Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AN

May 09, 2020

I have learned a lot of things from this course. This course disclosed innumerable mysteries of human body that I didn't know earlier. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks for this wonderful content.

801 - 825 of 889 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Yolla w

Apr 12, 2020

its a very good course and the teachers are excellent at explaining especially the sim lab and practical sessions were very useful to me thankyou for the effort.

By TKgamer

Jun 09, 2017

Wonderful Course, teaches you about Homeostasis, Circulatory System, Respiratory System, touches on respiration (chemical reactions) and the nervous system :)

By Mark W

Aug 20, 2017

Overall, very good. Students would benefit from more background in human anatomy and physiology than I have, but I still got a lot from the material.

By Raviteja K

Feb 22, 2018

good course. Helps a lot for beginners in medicine and all others non medical people to know basic mechanisms and vital signs in our body.

By Nicole S

Mar 23, 2018

I was expecting the course to not be so technical, but I ended up learning a lot and most of it was really easy to follow and understand.

By Ashley A

Mar 02, 2016

a nice course, slower pace, easy to watch/follow. good for people who are NEW to understanding vital signs. A good tool in beginners ECG.

By Karla P G R

Jun 18, 2017

It helps you to review the basics about the five vital signs. It´s a good course but I wish i could learn more in depth about the topic,

By Kyrhen D

There are some parts which are inaudible but this course is very useful! The topics are explained simply and are easy to understand.

By Teresa L

Sep 14, 2016

I love how there are students present to ask questions. It really helps to clarify the points that the professor is trying to make.

By Cha K

May 23, 2016

Instructor is amazing and very clear. You have to be sure you are reviewing ALL course materials as the course is very thorough.

By Paul L

May 23, 2019

An excellent course to gain the basics and more of an in depth knowledge into what the body does and tells us with vital signs.

By Jonathan M

Mar 07, 2018

It's a great course but the volume variesw considerably in the videos, at moments barely audible or too loud in others.

By ayesha

Jun 18, 2020

course is really knowldegable and the week topics are well cordinated and explained and thank to all the lecturers.

By Adam K

Jun 07, 2019

The language was pretty difficult to grasp, but once understood it was very illuminating and fulfilling knowledge.

By David S Y C

Aug 16, 2017

Muy buen curso, me interesa el tema aunque faltan pequeños detalles en ciertos videos.

Gracias Coursera y PENN.

By Fran

Aug 08, 2016

This is well a presented, informative and moderately challenging course. Liked it enough to take it twice.

By dillon b

Apr 01, 2020

The course is good but I don't have the stuff to run it and I'm in middle school so it only gets 4 stars.

By Maria O G

Jul 17, 2019

it was really good experience and also really informative. i am impressed the way you teaching seriously

By Murtuza A

Sep 18, 2016

An excellent overview of human physiology, recommended for undergraduate medicine or nursing students :)

By srishti g

Oct 17, 2017

vital signs course is very beneficial to learn basic about cardiology ...i love to do that course

By Dimitris M

Aug 16, 2017

Very helpful course. Good for the understanding of basic concepts of physiology. Well organized!

By Archie M

Oct 16, 2017

An excellent course to take in order to understand the basics of vital signs in the human body.

By Tetsuo U

Dec 16, 2018

Thank you very much. I learned a lot about my body and enjoyed the course very much.

By Tom H

Oct 27, 2016

Complemented my learning and taught me how to treat and assess different vital signs.

By Marian i D

Jun 10, 2020

Dr scanga made it easy for me to understand this course.. it was an amazing journey.