Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

551 - 568 of 568 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Priyanka

Aug 12, 2019

The course was really excellent .It will very useful to me. And I Learned a lot of things.Now I knew the hearts important functions and structure how it works and how the vital signs are. Thank you so much to Dr. Scanga. She took the class very well.

By Maria C A N

Aug 27, 2019

It's okay to begin with

By Saher A S E

Sep 03, 2019

It was very intersting

I love this experience so much

By arieh k

Jun 12, 2019

an exellenct course, i enjoyed it very much!

By 朱梓勤

Mar 28, 2016

Useful lesson for our live! However, it is quite difficult.

Mar 21, 2016

A bit informative than expected as per a Life science student. However brilliant for beginners.

By Jeong J

Dec 11, 2016

GOO

By asifa w

Jan 12, 2017

it was a good experiance.

i got to revise things i learned before.

By Baxan A

Dec 29, 2016

Thank you very much , it helped a lot. it was good to find a course like this, especially for me that Iam in a country that there is war , in here we fight against ISIS , and the situation is hard here to have courses and other things to be get better in what we want . so a huge thanks to you all.

By Erik W

Jun 12, 2017

Informative.

By Neetu G

Jun 03, 2019

The is too good...

By Adam M

Oct 11, 2017

Not really challenging, easy, solid basis.

By reine r r

Nov 08, 2017

the content was what i was looking for to update but i used other material sources to actually do it because the course delivery here was too conventional and therefore quite boring.

By David F P S

Sep 22, 2016

La universidad me pide el certificado gratuito y no me lo dan por no pagar 50 Dolares

By Randy C

May 25, 2016

The videos were unwatchable. Thank goodness for the transcripts.

You mean the amateurish/contrived/phony/staged question and answer type format?

!!! Exactly !!!

By D P

Sep 06, 2017

None of the vidoes are working.

=(

By Eileen A

Mar 22, 2017

Using text editor is awkward to read the doc.X files on a Mac . I have no idea what a SRT file is so I am not comfortable downloading a file of this type.

By arhumyasin