Back to Foundations of Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Business Strategy by University of Virginia

Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, top-ranked faculty will help you explore the underlying theory and frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy and provide the tools you need to understand that strategy: SWOT, Competitor, Environmental, Five Forces, and Capabilities Analyses, as well as Strategy Maps....

KJ

Jan 10, 2021

Really enjoyed this course, the Professors are awesome presenting in a very clear, comprehensive way. Learned alot! I feel like they are training me to become a high tech executive/analyst. Thank you!

VK

Jul 19, 2019

Great insight of the basic tools covering all important aspects, both professors have discussed fundamental needs of the topic around Business Strategy, keen to learn rest of the courses and excited.

51 - 75 of 579 Reviews for Foundations of Business Strategy

By Kaushik C

Feb 5, 2020

This was an exciting course where I got to learn about the various business analysis to stay competitive in the market. I'm very thankful to Coursera and Darden School of Business for giving learners the opportunity to learn.

By German O

Apr 4, 2022

Course is great. I didn't have any Business related prior studies, but this was easy to follow and introduces great key concepts of Business Strategy, indutries, market, and so on. Well done!! I've enjoyed learning this way.

By Nadir a

Jun 20, 2022

This is one of the most profound course availaible on Coursera. I can vouch about the proficiency of the course that has enabled me with Business management and also about strategy making using renowned business principles.

By wenjie c

Sep 21, 2020

the course is structured and easy to understanding, giving you background on economic concepts as well as foundations of business strategy. i am certainly looking forward to proceed on to advanced business strategy now!

By Jeff C

Oct 26, 2020

Very comprehensive and detailed course with excellent delivery from the faculty members. Examples, information and figures are used appropriately throughout to help course user understand concepts better. Recommended!

By Olesya A

Aug 27, 2016

The professor uses informative and well-structured approach to the subject at hand. The course materials are highly valuable and the communication is clear. I am glad and appreciate that I am a part of this class!

By Jishnu K

Oct 17, 2020

I am really thankful to them and provided the right kind of explanation to the each and every topic according to different understandings and implications in all areas of strategic management and business strategy

By Akash v

Jul 20, 2021

It really helped me to learn how one can really understand the industry structure and firms competitive position in the industry and how we can use this analysis to increase the competitive advantage of the firm.

By Riccardo M

Jul 25, 2019

I'm getting ready for my MBA and I really found this course very well done.

I'm pretty sure I'll be benefiting from the content I've learned here and I can't wait to see the next courses.

Keep it up and thank you!

By Ejezie C E

This course is indeed a blessing to me, because I have learnt a lot on business, strategy, analysis and so on

I'm really impressed, I also look forward to learning more on this platform if given the opportunity

By Jayant S

Oct 15, 2017

This is very good course, brief content, what we practice in daily elaborated well so it can impletement for a great results. It is not a syllabus but is thought process opener for each, must go through it.

By Dhinesh A D

Apr 22, 2020

The Foundation course for learning the fundamental and basic concepts of the business strategies, briefly explains the strategy to be chosen according to the positioning of the firm in the market place.

By Christian J K

Jun 17, 2019

A very practical and all-encompassing course that complements my existing business knowledge. I particularly liked how the validity of theories was proven by their applications to specific case studies.

By Raad B

Feb 20, 2016

This was an incredible introductory course which shored up many of the concepts that I had understood through meaningful examples and cases. I'm very excited for what comes next in the following courses

By Agnes M

Jun 11, 2020

It's a simple approach to business strategy and very ideal for people looking to learn more about business strategy. Either as a refresher course or if totally new to it. I would recommend it.

By Amit J

Good! The professors in this courser explained it quite well.. It was very well paced not at all monotonous or boring.

Even the peer review was done very fast without having to wait for long.

By Sarah H

Apr 8, 2020

learned some great stuff on how to analyse a company's position.

the report was difficult to do, since its been a while since I've had homework, but did help with the overall understanding.

By Rafael C

Jan 10, 2021

This course provides an introduction to a financial focused approach to Business Strategy. This course is a very good starting point for people who want to learn strategy in more depth!!

By Sanjoy B

Apr 29, 2020

One should do this course for becoming more proficient on strategic analysis. This course will provide you the fundamentals of how to formulate strategy to gain competitive advantage.

By Marc M

Mar 7, 2017

I do have learned basic and powerfull tools to start analyzing the strategic positionning for a company.

Course is well structured with a step by step methodology and concrete examples

By Sarth M

Jun 12, 2020

I felt really empowered after completing the course, as now, I have the required tools, at least the basic ones, to conduct Strategy analysis, and analyze how to go about a business.

By Pritesh P

Jun 29, 2019

Excellent course for people with minimal business understanding and who wants to understand how to analyze a business. The pedagogy and the material and case study are interesting.

By Michael T

Mar 3, 2018

Impressed with the balance of breadth and depth. Complex issues delivered in an accessible manner. Practical exercises that enable you to put what you've learned to use right away.

By Saransh M

This course is a great starting point for someone who wants to learn about strategic analysis. The topics flow logically, and the instructors possess deep knowledge of this field.

By Devendra l

Jan 25, 2020

Excellent course that clearly synthesizes the various framework to analyze in-depth the industry and the firm's position within to present meaningful and powerful recommendations.