Back to Foundations of Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Business Strategy by University of Virginia

Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. In this course, we will explore the underlying theory and frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy and provide the tools you need to understand that strategy: SWOT, Competitor, Environmental, Five Forces, and Capabilities Analyses, as well as Strategy Maps. We'll apply these tools in case studies of industry leaders Google, Redhook, Piaggio and Apple....

VK

Jul 20, 2019

Great insight of the basic tools covering all important aspects, both professors have discussed fundamental needs of the topic around Business Strategy, keen to learn rest of the courses and excited.

TM

May 02, 2018

This course is very helpful. It emanates from the strategist' mind. The way this course empowers a person is phenomenal. I personally learnt a lot with this course and hope to learn further as well.

151 - 175 of 269 Reviews for Foundations of Business Strategy

By Dishant I

Mar 22, 2016

Got to learn a lot from very experienced professors. Brilliant!

By Mark P

Oct 19, 2017

Very informative and excitingly interesting--motivates me to pursue this work further. Looking forward to the next course.

By Modestman

Jan 22, 2017

Thank you very much. I will finish left courses here.

By Claudia P C C

Mar 11, 2018

A great course, either you look for only actualization or new knowledge, this course is a great foundational course which includes an strategy global view

By ivan c r

Aug 10, 2016

Loved it, the 5 forces analysis is very well explained with the help of other key concepts

By Elsa X 1

Jul 10, 2017

I learned basic and useful knowledge about business strategy. For example how to analyse a company and its competitive advantages and what tools can be used to know an industry. It provides me valuable content for my further study and career. I would like to recommend it to my friends.

By Daniel G

Jan 24, 2017

As an entry level strategic consultant I've found this course to be a very useful introduction to the core principles of business strategy. The pace of the course is challenging but manageable. The content was well explained and there were some great take-aways in terms of slide decks and sources of information. Thanks

By Ayman G

Sep 17, 2017

Very important course

By MIAWAWANA G F

Mar 25, 2018

super , je vousrecomande vivement ce cours très intéressant, et riche avec des illustrations concrêtes!!!!!!!!!!

By Njenga N N

Apr 05, 2018

Challenging but very engaging and eye opening!

By Jacquelyn L

Mar 07, 2017

Enjoyed this learning and the peer review of case studies. Since the course is online, performing peer reviews displays how other learners view the material. Very insightful.

By shunewsever@outlook.com

Oct 19, 2016

good.

download video only;

By John Y

May 26, 2017

Excellent course for learning about tools that are very useful for performing strategic analysis and identifying competitive advantage. Highly recommended.

By Glenda D

Jun 26, 2017

As a newbie in coursera, I must say at the beginning, I had doubts about the learning methods and how good the content could be. I ended this first module definitely knowing more, I found myself confident to articulate and analyze ideas using business language. Content structure,exercises and videos at pretty well organized. The weekly quiz allows me to study, read notes again and really prove I understood the concepts. I even understand better what my company is going thru and doing to have a better competitive position in the market. Awesome learning experience!

By KOLEK B R

Mar 17, 2018

very good online classes!

By Ian T

Feb 20, 2018

Great overview of the basics, re' business strategy and analysis.

By Javier M R

Apr 24, 2018

Clear, concise, complete and useful. Exactly what I expected.

By Aarren D

May 23, 2017

It is a great course, I have gleaned the knowledge on the supply & demand and dealing with that strategically.

By Salahattin B

Sep 20, 2017

Great course. Dealing with real life cases was a great way to bring ideas into something we can see on our daily basis.

By Sophia A M M

Aug 12, 2017

good course

By Andrew F

Feb 12, 2018

Forums could be better integrated into the course material. Feel this is a Coursera platform issue rather than that of the course. Course material very good.

By Green L

Aug 30, 2016

Excellent,thanks

By Marcello B

Oct 05, 2017

Really well done.

By Nicholas M F

Aug 02, 2017

Very engaging course, a good refresher for consultants and an excellent intro those new to the subject matter.

By Vishesh