Back to Marketing Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing Analytics by University of Virginia

Organizations large and small are inundated with data about consumer choices. But that wealth of information does not always translate into better decisions. Knowing how to interpret data is the challenge -- and marketers in particular are increasingly expected to use analytics to inform and justify their decisions. Marketing analytics enables marketers to measure, manage and analyze marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Beyond the obvious sales and lead generation applications, marketing analytics can offer profound insights into customer preferences and trends, which can be further utilized for future marketing and business decisions. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, gives you the tools to measure brand and customer assets, understand regression analysis, and design experiments as a way to evaluate and optimize marketing campaigns. You'll leave the course with a solid understanding of how to use marketing analytics to predict outcomes and systematically allocate resources. You can follow my posts in Twitter, @rajkumarvenk, and on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/education-marketing. Thanks, Raj Professor of Business Administration at Darden...

AG

Great course.Coursera provides wonderful opportunity for analytics learners through the course.Well designed course packed with assignments.Just Loved every lessons of the course.Thank you Coursera.☺

SW
May 7, 2020

This was a good and challenging course. It really gave me the basic foundations of marketing.\n\nIt challenged me to think and I enjoyed the projects that were incorporated to give hands on training.

26 - 50 of 1,522 Reviews for Marketing Analytics

By Trina A L

I've learned a lot about marketing analytics in just 5 weeks and, though the topic is quite complex, it was an enjoyable and enlightening experience for me. For someone who can easily get lost in numbers, I was able to follow the computation thanks to Raj's step-by-step process. Sometimes, it could be confusing for me, especially if more numbers were presented, but I love that I could get back to the lessons several times for me to review and understand at my own pace.

By Shilpa A

Apr 10, 2020

Thank you for this wonderful course. I have learnt a lot about brands, marketing experiments, and regression analysis. I know understand brand architectures and can calculate brand equity and customer lifetime value. I have had no previous knowledge of commerce and I was really afraid of maths, but the way Professor Raj explained the concepts and made the maths easy has made me more confident in my skills. Thank you again sir for this wonderful course.

By Sayed S M

May 9, 2020

If you want to learn some real deal about marketing analytics then you should definitely enroll in this course. This course brilliantly blends different tools from statistics, accounting, and economics and uses to measure marketing efforts. This course will give you a glimpse of how marketing campaigns are measured and decisions are taken based on that data in the real world. I really enjoyed learning this course.

By Riti N

Jun 1, 2020

Very helpful and extremely relevant to the present context. As a market research analyst, it deepened my understanding of the many marketing terminologies and jargons and also helped me with my job.

By David S

Quiz questions are filled with misspelled words, incorrect & thus confusing grammar, additional random words or letters that add to the confusion. Also, questions are vague and answers are specific and visa-versa. This makes the corse not about learning or testing one's knowledge, but instead about guessing what the question writer was thinking at the moment they wrote the question. If the material was presented with clearer communication, the quiz questions and answers used correct grammar, spelling and appropriate parallelism, this course would be educational. Until those changes are made, this course fails to be educational to those of us who are not clairvoyant.

By Steven M

Jul 23, 2020

Exceptional professor leading a course on top-priority tools for marketing. The selection of topics and the thoroughness of their explanations is outstanding. And although this course is mostly about quantifying many of the intangibles behind marketing, the professor proves himself a sympathetic and warm teacher of bloodless mathematics. My only criticism concerns some ambiguity around terms: for example the term "log" may refer to 'log base 10' or natural log, base 'e' and this was not clear for me in the presentation. As a suggestion, it would be great if there were a Marketing Analytics II, taught, of course, by the same wonderful professor, Rajkumar Venkatesan.

By Corina

Jun 9, 2020

Thank you so much, that has been an awesome update on my ten years marketing skills... balancing the long and the short term analytics of all marketing activities is key to evolve in this -technology driven- future of ours... THANK YOU professor Rajkumar Venkatesan to lead me through brand architectures, designing experiments, measuring customer lifetime value and regressions in such a pleasant and constructive way. Also all other people involved as also the study fellows in our WhatsApp group that supported each other along the way without telling answers. GREAT!

By Burhanuddin N

Nov 24, 2020

Teaching style of Professor Raj is very creative and funny at the same time. So I personally loved the time investing in this course because it helped me in learning those skills and topics which I was not aware of previously in the Marketing Sector. Course Assignments and Quizzes were very thought provoking and interesting, they helped to grasp the concept in a more pragmatic way. You can complete this course very fast if you wish to and trust me you will not forget squash time and all the things that are taught in this course because its very intuitive.

By Gamming H

Oct 30, 2020

Man This course is perfect for anyone starting their Journey to become a Successful Entrepreneur as it gives crucial skills needed to start any business. Two things I would recommend if you want to learn the game of money:

1: Make your mindset to attract Abundance

2 Learn this course man and many like it

And the BEST OF ALL, The sir is Totally Amazing, he motivates you and you have a lot of Fun with them through the course. Seriously I totally Mean It. This course is what gave me a starting point as this was my first ever course on Coursera

By Aditya S

Jul 27, 2020

I was extremely new to marketing when I took up this course. I think I can safely say, that after this course, I have developed an intrinsic understanding of basic marketing terms, and I did so in an engaging and fun manner. Professor Venkatesan did a brilliant job to keep us interested in the subject, and the results are pretty evident. I loved the course.

