Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AA
Sep 8, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course for everyone who really wants to develop their skill or want to learn new skills. this amazing course will assist you to understand the user in a more strategic way.

KP
Mar 16, 2021

The course is very well designed & Alex has wonderfully explained the concepts very nicely...the pace of the course is fairly balanced...a big thanks to Alex and coursera for organizing this course

76 - 100 of 820 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By John F G G

Sep 18, 2018

This course brings you the skills to carry your ideas to match correctly the user and customer needs, with very strong user feedback by creating user stories, test cases, child stories is a very structured method. It is a very helping course when you apply it to your development.

By Francesco P

Apr 21, 2020

I got the financial aid from Coursera, and I found this course amazing! I was doing similar things at my internship in consultancy before the covid-19 outbreak, now my job is stopped, but I keep learning here.

Thank you so much and I hope I can continue with the specialization!

By Jessica B V

Jul 22, 2020

I could understand clearly the explanations. I found myself enjoying doing it and it's very ease to keep learning. To fully understand some points I had to use the material from the web site of the teacher and it helped a lot. I'd like to suggest I resume of what we learned.

By Chris D

Mar 29, 2017

Great course! Really well thought, very organized framework, and engaging teaching. It will stretch you and encourage more deliberate thinking and help you better connect with your end-users to then create more valuable solutions for them while meeting business objectives.

By Felix B

May 24, 2018

Great course!!! Really interesting how Design Thinking can help us improve the way we create new products using Agile approach.

Centered in subjects related to personas and the problems they face as the best and only way to create real value products for the actual market.

By Mohamad K

Jun 3, 2018

Its a great course, I have it seen such course. Before 2 years i have taken one course was User center design, it was one of great course about design thinking, But this course combined agile with user center design. If u take this course then you will be best of best.

By Prasanna M

Feb 23, 2021

I absolutely recommend this course for anyone who wants to work as Product owner or understand the working of Product development in detail, starting from nothing and building and adding creative solutions that concisely solve a problem rather than solve non-issues.,

By Alicia B

This is an awesome course and while having lots of agile/scrum experience, adding Design Thinking techniques totally makes one even more obsessed with the customer and product point of view. Thanks for offering this course, will be using at work designing solutions!

By Andreu M N

Jul 14, 2018

I totally recommend this course. Well prepared, interesting interviews done by Alex to several professional with well-known reputation, good explanations, and well-prepared exercises. It’s totally worth to invest your time and money if you want to start in Agile.

By priyanka -

Dec 8, 2020

I am new to product management and a course like this designed by Alex Cowan is great, and extremely helpful for a newbie like me. I have learnt so much through his videos and hands-on assignment. Thank you Coursera for giving me a platform to learn from Alex :)

By Malvina V

Nov 6, 2020

What an amazing course!! What an amazing professor!! With this course, you will not only learn the principles but you have the chance to apply the knowledge through hands-on project. Highly recommended for whoever wants to learn how agile applies in projects.

By Ranabir D G

Jun 11, 2020

The fundamentals of design thinking, explained succinctly, in bite sized pieces for beginners, to start the storyboard of success.Thank you Alex Cowan for your flawless mentorship, and especially designing the skits to help us better understand the scenarios!

By Paulius U

Apr 16, 2018

Very well designed course. Studying it, I realized how much can be achieved while working by AGILE methodology. IMHO, everybody should take the "Getting Started: Agile Meets Design Thinking" course, even if they're not working in software development.

By Ryan C

Aug 24, 2020

Excellent course for some one wishing to take Agile fundamentals from knowledge to action. The assignment teaches the development of problem statements, alternatives and propositions. These are then developed into epics and child stores for sprints.

By Nikyara P

Oct 8, 2018

Inspiring Alex Cowan helped me to understand core value of Agile. I thank you for the good prepared materials, skits, Venture Design program - everything! I ma using all techniques in my project so I hope to avoid all mistakes which majority make

By Alejandro B

Nov 30, 2020

Very interesting learning by doing course with complete supplementary information and videos help, focused on building valuable and actionable personas and user stories as the start to develop Digital solutions through the Agile methodology.

By Dimitris N

Aug 10, 2016

Really useful and interesting course!

It surpassed my expectations by far. The knowledge and understanding of Design Thinking and the simplicity that it was presented and connected with Agile was truly remarkable.

Would definitely recommend it.

By Kayla G

Dec 23, 2017

Great course for anyone who's interested in learning Agile! The entire specialization is excellent, and this course give a great intro. Alex Cowan is incredibly knowledgeable, plus he includes a lot of interviews with other industry experts.

By Prabhakar D

Dec 15, 2020

Very nice course to helped me learn the Agile approach to design thinking. as a marketing & sales professional it comes very handy to learn user stories about our customer & design customized solution to shape their journeys. thanks you!

By Keila G G

Sep 29, 2020

I had no prior knowledge of AGILE and this course helped me to define what is AGILE, what changes propose, what values propose, what hinders them, and how to develop and think about my users and coworkers in a more thoughtful way.

By Marco M

Mar 22, 2020

the course is clear and has a good mix of explanation and examples. assignment helps to practice and review elements of the course which might have left not understood or misunderstood. collateral material is interesting and clear

By Ariel A

Oct 30, 2020

This is an excellent course! The material is thorough and presented is a very logical, easy to follow manner. The professor is excellent and provides great examples of real-life applications. I'm going for the specialization!

By Ajeet K

Jan 1, 2020

Awesome Course!! This course perfectly explains how a Team can develop a highly valuable and usable product/software/solution using concept of Agile Design Thinking. Thank You so much Alex for designing such a wonderful course!!

By zsoka m

Mar 4, 2019

Hands on, instantly usable learning experience with a hint of humour - a great combination. The ratio between videos and tasks is great, easy to stay focused and to divide the course into sections to accomodate a full time job.

By Sunil V

May 22, 2020

Learnt a lot on how to Humanize the Persona which helps create better EPIC & Child Stories. Also there is a logical way of getting to the root of concerns / issues Persona face and a proper analysis to addressing these issues.