Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

YY
Feb 9, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

VN
Feb 20, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

76 - 100 of 821 Reviews for Building Web Applications in PHP

By Harshvardhan

Mar 13, 2018

I very much like this course & I'll surely be suggesting this to my colleagues. Charles sir were great in there. I've enrolled in his other courses too. The way he takes us back to the origin of the programming languages & his experiences with it is amazing!

By Sergio F G M D

Sep 27, 2020

Es un curso bastante basico para los que tienen poco o ninguna experiencia con PHP, a pesar de conocer la mayor parte me gusto para manener conocimentos frescos y los retos de las tareas me gustaron bastante, vale la pena y el instructor es muy ameno.

By Nancy S

Jul 19, 2018

This is one of the best well packed online Web Development course. The videos, reading materials and all the relevant assignment has helped me clear my doubts and has taught me a lot of important concepts which I can use in real-life web applications.

By Kyle V

May 25, 2018

Great into course that covers a lot of ground. While taking this course will not make you a commercial ready application developer, this course lays a solid foundation for refining programming and application development skills down the road.

By Aditya C

Jan 3, 2018

Excellent for those who have some prior programming experience and want to learn some web development in HTML and PHP. It also teaches you how to host and test the php files live on your own desktop and test it before actually publishing it.

By Nagulavancha A R

Sep 10, 2020

It's a great course. Dr. Chuck is an amazing professor. I had fun at every step. At times when my code didn't work I felt frustrated but the teaching staff always helped. Big thanks to Dr.Chuck and his team for teaching me in the best way.

By Tadiwa L M

Oct 1, 2020

Such a brilliant course, I was confused with PHP before, but now after completing this course, I understand what's going on much better. The lecturer is also fun to watch and he keeps you interested, I really loved this course, 10/10!!!

By Sarvagya S

Apr 6, 2020

This course is a real must if anyone wants to begin learning PHP and web Applications. Sir Charles Russell Severance is a really great teacher. His extra videos that he shares are really were helpful to get better insight on the topic.

By Aspa P

Nov 2, 2020

Great Course! It included practical examples and assignments! It was interesting to see how to create login pages redirecting to another page and using salt method for encrypting data. Looking forward to the rest of the training path.

By Yana K

Aug 3, 2020

Relly enjoed this course. I have already used PHP in my projects, but I wanted to learn more theory and go deeply in language. This course helps to learn significant basics of PHP, HTML and CSS. By the way, bonus video are so fun! :)

By Ameya S

Aug 5, 2019

This was my first online course.It was an good experince. Dr.chunk explain not only concept of web development but also history of web development in detail. Video lectures are awesome, you will never get bored during this course.

By Natraj n c

Jun 16, 2018

The main reason that made every one including me like this course is teaching style of Professor Charles. His teaching style is unique. I can say that the best course and specialization I have taken in coursera is this one.

By Dennis M

Nov 10, 2020

I really enjoyed how Dr Chuck's explanations were in depth and the fact that he always begins each lecture with some brief history of the topic he's teaching.It helps you understand why things are the way they are today.

By Chandan K

Aug 13, 2018

This course is really awesome that made me enjoyed this course while learning fundamentals of PHP programming with practical assignments. Also I really like wonderful style of teaching from course's instructor Dr. Chuck.

By Sayyid A S R

Jul 12, 2020

Dr. Chuck's courses are always nicely explained, and the concepts help in freelance work. One thing I would like to be improved is the Auto-graded assignments which are easy to do, but difficult to understand the task.

By Philip

Apr 1, 2018

Love this course. Dr Chuck is a great teacher. He makes difficult subjects appear simple and his courses provide the foundation for further study. Do this course. Do ALL of Dr Chucks courses. You will not regret it.

By Srilekhya P

Jun 15, 2020

concepts and tools are presented well and easily understandable with neat examples. Recommended for those who want to learn web application. Professor Dr. chuck lectures are cool, assignment resources are helpful.

By Kapilan B

May 3, 2020

Step by Step guide, very energetic and enthusiastic professor. My First finished course in coursera (Lot of courses are on progress for a long time. Hehe). Thank you for this opportunity. Keep the good work going.

By Shyam S

Jun 5, 2019

This course is quite engaging and Dr. chuck's teaching style makes you feel like you were watching a movie. I also learned a great deal in PHP. Overall, a must have if you want to learn the fundamentals of php.

By Gourav K K

Jul 6, 2020

This course is very good for those who want to learn web development. I will recommend to enroll into this wonderful course and learn something that will help you. Thanks Coursera and University of Michigan.

By Wishnuputra D

Jan 3, 2020

Thank you Professor Charles, for the great course. In this course I learned a lot about PHP and how web application work. Now I understand how web application works and I am ready to learn any web framework.

By Michael S

Jul 11, 2018

I just finished the previous certificate on front-end design and I always wondered what happened on the back end. I am one step closer to understanding it, thanks to this great class. I highly recommend it.

By Bhavya S

Jun 27, 2020

Perfect MOOC for learning PHP with understanding of what going on behind the code.

Dr. Chuck is the coolest teacher I ever seen, he taught every concept with fun.

I really love the "Bonus Videos".

Thanks

By Maria E C G

Feb 3, 2019

Thank you very much Dr. Chuck, I learn and enjoy your classes. I understand a better way to do my job,security is important in data management.I recomend this course to all who do web applications

By DIDIEK T

Apr 21, 2021

This course really helps me in my area of interest. Especially for prospective web developers, it is mandatory to take this course because this course is extraordinary and easy to understand.