in gaining knowledge in business analytics and also the assignment helped to gain a practical view of how these works.

By Jamila W

Jan 30, 2019

I enjoyed this course. Definitely learned a lot of information on Analysis that I did not know before. Will be able to use what I learn in position.

By Istiaqe A

I learnt a lot about strategies & how to increase profit, how to choose best possible market , how to choose best strategies it was well organised .

By Yandery T

Dec 26, 2020

The course introduces very useful concepts that allow an analysis of the business environment and can be planned on the basis of more accurate data

By Keifran J V d V

Jul 8, 2020

Dear Grateful for the learning system they are currently applying, in my case it has met my expectations, it has allowed me to expand my knowledge.

By Olubayi O

Mar 19, 2022

This is an excellent course on Strategy. I will recommend to many other people. I particularly like the written assignment on Competitive Position

By Chris G

Feb 11, 2021

The instructors are excellent - they present concepts clearly and in a easy-to-follow manner, and integrate them with relevant practical examples.

By Anjali M

Well explained content which helped me to understand the basics of "The Strategic Planning & Analysis"

It's my honor to have completed this course.