Back to Verb Tenses and Passives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Verb Tenses and Passives by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Advanced Grammar and Punctuation specialty. In this course, you will review the verb tenses that you learned in beginning English classes and learn about a few tenses you may not know very well. In all, you'll cover all 12 of the English verb tenses and passive verb forms. Most importantly, you'll learn how to blend these tenses, which is what native speakers frequently do. This course is vital to your becoming a more fluent English speaker. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

NN
Feb 14, 2021

I am endlessly grateful for this course. I’ve learned so much. And let me tell you something, I’ve enjoyed the videos from our teachers better than any Netflix movie I had been binge watching.

ED
Dec 11, 2020

I had been learning tenses at several courses just before I found this one. I found it extremely useful and so interactive! Moreover, the teachers are so creative and so lovely unusual!

351 - 375 of 402 Reviews for Verb Tenses and Passives

By MD. A A M

Jun 2, 2020

good

By Anil K P

Aug 5, 2020

By Sherri S

Dec 6, 2020

Although I enjoyed the class and learned many interesting things, I was disappointed by the number of typographical errors. As I was completing several of the assessments, there were error in the answer responses that causes me to chose a response that was not actually correct. I found this to be concerning because if someone is not a native English speaker, being presented with responses that are not correct might further confuse them.

By Cristina T

Nov 16, 2017

I was a good review and I have recommended to some friends. Great explanation and a lot of exercises to help fixing the concepts. However, there are several acting videos and I did not enjoy some of them. Actually distracted more than helped.

By Samira F

This is an introductory course for non-native english speakers to learn basic grammar. If more in detail knowledge of grammar is interested, its better to register for Advanced English course

By Mustafa K

Sep 6, 2017

Good course to refresh your knowledge. But if your English level is still a beginner I'd recommend the past course for intermediate level. Then you can find this course is awesome.

By Fernando S

Oct 26, 2020

Great course. Good examples. It would be a little better if the review excersices were programmed in Coursera's platform instead of provided by external resources.

By Dugaeva L M

Feb 27, 2021

Интересные креативные видео от преподавателей в объяснил грамматики. Из минусов - творческая работа проверяется студентами, часто комментарии оставляют краткие.

By Nawab J

Dec 12, 2018

This course helped to understand verb tenses as well passives, I have improved my knowledge regarding these things and I am very happy and confident.

By Kelly R

Dec 14, 2020

Great. Not 5 stars only because UCI courses always have some mistakes in their quizzes and never bother to reply or fix them after we flag.

By Amr M H E

Apr 28, 2020

I would like to study more about passive voice, but in general, I have gotten great benefits and I will continue, It is a very good course.

By Devika R

Jul 2, 2020

I really liked this course, and I learned a lot from this course.Thank you to Jake and Emily for teaching us in a very interesting manner.

By Pedro H

Aug 21, 2018

It is a great course, which has been helped me a lot on my routine. Good exercises for practice.

By Milciades G

Jan 9, 2021

This course was so helpful, it included a more dynamic method and so fun video. I enjoyed a lot

By Santiago A O

It was very easy. There should be a way of reporting bad grades assigned by peers.

By Фирстова А В

Mar 15, 2018

I think in such course more work should be checked by teacher than by classmates

By Saisamorn J

Jan 27, 2019

Great education and I had fun with this course and learn new things.Thank you.

By Charlene D

Jan 19, 2021

Thanks, I have learned a great deal. Writing the sentences really helps.

By Pore J

Apr 15, 2017

I found significant improvement of my grammar after having attended.

By Mozhgan B

Aug 14, 2017

It is very good course to learn and practice the advanced grammer.

By TIJO T

Jun 3, 2020

It is useful for those who have passion in learning grammar.

By Saengtawan C

Jun 7, 2020

very good, I've learned a lot from this class. thanks

May 15, 2017

The lessons are very clear. The teachers are amazing!

By theertha v g a

May 4, 2020

its a fantastic course , i learned a lot from this.

By Montserrat R

I missed getting feedback from the instructor.