Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

YY

Feb 10, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

VN

Feb 21, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

76 - 100 of 459 Reviews for Building Web Applications in PHP

By Linda K

Sep 08, 2018

This is a great course. I've just used what I learned to build a mySQL DB with data in JSON.

Thanks for this fabulous opportunity to have a great skill set :)

By Nicholas M

May 12, 2019

A great course for learning HTML, CSS, and PHP. It also teaches you why these languages are important to learn and how they fit together in a larger picture.

By Jacques D

Apr 29, 2019

I appreciated this course. It was simple and succinct. I'm using the topics learned as a basis for more learning. Sadly, there are no courses on Advanced PHP

By Juan M O

Jul 11, 2020

Great teacher!! It's an excellent introductory course to php. It doesn't go deep inside each topic, but I think that must be impossible!!!!.

I'd do it again!

By Anestis K

Mar 26, 2019

Great course and instructor. I recommend this to everyone who is into web programming. The course is for people who have some basic programming experience.

By Sai N Y

Oct 08, 2019

I learned some new server language with which I can build some new applications. Thank the coursera and all the professors out for support and patience.

By Javier M

Oct 13, 2018

Great class, well taught by a very engaging lecturer. I would recommend this class to anybody who is interested in learning more about web applications.

By Abrar H

Mar 20, 2019

Excellent teaching style by Dr. Chuk. I am able to develop web application after completing this course.

Thanks to Coursera and Dr. Chuk for great work.

By Kevin A O E

Mar 08, 2020

es un curso que no solo te enseña un lenguaje de programacion sino como se comunican entre si todas las herramientas para lograr un proyecto integrado

By Roelof v H

Dec 20, 2019

awesome basic experience that i m sure will prepare me for further studies in php. Wish the end project was a tad bit more challenging with less help.

By Laszlo A

Jun 11, 2018

Obviously it was just a glimpse into the science of web development, but excellently structured and presented to raise interests for digging deeper.

By Roneyb

Oct 30, 2017

Very good for people with basic knowledge of programing languages (Python is recomended) and close do no knowledge on HTML, CSS and Web Applications

By tarek e

Sep 27, 2018

its great course and really i enjoy. i knew its just start need to work more harder.

one this if there is more example more codes would be fantastic

By Irana

May 19, 2018

The best Instructor Professor Teacher I have ever seen!

Amazing course for anyone or everyone indeed!

Thanks endlessly to Dr.Chuck! He is Number 1!

By Robert P H J

Jan 21, 2018

Great overview of the language, and Dr. Chuck gives you a great initial look at how PHP works. Looking forward to the other classes.

Rob Howard

By Anthony T

Apr 30, 2020

I found the course very interesting and it helped learn a new language in PHP. This will help me a lot in entering back end web development.

By Lakhan N

Jun 03, 2020

Really very nice course with just perfect syllabus, content and a very good instructor.

Highly recommended if you want to start with PHP.

By Станишевский Л Н

Mar 31, 2020

Мной одобрено. Хороший курс с хорошим лектором(особенно часть с караоке).но некоторые вопросы спрашивают до того как была пройдена тема.

By Derek E

Aug 03, 2019

Excellent course for anyone looking to build upon their web development experience and start learning the PHP programming language.

By Kirti D

Apr 28, 2020

I had a wonderful time learning, and the professor did an exceptional job in making the topic super entertaining and interactive.

By Balaji

Apr 19, 2020

i learnt more about php and its very easy to learn php because of the instructor ability to present the concepts. thank you sir.

By Dr. S R V

Apr 25, 2020

It was an excellent course and enjoyed the course. The instructor was damn too good and will look for many more courses by him.

By Joshua K

Jan 05, 2018

The course gave me an understanding on how html forms work and how integrate html and php and how php arrays and functions work

By BHARAMBE S S

Bro Im loving it thanks to great teachers that I, FY student of mechanical is enjoying it. ALL goes to my teacher. thanks sir.

By Linesh P

Jun 14, 2018

It was a very interesting course . I enjoyed well while doing this course. Topics were taught simply . Very good presentation