Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR
Sep 29, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AN
May 8, 2020

I have learned a lot of things from this course. This course disclosed innumerable mysteries of human body that I didn't know earlier. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks for this wonderful content.

1126 - 1134 of 1,134 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Erika k

Jul 17, 2020

the idea of a teacher teaching a class is horrible, people come to online courses to actually learn something, and the reasons public schools usually don't work is because you have a class, full of people, the teacher addressing them, (and here absolutely unashamed and looking directly into the camera even though shes teaching a class), and explaining all the material in a very low level way. is it really that hard to say something was 'activated' and not 'exited'? this isn't a dog, or a human, its a blood vessel or an electrical charge, they don't get exited, they are at least activated by some other source. i tried to learn, i really did, but the fact that the professor got herself to look like a barbie doll for the camera and the kids, even though it is evident what her true age is, all jumping around and trying to act young and carefree, calling the kids by nicknames, cracking jokes. ma'am, this is a university, ,not community college, please, get your act together accordingly.

By Raymond F

Nov 3, 2020

I don't want to be a nurse, I just wanted a basic understanding of my vital signs. This course is for someone who should be in nursing school. You will learn copious amounts of Latin that you will never use in your normal life.

I have completed many courses on Coursera, and this is the first time that I would NOT recommend taking this to anyone for any reason. If you are interested in this course, go to medical school.

By Randy C

May 25, 2016

The videos were unwatchable. Thank goodness for the transcripts.

You mean the amateurish/contrived/phony/staged question and answer type format?

!!! Exactly !!!

By Eileen A

Mar 21, 2017

Using text editor is awkward to read the doc.X files on a Mac . I have no idea what a SRT file is so I am not comfortable downloading a file of this type.

By Brian W

Oct 19, 2020

Unable to download a certificate, major PIA after completing course!!! Unable to contact anyone from coursera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By David F P S

Sep 22, 2016

La universidad me pide el certificado gratuito y no me lo dan por no pagar 50 Dolares

By Paula M

Jun 4, 2018

Format was not the best for communicating the information

By D P

Sep 5, 2017

None of the vidoes are working.

=(