Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

RS

Dec 31, 2021

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

BB

Mar 31, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.

This course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

151 - 175 of 1,262 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By Marem L

Apr 29, 2021

Muy bien me ha ayudado a desarrollar mis habilidades como diseñadora grafica y al mismo tiempo me ha iniciado en el mundo de la UX/UI, con muchas ganas de seguir aprendiendo de esto con ustedes!!!!!

By Krystle G

Jun 6, 2022

This course was fun and easy to get through! Not demanding of my time at all which is great being I have a 6 month old! I plan to continue with the remaining 3 courses in the UX/UI Specialization.

By MJ

Nov 15, 2021

This was my first one with Coursera and definitely exceeded my expectation.

Looking forward to learn more with other courses.

One item to note, some users may not be doing the peer review properly.

By Claudia P U Y

Apr 18, 2021

I enjoyed this course so much because it helped me understand the UI/UX design basics and the importance of thinking about not only the structure but also what you want to make it look and feel.

By Alexandra C

Jul 14, 2022

A​s a total newbie to UI/UX, I feel that this course gave me a very strong introduction to the concepts and the foundation for understanding UI/UX. I'm excited to continue the specialization!

By Parth F

May 31, 2021

Its old for the time i am doing the course but its shows the start of UI?UX desgin and how far we have come it also have a very detailed look at what it present, surely it helpfull today also

By Adepu V

Sep 14, 2020

It's an amazing course with all the fundamentals covered! i personally loved their peer grading system which lets us see works that our fellow peers do and also grade each other with reviews.

By M. Y K

Mar 23, 2022

this course looks short but it needs lil m9re thinking and practice..every point of it is very critical...additional exercises and assignments might help more in understanding this course..

By viviana s

Aug 8, 2020

it is a really great class, I learned a lot and realized I didn´t know as much as I thought, the lectures and extra resources are really great and help you learn more if thats what you want

By Carla A

Jul 21, 2019

I loved this course! I learned much more than I expected. I will continue to do the other parts of the specialization. Thank you, teacher Michael! Congratulations! Your course is a success!

By Francis B

May 15, 2020

Very clear and engaging course on Interface Design. I learned some much more than I expected and found myself understanding the concepts easier because of the presentation of the material.

By Lukas S

Jan 31, 2021

Super good introduction or a repeat material for anyone looking to refresh UI basic principles. Build good foundational knowledge to ensure well crafted and carefully structured UI works.

By Elsania T K

Nov 20, 2020

This course is amazing especially for me that just started in UI/UX design. For you who didn't have design basic, this course will teach you everything you need to start as a UI designer.

By SUPRIYA S

Jul 13, 2020

It was a great learning experience.Learned a lot of new skills and problem solving techniques related to User Interface design and Experience design as well.Highly recommend it to others.

By Neetu L

Mar 28, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course and learnt a lot. I had absolutely no knowledge about working on any of the adobe apps and designing, so this course is very good for beginners like me.

By Paulo E B d M

Feb 22, 2021

Quite didactic and instructive! Although I already know some of the concepts and practices, it complemented my knowledge of the area and consolidated what was before I had only one idea!

By Riley Y

Feb 9, 2020

It feels good that I can show something and get reviews at the end.

The additional source that the course recommends is really helpful.

I'd like to go to the next step and improve myself.

By sAurabh P

Jun 23, 2021

This courses covers the visual aspects of any user interface quite well. There were ample opportunities given to learn and create things from scratch. Overall satisfactory experience.

By Siddharth Y

May 9, 2020

This course gave me a basic idea of UI design. Every video gave me the knowledge that led me to design a UI for an app. I'll be finishing all the four courses in this specialization.

By Jose P A M

Apr 18, 2020

Very complete course. Takes detail in a lot of important aspects of UI/UX design. The video lessons are entertaining and they keep the attention. I feel like a better designer now.

By Katerina K

Jan 18, 2021

Very interessant course with practice exercises. I liked it and learned some new things. I would just have a possibility to download a pdf file to repeat some things that I learnt.

By Nabil R

Jul 13, 2020

In your course I learned to better understand ui ux design, as well as your responsiveness and your comments will allow me to better consolidate my work. Thank you for everything.

By Janice M

Apr 19, 2020

I like this course ! a lot of solid informtion and resourse, you can adjust your learning speed.

the only thing is peer review seems not too helpful compare to prefessional review.

By NINAD D

Awesome course i had learn so many things in these course.

Thanks to my college Zeal Education Society for giving me this opportunity and also thanks to coursera fot this course.

By SRISHTI S

Apr 12, 2021

The course was incredibly informative and interesting. I wanted to thank the faculty pf CalArts for their constant guidance. Really learned a lot in this specialization course.