Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

YY

Feb 10, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

VN

Feb 21, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

76 - 100 of 619 Reviews for Building Web Applications in PHP

By Bcsf17m555-SAYYID A S R

Jul 12, 2020

Dr. Chuck's courses are always nicely explained, and the concepts help in freelance work. One thing I would like to be improved is the Auto-graded assignments which are easy to do, but difficult to understand the task.

By Philip

Apr 01, 2018

Love this course. Dr Chuck is a great teacher. He makes difficult subjects appear simple and his courses provide the foundation for further study. Do this course. Do ALL of Dr Chucks courses. You will not regret it.

By Srilekhya P

Jun 15, 2020

concepts and tools are presented well and easily understandable with neat examples. Recommended for those who want to learn web application. Professor Dr. chuck lectures are cool, assignment resources are helpful.

By Kapilan B

May 03, 2020

Step by Step guide, very energetic and enthusiastic professor. My First finished course in coursera (Lot of courses are on progress for a long time. Hehe). Thank you for this opportunity. Keep the good work going.

By Shyam S

Jun 05, 2019

This course is quite engaging and Dr. chuck's teaching style makes you feel like you were watching a movie. I also learned a great deal in PHP. Overall, a must have if you want to learn the fundamentals of php.

By Gourav K K

Jul 06, 2020

This course is very good for those who want to learn web development. I will recommend to enroll into this wonderful course and learn something that will help you. Thanks Coursera and University of Michigan.

By Wishnuputra D

Jan 04, 2020

Thank you Professor Charles, for the great course. In this course I learned a lot about PHP and how web application work. Now I understand how web application works and I am ready to learn any web framework.

By Michael S

Jul 11, 2018

I just finished the previous certificate on front-end design and I always wondered what happened on the back end. I am one step closer to understanding it, thanks to this great class. I highly recommend it.

By Bhavya S

Jun 27, 2020

Perfect MOOC for learning PHP with understanding of what going on behind the code.

Dr. Chuck is the coolest teacher I ever seen, he taught every concept with fun.

I really love the "Bonus Videos".

Thanks

By Maria E C G

Feb 03, 2019

Thank you very much Dr. Chuck, I learn and enjoy your classes. I understand a better way to do my job,security is important in data management.I recomend this course to all who do web applications

By Tristan G

Jan 19, 2019

Really appreciate that the low level explanations are given for things. Other courses throw frameworks and high-level functions with no explanation which is really frustrating.

By SIDDHARTH S

Jul 23, 2020

Nice one but needed more example during teaching than theory and history. What i think, we needed a few more dummy projects which could be demonstrated being done by the prof.

By Федотов Н

Nov 25, 2018

very interesting course,doctor Chuck is the best teacher in my life!

Now i know so much about Php and how it works and its very beautiful!

Thank you,Dr.Chuck!You are the best!

By sopiko g

May 07, 2018

I loved this course, it puts nicely togather different aspects of web applications. Enjoyble. fun and easy to start with :) Good foundation for sure for further learning :)

By Kirill A

Mar 27, 2020

Just what I was looking for. Not just simple listing of different functions and commands, but a great overview how the things are interconnected between each other.

By Fahim R

May 04, 2020

Thanks for explained the HTML, CSS efficiently for learning basic web development purpose. Looking forward to complete the Web Applications for Everybody course.

By praveen n

Aug 22, 2020

This was a great course. The teacher is excellent, very experienced and is able to carry his experience and knowledge into the teachings in an excellent manner

By Walter G R L

Aug 19, 2020

Good very good! I am very happy to learn new knowledge.

Very good study program, friendly with the student and above all the effort to teach quality classes.

By Linda K

Sep 08, 2018

This is a great course. I've just used what I learned to build a mySQL DB with data in JSON.

Thanks for this fabulous opportunity to have a great skill set :)

By Nicholas M

May 12, 2019

A great course for learning HTML, CSS, and PHP. It also teaches you why these languages are important to learn and how they fit together in a larger picture.

By Jacques D

Apr 29, 2019

I appreciated this course. It was simple and succinct. I'm using the topics learned as a basis for more learning. Sadly, there are no courses on Advanced PHP

By Juan S D O

Aug 05, 2020

The teacher explains very well and the course has some good tests and practices to introduce in the webpage making world. I have learned a lot with this one

By Juan M O

Jul 11, 2020

Great teacher!! It's an excellent introductory course to php. It doesn't go deep inside each topic, but I think that must be impossible!!!!.

I'd do it again!

By Anestis K

Mar 26, 2019

Great course and instructor. I recommend this to everyone who is into web programming. The course is for people who have some basic programming experience.

By Sai N Y

Oct 08, 2019

I learned some new server language with which I can build some new applications. Thank the coursera and all the professors out for support and patience.