Back to Foundations of Virtual Instruction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Virtual Instruction by University of California, Irvine

4.4

Welcome to Foundations of Virtual Instruction! This course will help you 'up' your game and develop the advanced skills and techniques that elude even some of the most experienced virtual teachers in the K-12 space. Examine pitfalls and learn how to overcome them by focusing on the fundamentals that have the most significant impact on student learning in a blended or online environment. When you complete this course, you will be able to: • Craft virtual learning experiences that align with your student's needs. • Set up a learning environment to get to know your students, and they get to know each other. • Use a variety of online tools to provide feedback and personalize the learning experience. • Identify at-risk students and employ effective strategies for teaching them. • Compare and contrast online and face-to-face learning communities. • Apply strategies to make virtual courses more human....

MD
Nov 18, 2020

I am very thankful to all the creators and developers of this course, It really gave me the opportunity to understand the terminologies, legalities and a lot more,\n\nOnce again Thank you very much!!

JC
Oct 25, 2020

The readings are interconnected throughout the lessons, making it easy for me to understand the lesson completely. More interactive materials aside from discussion prompts are recommended.

51 - 75 of 338 Reviews for Foundations of Virtual Instruction

By giselle b

Sep 8, 2020

The instructor keeps stumbling over the reading, and many of the words are misspelled!

By Dino P C

Aug 17, 2020

A bad example of online instruction

Aug 4, 2020

It is a well demanding course. If you need to learn the basics of virtual/online/remote teaching is the perfect course for you. No requirements are necessary but a lot of interest in knowledge and wish to improve relationship with students in virtual orientation teaching!

By Dianne S V B

Nov 9, 2020

Excellent course! Very relevant as it really does provide interesting, informative facts on how to address issues that may be encountered when dealing with everything that pertains to virtual instruction! Love the gamut of information that it provided.

By Nagendra P P

Nov 27, 2020

A wonderfully designed course for teachers and aspiring teachers who would like to enhance their skills in virtual Education. Thanks to Ms Cindy and University of California, Irvine for launching this course on Coursera

By MAR G D

Nov 19, 2020

Once again Thank you very much!!

By Joseph M S C

Oct 26, 2020

By Narmin A

Dec 6, 2020

Hi, I am Narmin Abdullayeva. This course has become an invaluable treasure for me. I was amazed by what I learned. Thank you very much for the course. Special thanks to Cindy Carbajal.

By Ph.D A P

Jan 9, 2021

Thank you University of California, İrvine and instructor CindyCarbajal for Foundations of Virtual Instruction course! I enjoyed of your modules! I am thankfull for coursera

By Mehriban K

Feb 9, 2021

These days, this is the right course for teachers! I highly appreciate everyone who managed all these readings, materials, videos, quizzes and etc. Thanks a lot!

By Amanda B

May 28, 2019

This course introduced me to the world of Virtual Teaching, gave me awareness of online tools, and inspired me to continue developing as a professional.

By english 4

Nov 28, 2020

This course is very helpful for me and provides a lot of tool for the online teacher to apply in effective online teaching. Thank you so much

By Mohamed S

Jan 14, 2019

The foundation is nicely laid to anyone even for those who have got no prior knowledge of virtual / online learning. I enjoyed it!

By Patta S V

Aug 24, 2020

This is course will very helpful to who are taking virtual classes.

Thank you, to gaining good knowledge about Virtual Classes.

By Anisha A

Jan 3, 2021

I got the opportunity to learn a lot through this course, its really a lot beneficial than I imagined.Thanks to coursera.

By Muhammad i

Jan 3, 2019

This course is very informative about online learning methodology.i like it much and gain huge amount of knowledge.Thanks

By Donnie L

Jul 20, 2021

The course layout and extensive information contained in this course are a must to anyone considering Virtual Teaching.

By MAXIM B

Aug 25, 2020

Excellent foundation course for all those interested in online and blended teaching and learning. Strongly recommended.

By Dr. T K

This course is well designed and crafted for optimum output. I hope it will be very helpful for the teaching community.

By ravi c

Feb 25, 2019

good course, very flexible use to browse and understand. quite a motivating for online teacher. easy to implement also.

By Álvaro A S V

Dec 23, 2020

I liked this course Because it gave me such a wide perspective of something I really didn't know was so ample. Thanks

By Eaira M P E

Jul 31, 2020

Dear facilitators and those who worked behind this course, Thank you so much for your great effort.Excellent course.

By Punkaran S

Jun 27, 2020

It was a wonderful experience. Gauged lot of valuable points and areas of opportunities, to improve online teaching.

By nimra y

Sep 11, 2020

Blended, virtual learning platforms

I really like the way you conducted quizzes a good distant learning platform