P.s. Professor if you read this, maybe the math could be more extensive. I'd love to learn more about the fundamental calculations and analyses that you mentioned.

By Erica P

Jun 25, 2020

Raj made what could be a stale topic rather fun, and he will make you eat your vegetables (you'll see). However, he skips over some elements that you may have to figure out in the practice quizzes. There are two peer-reviewed projects that a lot of people seemed to not meet the requirements for or plagiarize the professor's examples, then give bad marks in return for quality work because we all review at the same time. That's unfair, but I still enjoyed the course and learned a lot.

By Lisa D W

Mar 8, 2020

Great introduction to what goes into Marketing Analytics. The five-week course goes through different topics in an easy to understand manner; it gives a great basis to anyone who's interested in the topic. The quizzes and the two "essays" (one is creating a brand architecture for two different brands and comparing them, the other is designing a marketing experiment) were just difficult enough that you were forced to truly understand the course material before attempting them.

By harshit a

The Course is really good, and helps you increase your knowledge as well as your skills. As nothing comes with perfection there are a few things that can be improved like a better understanding could be given on why things are done like that rather than telling to do so. eg break even lift is really not clear to many people and the forum threads doesn't really work always as nobody knows. The faculty should also check forum threads time to time. Overall its q great course.

By Mark R

Aug 24, 2016

I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to learn some high-level methods of assess a business' value, customer value and product value. The course also provided methods of measuring the bottom line contributions of previous, current and planned marketing campaigns; and approaches to A/B test these campaigns. Lastly, I would recommend purchasing the book that professor Raj Venkatesan co-wrote to gain a more complete understanding of Marketing Analytics.

By Devanand

Aug 21, 2016

It was a wonderful experience and great insights into the field of marketing analytics. Any amateur who's new to the field of marketing can learn this very easily. Although it's not designed for industry purpose, it provides deeper insights with industry led examples. The course was never boring and I'm ever grateful to Mr. Rajkumar Venkatesan for walking me through this course.

A very useful course for one who wants to gain better insights on Marketing Analytics.

By O.R P R

Aug 28, 2020

Very Informative and insightful course, i gained a lot of information with regard to types and techniques of analytics, measuring CLV and brand architecture, etc. This course provides you in-depth knowledge with various assignments and practice quizzes conducted over every week. I want to thank Professor Mr Raj for helping me out with various illustrations and videos. Overall an amazing course provided by Coursera,don't miss this opportunity. Thank You.!

By Angela L M

Really had fun in this course! I liked the peer graded assignments and the interactive questions in the videos. The instructor was very enthusiastic and fun as well. It helped me lighten the burden of studying numbers!!! :) Overall, I recommend marketers to take this course. It's always better to know how to understand the data when we do campaigns, otherwise, it's like walking towards a cliff with your eyes covered.

Well done Prof Raj :)

By Abdul A B

Jul 25, 2020

A very comprehensive course, it covered almost the whole syllabus of marketing analytics and in a very fun manner took us through all the difficult part. Raj is an amazing trainer who keeps the audience engaged in his talk and keeps them interested in the topics being delivered.

Overall an amazing course, i recommend everyone who wants to get to know about marketing analytics to go for it. All the best Raj, you've been awesome!

By Vipin K M

Apr 19, 2020

This is one the best course on marketing analytics which I ever studied. I have learnt many new concepts and got a numerous research ideas in Indian context. The segment related to brand equity, CLV and Marketing Design Experiment was very fantastic. This was very fruitful session for me.

Thank You for offering this course ..

Vipin Kumar Meena, (PhD Scholar,Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, India)

By Waqas A A

Nov 6, 2018

Extremely valuable course, in the going market environment where big data is changing the way of how companies performed in past. learning analytics is going to provide real help in the future job and the changing dynamics of how companies analyze data and take actions. The Teacher is super awesome, very polite and friendly way of teaching and providing the key knowledge. Thankyou SIr, ThankYou coursera .

By Siddharth S

Sep 9, 2019

This course by University of Virginia gives you a suitable and deep insight and understanding about various topics related to Marketing Analytics. The pace is comfortable and the content is actually used in the industry. It is actually a beginner level course and really easy to understand. I'd recommend this course to anyone who's trying to start his way in the vast horizon of marketing analytics.

By Vivek J

Jan 10, 2017

I would like the course to include more data rich assignmnts where students are providded with a complex data rich problem and asked to build analytics model and arrive at decision making process. The data sets could be close to real time situations. This will help them in showcasing their analytical work.

Overall I developed good understading about brand architecture and marketing experiments.

By Mohd S Z

Apr 17, 2020

The course was really good. It covers most of topics like the Marketing process, Analytics, Brand Architecture, Measuring Brand value, Customer lifetime value, Marketing experiment and finally how to use regression in marketing. The course not only help me in updating my current knowledge but also taught me how these big companies use analytics to come with different marketing strategies.

By Kinza F

By C S V P

Jun 21, 2020

Its very nice to learn through online with thorough applications .The faculty is simply superb,loved to listen to him.I strongly recommend, this course is very useful and required for any one in middle and higher executive level to understand the market, advertising, regression etc., for sale of the product in this competitive world.Once agian thanks to Coursera for bringing such cource