Back to Verb Tenses and Passives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Verb Tenses and Passives by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Advanced Grammar and Punctuation specialty. In this course, you will review the verb tenses that you learned in beginning English classes and learn about a few tenses you may not know very well. In all, you'll cover all 12 of the English verb tenses and passive verb forms. Most importantly, you'll learn how to blend these tenses, which is what native speakers frequently do. This course is vital to your becoming a more fluent English speaker. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

NN
Feb 14, 2021

I am endlessly grateful for this course. I’ve learned so much. And let me tell you something, I’ve enjoyed the videos from our teachers better than any Netflix movie I had been binge watching.

ED
Dec 11, 2020

I had been learning tenses at several courses just before I found this one. I found it extremely useful and so interactive! Moreover, the teachers are so creative and so lovely unusual!

101 - 125 of 402 Reviews for Verb Tenses and Passives

By Ishrat J S

Jul 12, 2020

Thank you, teachers, for preparing an amazing course. I enjoyed it and learned a lot of things. Now my weakness is gone.

By SUSHIL B S U

Jul 5, 2020

This course really helps to enrich the knowledge and many unknown things clarified in a simpler method.

By ABDUL M K

Jul 19, 2020

very good. Peer review is sometimes faulty. Not all participants are qualified to rate others and some are very unfair

By Tomi O

Nov 6, 2020

I love this course. So easy to understand. Thanks for the detailed explanation Jake and Emily, you guys are amazing.

By Yan L

Oct 19, 2018

The course is very useful for me personally because I am always confused with all the tenses. Now I know better :)

By Toufique A

Jan 31, 2021

Amazing course, the teachers are very skilled and made a great job in helping us to understand the tenses better.

By S I

Sep 11, 2020

In verb tenses and passives i learned that how and when to use it.It is quite good experience.Thanks to coursera

By Fe s

Apr 3, 2020

I strongly recommend to All the English language students to study Coursera online study. I have learned a lot.

By Erhan O

Jan 16, 2020

Thanks a lot. I learned many important grammar rules in this course. In addition, I learned rules permanently.

By Anibal H S

Dec 28, 2016

It is an excellent course. I really improved my English learning process. Thanks for the group of instructors.

By Kainat B

Jul 27, 2020

The way of teaching is very interesting and catching up the attention. I've learned a lot from this platform.

By Isaac M H G

Nov 22, 2020

I love Emily and Jake! They both are perfect teaching and I loved all of their video examples, very funny :)

By Abhishek K S

Jul 18, 2019

I loved this course very much.

This course was well designed for everyone to comprehend.

Thanks to teachers.

By Hanna B A P

Jun 17, 2017

This course is excellent. I really liked the structure. The dynamics used by the teachers are a plus.

Cheers

By Maia M

May 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I refreshed my knowledge and got a lot of tips on how to teach complex tenses. Thank you!

By Jose L R S

Jun 4, 2020

The very easier course to remember grammar and tenses. The teachers make it really dynamic and energetic.

By Alejandra C V

Jul 30, 2020

Excellent course! Really well structured. I improved my knowledge about the correct use of verb tenses.

By Alexandra P

Jan 22, 2018

I clearly recommend this course, it is awesome. Very active and interesting! I learned so many things.

By Garipzhanova R M

Oct 28, 2020

I really liked it! Your course was useful and new knowledge can definitely help my career. Thank you!

By Aura M M G

Jul 25, 2020

I loved the way teachers worked on the material. I learned a lot while having so much fun! Thank you!

By Jayson L M

Dec 8, 2020

What an excellent course. I have learned a lot from it. Thank you UCI and Coursera for this course.

By Pongpakorn J

Aug 19, 2020

This course has good instructors. The contents contain enough examples and exercises to understand.

By Heba N

Jul 27, 2019

i thrilled to learn with these amazing teacher, and i digested all the information from this course

By Olesia D

Nov 17, 2016

The teachers are simply great! The methods used in this lecture are really productive. Thank you!

By Kim Y

Oct 13, 2020

Very interesting course with excellent teachers. Ladies, you are awasome! Thank you for teaching.