Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

YY
Feb 9, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

VN
Feb 20, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

126 - 150 of 668 Reviews for Building Web Applications in PHP

By BHARAMBE S S

Bro Im loving it thanks to great teachers that I, FY student of mechanical is enjoying it. ALL goes to my teacher. thanks sir.

By Vyshakh M

Sep 19, 2020

The course is very use full, for who are a intermediate level.but in my opinion even starters can easily pick it up gradualy.

By SURAJ A

Aug 13, 2020

A very informative course with an outstanding teacher too, and the resources,quiz and assignments made learning effective too

By Linesh P

Jun 14, 2018

It was a very interesting course . I enjoyed well while doing this course. Topics were taught simply . Very good presentation

By Koushik S K T

May 13, 2020

Very good course. Especially assignments given at each end of course. Sir Charles way of teaching is good and professional.

By Uche M E

Mar 13, 2020

It was a great course and very eye-opening. It helped me answer the question of how I can use PHP knowledge to develop apps

By Sahil M

Jul 21, 2020

Loved the course!! Dr. chuck you rock!! amazing tutor, you got me indulged into backend so easily. It was fun Thank you!!

By Soundarya R

Aug 17, 2020

This is a great course to begin your back-end web-dev journey! A big thank you to Dr.Chuck for this simple, clear course!

By Pasan B G

Aug 14, 2020

Useful course to whom need basic skills of PHP, HTML and PHP forms. Very detailed and comprehensive course. Recommended.

By Michaelangelo S

Nov 24, 2020

Whoa! Success! Thanks Dr. Chuck. At first I was overwhelmed by the assignment instructions and almost made me give up.

By Tamer H A

Aug 19, 2018

Instructor Dr.Chuck has a great and clear way.

The course is very good to start using PHP in building web applications.

By Muhammad Z

Jul 10, 2020

IT is very good experience for me to join coursera to learn web devlopemt.Team is very cooperative and quick response

By Farhan I

Jun 19, 2020

A great course to follow,

You wanna learn PHP just dive in, you are in safe hands. You will not find a better course.

By David V

Jul 22, 2020

Awesome teacher, great course; the activities are challenging but fun. I learn a lot from this course, I love it.

By Thabo T

May 15, 2018

As always with Dr Chuck in the driving seat, the course is sure to deliver exactly what it promised!!! Thank you

By PRITAM R

May 15, 2020

Great learning experience with Dr. Chuck. Loved his teaching method and looking for the rest of specialization.

By Nabil F H A

Feb 15, 2019

It is great Course .Cover the informations without any boring .I like the way that he explain with Many thanks

By Behzad K

Jul 24, 2018

Amazing course!!!

Had a lot of fun and man Dr.chuck is super awesome.

Would love to meet him personally someday.

By Aikabeli B I

May 10, 2018

I never believed I will be able to understand PHP, this course just opened a new horizon for me in programming

By Jeff R

Apr 28, 2018

Great content and well thought out lesson plans. Everything was relevant and well covered. Thanks Dr. Chuck!

By Ricardo A C S

Jun 28, 2020

Although was challeing for me, it was a very good course, it cover much ground in a very understandable way.

By Jeroen N

Jul 14, 2019

Excellent! It really taught me the basics of PHP, the foundation I need so that I can continue the learning.

By Prabuddha D B

Oct 20, 2020

Important practical aspects are taught, and you may learn lot by trying to understand the final assignment.

By Wanze E N

Nov 20, 2018

Great course that gradually builds, suitable for slow me...Dr. Chuck is doing a good job here. Hello world!

By Hugo S

Apr 17, 2020

Really nice introduction to HTML, PHP and the way to start building simple but effective web applications.